What ticks you off?

timb2

Reaction score
People who judge me by my color. I love to prove them wrong. I'm white and in the Marines playing basketball I surprise people. My Sergeant was a Brotha from the Bronx and he couldn't believe a Brotha from South Central couldn't cover me in a game. That Sergeant always picked me first then from that point on in basketball.LOL.

nobody

Reaction score
People who judge me by my color. I love to prove them wrong. I'm white and in the Marines playing basketball I surprise people. My Sergeant was a Brotha from the Bronx and he couldn't believe a Brotha from South Central couldn't cover me in a game. That Sergeant always picked me first then from that point on in basketball.LOL.

My uncles were good at basketball and were team captains. I was never very good but wasn't all that interested in basketball. I was more into football and soccer.

Trendnet

Reaction score
If someone continues to cuss after being asked politely to refrain from doing it while children are present, then they are being low-brow (and rude) and pointing it out to the kids is instructional to both.

What's infuriating is people who think their kids are special snowflakes and everyone needs to cater to them. Don't swear around My ChlDren. Nah, how about you act like a responsible parent and teach your kids right from wrong instead of expecting other people to do it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What's infuriating is people who think their kids are special snowflakes and everyone needs to cater to them. Don't swear around My ChlDren. Nah, how about you act like a responsible parent and teach your kids right from wrong instead of expecting other people to do it.
Or...and try to stay with me on this....you act like a civilized human being around other people, especially children.
I love to swear, the f word is my favorite, but I know when it's inappropriate and rude to swear. Parents do have a responsibility to teach their children, but you don't need to make it harder.

kskboys

Reaction score
Or...and try to stay with me on this....you act like a civilized human being around other people, especially children.
I love to swear, the f word is my favorite, but I know when it's inappropriate and rude to swear. Parents do have a responsibility to teach their children, but you don't need to make it harder.
Funny, but I agree w/ both of you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny, but I agree w/ both of you.
I see what he's saying. You can't shield your kid from everything. But you shouldn't have to shield them from grownups. On the other hand, I don't think swearing is a big deal, but the part of the world that deals with children, their education, frown on children who say "bad words", and since every child repeats those words, it affects people's perception of them. So while some may not care about the position it puts the parents in, they should at least be considerate enough to not want to adversely affect the children's lives.

nobody

Reaction score

I did. However, It wasn't catering to them to politely ask someone to refrain from something. If I had been a Karen and argued with them telling them that they need to, I'd see your point. However asking them politely is different. If they choose to continue it then it's within my rights to tell someone else that the person in question is a low-brow idiot. If they can't handle that, then they should stop being a special snowflake and accept that someone doesn't like their actions.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anyone was demonstrating rude behavior around my kids, I would wait until we were alone and find a way to bring that up and assess how that affected them. I would not risk a confrontation with any individual that has already made the conscious decision to behave in that manner in front of my kids. It's one thing if they didn't realize it because that has happened to me because I am pretty free with my "adult" language.

I am conscious of it around women and children but with a guy, I am pretty free and have actually had men ask me not to use that language and I comply but to me, they're just words and few cuss words are used in the form they're derived from. But I also realize everyone is entitled to their point of view and I should be respectful of the space they occupy.

And, since I am being a good boy, I allow myself a little extra gratuitous cussing later on as a reward. It is a good thing I have dogs and not a talking bird.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If anyone was demonstrating rude behavior around my kids, I would wait until we were alone and find a way to bring that up and assess how that affected them. I would not risk a confrontation with any individual that has already made the conscious decision to behave in that manner in front of my kids. It's one thing if they didn't realize it because that has happened to me because I am pretty free with my "adult" language.

I am conscious of it around women and children but with a guy, I am pretty free and have actually had men ask me not to use that language and I comply but to me, they're just words and few cuss words are used in the form they're derived from. But I also realize everyone is entitled to their point of view and I should be respectful of the space they occupy.

And, since I am being a good boy, I allow myself a little extra gratuitous cussing later on as a reward. It is a good thing I have dogs and not a talking bird.
This sums up my point of view perfectly...Sometimes I slip up around the kids at family gatherings, and my mother has to tell me to watch my language. That's all it takes, and then I'm more careful, after telling her to eat ****.

csirl

Reaction score
Something that ticked me off in work this week. Have a colleague who goes into an almost OCD type rant from time to time over things like the font of a typed report, or the color of the heading - yesterday he went off at another colleague putting in too much space between paragraphs. Thing is, he very often misses big mistakes in the content of the reports......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Something that ticked me off in work this week. Have a colleague who goes into an almost OCD type rant from time to time over things like the font of a typed report, or the color of the heading - yesterday he went off at another colleague putting in too much space between paragraphs. Thing is, he very often misses big mistakes in the content of the reports......
Yep, there's another driver where I work who goes off on someone from time to time. He does it to everyone except me, because he tried it once when I'd been working there about a year or so. I let him know, in no uncertain terms, that he should refrain from ever doing it again.
The worst part is that he snaps at people when he thinks they're doing one of the exact same things he does regularly. In my case, he basically accused me of screwing off to intentionally get back late. This guy is almost always the last driver back to the yard, and has been for the 23 years I've worked there. It's so bad that myself and a couple of the other drivers have to do more work, because the loader doesn't always want to wait for him to get back to load his truck.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Know when it all comes undone, as it has on me more times than I care to count, I think "too many didn't sweat the small stuff'. It's always been a challenge for people to understand which small stuff needs to be sweated so it doesn't become large stuff.

