CFZ What Triggers Eagles Hate For Most Cowboys Fans?

tomokawan

Reaction score
as a Cowboys fan living in central PA, very much in igglets country, I can tell you that it's 2 things,
1. is the dominance we had over them for a very long period of time back in the 70s-80s-90s, They hate winners
2. their own mediocrity over that same period of time.
You hit the nail on the head. Those are the reasons why.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I was watching a replay of the 2nd Wash vs Phil game from 2022 which ended 32-21 Wash and left Phila at 8-1. For some reason unknown to me, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Philly lose. I mean, I "Really" felt some pleasure from watching them lose. I passionately hate that team, city, fans and the state in general because of Pittsburgh.

I trace the hate back to the Dick Vermiel days. The Cowboys used to smoke this team in the 70's, fell off in the early 80's including the 1980 NFC Championship Game, which was also called the "Blue Jersey Game", on account that the Eagles, having the choice as the home team, made the Cowboys wear their seemingly cursed blue jerseys (a stigma that dated back to Super Bowl V). To the cheers of a roaring Veterans Stadium crowd, the Eagles defeated the Cowboys 20–7.

And for me, the 90's excluding 3 SB trophies only added fuel to the damn fire!
You ever visited Philly? I'd probably be a jerk too if I had to live there

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Eagles were horrible before Vermiel got there, so yes it started after him. The 80 NFC championship game made their fan base even more obnoxious and when Ryan got there it was over the top. Now that they've won one and been to another SB, were the ones looking up as fans, and I hate that. This Cowboy team needs to do something here soon.
I used to love the empty Eagles SB trophy case emogie...
sigh , the good ole days...
:igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy:

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
This right here.

The Eagles as a team was irrelevant to me in the '80s and '90s. They sucked. It was the Giants and skins that drew my ire.
In the late 2000s, I started to get a little annoyed with the Eagles because of McNabb and DeSean Jackson, but that Sweep plus knocking them out in the WildCard game, took all of the sting off of that.

Fast forward to the past few years, and it's their dumb*** fans that annoy me. But the good news is that they're the most fairweather fans on the planet. When things don't go their way, they want everyone fired and cut. It's hilarious how fast they turned on Howie and Pederson in a short time after their very first Lombardi. Ingrates! They now love Howie and their new Crying Coach, but if they miss the playoffs just once, they'll be on the hotseat again.
Eagles fans are the biggest dirtbags in all of sports but they are the furthest from "fair weather". They'll sell out the next season in literally less than 2 or 3 minutes after coming in last place. Gotta give them that.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
During the strike year, toward the end when the players returned, Randy White and Tony Dorsett crossed the picket line. There was something about their contracts which would perhaps have cost them a bunch of money. So they came in.

Dallas was scheduled to play the Eagles. Landry put both players into the game, and Buddy Ryan was furious.

After the strike ended, Dallas again played the Eagles. The Eagles were ahead and just going to take a knee, but Randall Cunningham pulled up and threw a touchdown pass.

He immediately apologized to the Dallas players because Buddy Ryan made him throw that pass.

Moving on in time, Buddy Ryan put a bounty on a specific player for the Cowboys. I don't remember who, and suspect it was a QB like Staubach, but just don't recall who.

To say the least, the Dallas fans took this as a supreme insult.

It's been the Hatfield's and McCoy's ever since.
It was Luis Zendejas, the kicker. Buddy wasn't around during the Staybach years

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For me, to be honest, Washington still draws my ire more than any other team. For me, the teams that draw my ire more than Philly are the following: Washington, Packers (playoff losses), 49ers, Texans, the Steelers, and the Patriots.

For me, Washington just because of the historical nature of the rivalry, even though we own their stadium. Packers, I don't think I need to add much here. Same with the 49ers.

My ire for the Texans drew because I grew up in the Houston area and really grew a dislike for their fans quickly. I can respect Eagles fans more because we at least have a legit rivalry with the Eagles. I've met a lot of Texans fans who are almost as classless as some of the nasty Eagles fans I've met. Just over Christmas, I was visiting my parents (I live in Cleveland, Ohio now), and a Texans fan saw me at a mall walking with one of my best friends, and he just starts running his mouth at me. I wasn't really in the mood to converse, but he just kept trashing the Cowboys in my face. I've never even had that sort of reaction from Eagles fans, and, like I said, I vacation in New Jersey every year. I know a lot of Eagles fans here in Cleveland, and they never come after me like that. I have had more genuinely enjoyable conversations with Eagles fans than I have had with Texans fans.

Do I really need to explain my ire for the Steelers? As for the Pats, it's because they have more Lombardi's than us lol.
But for the Texans all the teams you’ve listed have a history of significant success.

Hardline

Reaction score
Their Super Bowl win crushed me almost as much as ANY Cowboy loss I've ever experienced....it was the ONE thing we had on that toilet of a city, and easily the most criminal fans ever. I want to vomit every time their fans behavior is excused as simply being passionate.
I miss the empty Iggles trophy case memes.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
My hate for the Iggles has turned into envy. They are better than us from the front office all the way down to the field.

shabazz

Reaction score
What gives fans of a team that hasn’t won squat in over a quarter century the right to hate anybody?

sorry, but winning in the 70s and 90s doesn’t do it for me In feeling worthy of hating any team

Too much self pride and not delusional

mcmvp

Reaction score
No way. I could care less about the Eagles. They are just one of the Good teams to me. Most Cowboy fans are not obsessed with the Eagles and tip our hats to their success. Eagle fans would never say that about us.
Congrats to you, but your own message board says otherwise.

And secondly...many older Eagles fans may continue to hate the Cowboys, but still respect their previous accomplishments, and also respect some of their great players from the past. I know I do.

Mannix

Reaction score
What is that chant of theirs again...oh yeah...G-U-I-D-O-S....GUIDOS!!! :muttley::muttley::muttley:

tomokawan

Reaction score
Congrats to you, but your own message board says otherwise.

And secondly...many older Eagles fans may continue to hate the Cowboys, but still respect their previous accomplishments, and also respect some of their great players from the past. I know I do.
You continue to defend your fan base and will never see it from the otherside. It is not just the older fans, who do still hate the Cowboys, and gladly pass that hatred down to the young. I live here. I know it!!!! You are .00000001 of the Eagle fans. Please take off your Eagle blinders.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was watching a replay of the 2nd Wash vs Phil game from 2022 which ended 32-21 Wash and left Phila at 8-1. For some reason unknown to me, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Philly lose. I mean, I "Really" felt some pleasure from watching them lose. I passionately hate that team, city, fans and the state in general because of Pittsburgh.

I trace the hate back to the Dick Vermiel days. The Cowboys used to smoke this team in the 70's, fell off in the early 80's including the 1980 NFC Championship Game, which was also called the "Blue Jersey Game", on account that the Eagles, having the choice as the home team, made the Cowboys wear their seemingly cursed blue jerseys (a stigma that dated back to Super Bowl V). To the cheers of a roaring Veterans Stadium crowd, the Eagles defeated the Cowboys 20–7.

And for me, the 90's excluding 3 SB trophies only added fuel to the damn fire!
Two things - Buddy Ryan and battery loaded snowballs. :mad:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
There is one irony to the 1990s Eagles, at least for me that is. Those Eagles were bullies. They put the Aikman Cowboys through Fight Club. When we started, the Cowboys were made of cookie dough. After 10 games the Cowboys were carved out of wood.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Philly had their time beating us down. But I didn't know how much hate they had against us until I was older and got in touch with blogs. It was like obsessed kids with emotional issues . It seem disturbing to me.