What to do at the QB position

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We will be in heavy competition with the Giants for the #1 QB this year. Winning 8 games this year serves zero purpose, this team is going nowhere with the way our passing game is working. Dak will not be around if we take a top college qb, he will go to another team as a backup and collect a very nice paycheck for the next 10 years. We need to start fresh from scratch with this next draft. We said give him year 3, well we are in year 3 and its so bad even the fanboys are wanting to tank!
How about build up Dak's value and trade him for a 1st and then move up next year with multiple picks

Tractor1

Reaction score
Daks's a 4th round pick.....cheap and athletic. He needs to run a college style offense with designed runs, read options, and the occasional play action pass mixed with slants. He is what he is. Trying to make him a pocket passer with his limited daccuracy will turn out poorly.

rags747

Reaction score
I do what it takes to draft a top qb prospect. I would trade up if needed. Every year it seems there are one or two qb prospects that are top tier.

The rest are crap shoots. We can't afford a crap shoot or we risk wasting the oline and Zeke. We position ourselves to draft the top one or two Qbs and build from that.
Exactly, we have already wasted 3 years with this ol and Zeke waiting for the Dak experiment to workout.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Quitting

Make some moves
It's week 6, the time to make moves was a few months ago. The FO and coaches deluded themselves and many fans that this grand scheme of theirs would work. It surely can't be a surprise that it hasn't. Making trades now is a serious waste of draft capital and does not put us in real contention for a title. Making trades now to maybe, just maybe, gain 1-2 wins is desperation and would at best be lipstick on a pig.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's week 6, the time to make moves was a few months ago. The FO and coaches deluded themselves and many fans that this grand scheme of theirs would work. It surely can't be a surprise that it hasn't. Making trades now is a serious waste of draft capital and does not put us in real contention for a title. Making trades now to maybe, just maybe, gain 1-2 wins is desperation and would at best be lipstick on a pig.
tanking is harder than winning in this league

teams are begging to get beat every week

we have 70m in cap space next year..... that is how we build more

Rajveer

Reaction score
Philly just got their first SB ever and the team is throwing it away

We can take advantage of their hangover

Are we really afraid of Blake Bortles and Alex Smith the Commander??
I dont think our defense is scared of any team in the league. I think at this point they might be scared of their own offense the most, for putting them on the field after short periods of time.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Philly just got their first SB ever and the team is throwing it away

We can take advantage of their hangover

Are we really afraid of Blake Bortles and Alex Smith the Commander??
Is there a secret stash of QBs somewhere that will turn around a team that has no threats at WR/TE in week 6 of the NFL season?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
tanking is harder than winning in this league

teams are begging to get beat every week

we have 70m in cap space next year..... that is how we build more
Fortunately we have the lack of talent and coaching to get the job done. We've done pretty good at losing while we were trying to win, so not really a big leap.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
all I'm looking for is a qb that doesn't have pocket awareness issue, has an internal clock, and doesn't panic when pressured.

Legend

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about QB... Your QB needs weapons on offense and defense.

Please watch video below as fans debate which players are the best at key positions.

It came down to which team was the best.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
most of us have given up on dak.
his record-breaking interception record in 2016 is in the distant past.

whatever the reason for the dropoff, it has happened.
at this point, it seems even IF he has the talent, it is not going to come to the forefront in 2018.

so whether u r done with dak or think dak just needs a better ol and wr, u can probably see that he is making a lot of mistakes.
these mistakes include reading the defense and bad form when throwing.

at a minimum, it seems to me that dak needs to sit and relearn how to be a qb in the nfl.
the best case scenario i can see is that dak was spoiled by the 2016 ol that gave him 8 seconds to throw.
so he was rewarded to minimize mistake by playing conservative.
so this most optimistic interpretation is that his brain is completely fried when 8 seconds became 3 seconds, and he cannot adapt on the fly.
if u r pro-dak, u should still agree that that ol is not coming back at least this year.
even if williams makes huge improvements, tsmith is aging very quickly and looks slow against good de's.

so in the optimistic scenario, dak needs time to practice to unlearn the bad habits.
if dak is benched, he can also calmly learn how to read defenses, as after all, romo had several years to learn before starting.
now if u think what u get with dak is what u see now, then you should also have no problem with sitting him.

so what do we do now at qb.
i would say trade for a vet so the team would not embarrass itself.
we cannot look like we are literally tanking, and an experienced vet would allow us to see if dak is the problem.

hopefully we get the #1 pick and grab the best qb.
even so, i would think an open competition should be held for qb next year.

you draft one next year, you sign a vet and you move forward.....the QB search begins yet again.....it was inevitable, we thought we got lucky but we didn't. we had out opportunity but we passed on it....this year, looking like 5-11 at best...so we are high up there and have a chance to get the QB of the future.