CFZ What Triggers Eagles Hate For Most Cowboys Fans?

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly fans largely are provincial fans. You live in Philly, you need to be a Philly fan. They are territorial. Cowboys fans living in the area are viewed as traitors. Also front runners, only backing a popular franchise.

They also hate us, and frankly there is some validity here, because we are a bunch of over entitled fans that think our crap don't stink despite the fact we've literally **** the bed for over 20+ years when it comes playoff time. We act like we are the best franchise despite being one of the 6-8 worst postseason teams of the last two decades.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Philly fans largely are provincial fans. You live in Philly, you need to be a Philly fan. They are territorial. Cowboys fans living in the area are viewed as traitors. Also front runners, only backing a popular franchise.

They also hate us, and frankly there is some validity here, because we are a bunch of over entitled fans that think our crap don't stink despite the fact we've literally **** the bed for over 20+ years when it comes playoff time. We act like we are the best franchise despite being one of the 6-8 worst postseason teams of the last two decades.
We don't routinely assault other fans, throw things on the field or cheer other player injuries. We have our faults, but we are not even remotely close to being compared to Eagles fans

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Never really hated them. I felt smugly sympathetic as their futility carried on year after year. I did develop a dislike for them when that Ryan era d-line just about ended Aikman's career before it started.

Sydla

Reaction score
We don't routinely assault other fans, throw things on the field or cheer other player injuries. We have our faults, but we are not even remotely close to being compared to Eagles fans
Of course that's true but the question wasn't why Cowboys fans hate Eagles fans. It was why Eagles fans have issues with Cowboys fans.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Lol…think about what you’re saying. Of course they chant ‘Dallas sucks’. It’s tradition. And yes it’s still the biggest rivalry we have. I’m not anrguing any of that.

But for Dallas fans to sit here and say things haven’t changed? Hilarious. It’s pure denial. I’ve already seen several objective Dallas fans here admit it. Only homers don’t. For the last decade+, Cowboys fans have been much more obsessed about the Eagles than the other way around. Deny it all you want… But that’s all it is, denial.
I am an old (62 yrs old) Cowboys fan. I am trying to figure out who is in denial? I think we all are.

Do I like the eagles? No. Or the Commanders or the Giants. No denial here. I don't like any of our division rivals and the eagles are at the top of my list.

I did run into 2 fans in a bar...husband and wife. She was mouthing and he was outside the bar. He couldn't even stand to be around her. That one made me laugh. The rivalries run deep but after all, it is just a game.

Go Dallas Cowboys.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The fact is...if the Eagles all of a sudden became the Washington Commanders, and the Washington Commanders all of a sudden were going to NFC Championships and SuperBowls multiple times over a long stretch of time...we'd stop really caring about Philly and would find intense reasons to hate Washington.

New England Patriots has been one of the most hated teams in this millennium. But before that, nobody cared about them. Heck, I always rooted for the Pats back in the day when I was a kid... I liked their helmets and colors.... now I dispise them and will for life.

The Eagles have gone to a third of all NFC Championship Games since 2000...and multiple SuperBowls. They've been the most consistently good team in the NFC alongside the Packers this century.... and we've been looking up at them since the Internet Age happened. It's natural we "hate" them. It's all a cycle.

J-man

Reaction score
as a Cowboys fan living in central PA, very much in igglets country, I can tell you that it's 2 things,
1. is the dominance we had over them for a very long period of time back in the 70s-80s-90s, They hate winners
2. their own mediocrity over that same period of time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The fact is...if the Eagles all of a sudden became the Washington Commanders, and the Washington Commanders all of a sudden were going to NFC Championships and SuperBowls multiple times over a long stretch of time...we'd stop really caring about Philly and would find intense reasons to hate Washington.

New England Patriots has been one of the most hated teams in this millennium. But before that, nobody cared about them. Heck, I always rooted for the Pats back in the day when I was a kid... I liked their helmets and colors.... now I dispise them and will for life.

The Eagles have gone to a third of all NFC Championship Games since 2000...and multiple SuperBowls. They've been the most consistently good team in the NFC alongside the Packers this century.... and we've been looking up at them since the Internet Age happened. It's natural we "hate" them. It's all a cycle.
Personally this is in no way true, I dont like the whashington whatevers but even when they were good i didnt have a disdain for them... while kicking the crap out of philly back in the day the way the franchise carried itself made me loathe them...its probably the same when they say they dont like the Cowboys, Cowboys carry i high and mighty card while the Eagles carry a sign saying they want to pee in your pool...it is what it is.

75boyz

Reaction score
Irvin lying temporarily paralyzed at their mid field accompanied by some Philly fan applause left a permanent scar that I probably won't ever get over.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just because....

well they are an nfce rival, period

starts and ends there.. add to the list hated lifetime rivals Steelers and Packers. so 5 teams that trigger my hate LOL

eagles are the most hated well their fans and ours, too many luv posts on our site about them shegals trigger me, ughh

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Im fine with the ones who claim eagle fandom they are fine..its the ninja eagles that infest this place that suck
There are a small handful who want to talk actual football that I do not mind.
But there is a rat infestation where they hype each other up and troll, create multiple accounts et al.

Then again there is a subset of supposed Cowboys fans that do the same.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Personally this is in no way true, I dont like the whashington whatevers but even when they were good i didnt have a disdain for them... while kicking the crap out of philly back in the day the way the franchise carried itself made me loathe them...its probably the same when they say they dont like the Cowboys, Cowboys carry i high and mighty card while the Eagles carry a sign saying they want to pee in your pool...it is what it is.
Truthfully, the Eagles hate the Giants more than the Cowboys. It's just right now we are better than the giants....but if Cowboys and Giants were equal then Giants get more Philly hate. They care MUCH more about NY teams (100 miles apart rivalry) then they care about the Cowboys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Truthfully, the Eagles hate the Giants more than the Cowboys. It's just right now we are better than the giants....but if Cowboys and Giants were equal then Giants get more Philly hate. They care MUCH more about NY teams (100 miles apart rivalry) then they care about the Cowboys.
I mean I'm sure its dependent on where you are, but overwhelmingly the Eagles fans i know hate the Cowboys more and its not close.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Lol…think about what you’re saying. Of course they chant ‘Dallas sucks’. It’s tradition. And yes it’s still the biggest rivalry we have. I’m not anrguing any of that.

But for Dallas fans to sit here and say things haven’t changed? Hilarious. It’s pure denial. I’ve already seen several objective Dallas fans here admit it. Only homers don’t. For the last decade+, Cowboys fans have been much more obsessed about the Eagles than the other way around. Deny it all you want… But that’s all it is, denial.
No way. I could care less about the Eagles. They are just one of the Good teams to me. Most Cowboy fans are not obsessed with the Eagles and tip our hats to their success. Eagle fans would never say that about us.