What to do at the QB position

kskboys

Reaction score
I should've added.... (after the new coaching staff in January) New coach with a new scheme then QB in that order. If Garrett is still here next April, then it doesn't really matter what they do.
On board.

And if Jerry doesn't want to dump JG, then promote him to the front office and get a real HC and OC in here.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Then you have to wait 2 years then develop him on top of it. And have a high enough pick to get him in the first place.
That guy is going to be worth the wait. Till then give Dak a legitimate opportunity by putting play makers around him and get him some decent coaches. The worst case scenario, you would have a solid backup in place for Tua. :)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Don't really see anyone quitting. All I see are people wanting change, as the status quo isn't working.
Tanking is quitting

DAL could win the SB with this team.....PHI was no better last year.... they used Nick Foles for the entire playoffs

Players have to step up and coaches have to get aggressive...... fortune favors the bold

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
You try to trade Dak, you sign a journeyman veteran like Sanchez who can teach a rookie to be a pro, hire a real QB coach and draft the best QB available this spring.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Tank the rest of the year, bring in a new HC and OC in the off season. Trade up for a legit blue chip QB, not a project that might be alright type. You have open competition in the off season and if the rook beats out Dak, so be it, Dak is a back up. If Dak wins out, the rook sits and studies and learns through at least the start of the season and be evaluated on his progress and how the new offense with Dak is progressing. If Dak shows improvement, we keep as a back up or can trade to re-coup some trade assets.

The first step is a new HC and OC. The current staff cannot and should not be trusted to develop a top3 pick QB. Without a new staff, we will continue with the same problems our offense has had with Dak and with Romo.

kskboys

Reaction score
You try to trade Dak, you sign a journeyman veteran like Sanchez who can teach a rookie to be a pro, hire a real QB coach and draft the best QB available this spring.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO DUMP DAK?

Seriously, why wouldn't you keep him in here and let him compete w/ the QB you bring in? Then you automatically have a cheap backup if you get someone better.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I wouldn't do anything and hopefully Jerry will see the error of his statement that we have a quarterback that we can build on... it is my deepest hopes that he was just trying to keep the young man confident in his abilities and not totally crash and burn. That's a big fall from being a rookie of the year to having people want to run you out of town.

Rajveer

Reaction score
I wouldn't quit

We only get 16 games a year

The offseason sucks

I dont think anyone is quitting. I am sure most of us would be glued to our TVs this coming Sunday to watch them play the Jags. We are just trying to do Jerry's job by diagnosing the issues. The so called GMs of this team some how think that leaving the coaching intact and removing key threats on offense would some how make us better. So far it has back fired. If we had quit, I dont think we would be here wasting our time discussing this team. :)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No, it's not.

Did Jimmy quit when he refused to play the Vikes players that were tied to draft picks? We would've had a better team at the time, you know, and won more games.

Why do you think making moves to benefit you in the future is quitting? I think that going w/ the status quo is quitting.
It is still quitting

Big_D

Reaction score
No, it's not.

Did Jimmy quit when he refused to play the Vikes players that were tied to draft picks? We would've had a better team at the time, you know, and won more games.

Why do you think making moves to benefit you in the future is quitting? I think that going w/ the status quo is quitting.

I see tanking as making moves toward the greater good. This team desperately needs a better coach. Garrett has been a waste of time. You find a better coach, have great position in the draft and the coach holding you back is long gone. The status quo simply isn't working.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is quitting. I am sure most of us would be glued to our TVs this coming Sunday to watch them play the Jags. We are just trying to do Jerry's job by diagnosing the issues. The so called GMs of this team some how think that leaving the coaching intact and removing key threats on offense would some how make us better. So far it has back fired. If we had quit, I dont think we would be here wasting our time discussing this team. :)
You are 100% wrong about that

Half the posters here are troll level that wallow in the misery

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I see tanking as making moves toward the greater good. This team desperately needs a better coach. Garrett has been a waste of time. You find a better coach, have great position in the draft and the coach holding you back is long gone. The status quo simply isn't working.
1/2 game behind the mighty Commanders

Nick Foles won the SB last year