Many have seen that phrase as permission to make everything small stuff.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score

Speaking of Birds, my uncle had a Blue Mcaw and he owned a Bar and took the bird to work every day. Lets just say, when family came over he went in the back bedroom with the door shut.:muttley: My uncle passed at 73 and bird was 50. The bird passed 2 weeks after my uncle. He never ate again.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
people that special order everything in a "fast Food" line and then change their mind. "Diet Coke little ice",McDouble no pickles and light ketchup, Fries with no salt and extra napkins. That's the first order I have 6..:lmao2:Well, The fish does look good!:omg::angry:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've got one. There's a screen shot going around of a woman who came from poverty and worked a crap job as a waitress and then got together with a truck driver guy who earned good money and immediately helped her to upgrade her quality of life. They fell in love and were a great match. So then he paid her way through college and then through law school, so then she was able to find a great job as a well-paid associate attorney in a law office. At that point, she explains, she feels she deserves better than to be married to a truck driver. Previously, when she was a waitress, being with a truck driver was fine and dandy. Now that she's in the upper class as a respected attorney, she supposedly deserves "better" (read: someone who makes more money than she does). So she was asking for help in how to break up with him without hurting his feelings. Of course, she CAN'T! He'll be devastated. And she's an ungrateful and despicable piece of trash. He's the one who helped her to climb up to a better profession. You would think that would foster loyalty in her. Instead, it would appear it's fostered arrogance and snobbery. Who says a lawyer can't be married to a truck driver? The whole social status crap really peeves me. Driving a freight truck is good, honest work. I don't see that as of less value than a lawyer. The law profession has a lot of prestige, but I don't care about any of that. I respect anyone who does honest work, and I don't value people based on their incomes. I find the woman in that post to be a rotten human being. If she won't stay with him as a truck driver now that she's highly paid, she was just using him. And her looking down on the truck driving profession is snobbery. She's also disgustingly disloyal. Some people try to explain it away as it's just her instincts. That's a load of hooey. We all have primitive instincts that we keep in check. If you went by instincts alone, you would beat the crap out of anyone who's rude to you. I just couldn't believe someone could be such a disloyal class snob after she's the one who came from nothing, and after she accepted all that help. I guess there's a chance that particular screen shot is fabricated, but it rings true.

But that's my pet peeve: snobbery. I don't see lawyers as better than truck drivers. I don't see any dishonor in doing blue collar dirty work. If someone opens up a janitorial business and prospers, good for them! Someone who would look down on them, or even dump a spouse for that reason, is just plain a crappy person.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've got one. There's a screen shot going around of a woman who came from poverty and worked a crap job as a waitress and then got together with a truck driver guy who earned good money and immediately helped her to upgrade her quality of life. They fell in love and were a great match. So then he paid her way through college and then through law school, so then she was able to find a great job as a well-paid associate attorney in a law office. At that point, she explains, she feels she deserves better than to be married to a truck driver. Previously, when she was a waitress, being with a truck driver was fine and dandy. Now that she's in the upper class as a respected attorney, she supposedly deserves "better" (read: someone who makes more money than she does). So she was asking for help in how to break up with him without hurting his feelings. Of course, she CAN'T! He'll be devastated. And she's an ungrateful and despicable piece of trash. He's the one who helped her to climb up to a better profession. You would think that would foster loyalty in her. Instead, it would appear it's fostered arrogance and snobbery. Who says a lawyer can't be married to a truck driver? The whole social status crap really peeves me. Driving a freight truck is good, honest work. I don't see that as of less value than a lawyer. The law profession has a lot of prestige, but I don't care about any of that. I respect anyone who does honest work, and I don't value people based on their incomes. I find the woman in that post to be a rotten human being. If she won't stay with him as a truck driver now that she's highly paid, she was just using him. And her looking down on the truck driving profession is snobbery. She's also disgustingly disloyal. Some people try to explain it away as it's just her instincts. That's a load of hooey. We all have primitive instincts that we keep in check. If you went by instincts alone, you would beat the crap out of anyone who's rude to you. I just couldn't believe someone could be such a disloyal class snob after she's the one who came from nothing, and after she accepted all that help. I guess there's a chance that particular screen shot is fabricated, but it rings true.

But that's my pet peeve: snobbery. I don't see lawyers as better than truck drivers. I don't see any dishonor in doing blue collar dirty work. If someone opens up a janitorial business and prospers, good for them! Someone who would look down on them, or even dump a spouse for that reason, is just plain a crappy person.
I can give her good advice on how to break up with him, without hurting his feelings. She can't do it, so she should take the sting out by paying him back every cent he spent on her when they were together, plus an agent's fee of 15% of her earnings, equivalent to the time he was taking care of her

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I can give her good advice on how to break up with him, without hurting his feelings. She can't do it, so she should take the sting out by paying him back every cent he spent on her when they were together, plus an agent's fee of 15% of her earnings, equivalent to the time he was taking care of her

This is the best possible solution other than just staying loyal to him. If she must break up with him, then your solution is the best possible one. I would also have her admit to him that she's human garbage and a lower life form that a crawling insect slithering out of an outhouse hole, and that he's a way better person than her who deserves to be with a woman better than her, which would be basically almost anyone. She should admit to him that the world would be better off if her daddy had just put on a condom.