What type of RB would you like to see as our starter?

shabazz

Reaction score
Was there something Lynch was exceptional at on the field.

I know he was a bruiser but also had the personality on and off the field.

But he never once seemed as lethal as Marion Barber to me. Similar players...but Barber always seemed better to me.

Did Lynch run way faster? Catch passes better? Block better(Barber was a good blocker if im not mistaken)

Just never understood Lynch over Barber. Maybe im a homer or uneducated on Lynch.
I thought he was simply a stronger runner and almost unstoppable in short yardage situations and his longevity was proven

Not taking anything away from Barber though

Creeper

Reaction score
I think today RBs have to have exceptional speed and they have to be able to catch the ball coming out of the back field, and that doesn't mean just having good hands. There is a knack to taking catching the ball and making the first guy miss, or taking off at full speed after the catch. But Having a power back is also a good thing. In other words, RB todays is really two RBs.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is a pretty poor RB draft class. Wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if the first RB off the board is in the 4th round.... partly due to the lower class RBs...and partly due to the sheer number of great players at other positions.

I could see 12 WRs coming off the board b4 the 1st RB does. Maybe more. Historically great WR class.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'll play along. It doesn't matter if jerry picks the guy, isn't this how it works? It doesn't matter what he does he has the jerry excuse.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bring back Zeke. :popcorn:

I like the style and speed of a few in Gus Edward from Baltimore, and also Pachecho in KC And his tough runs as well.
Also a RB like Taylor from the Colts.

Not sure if any are in the draft that fits those or not.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A starting RB needs to be somewhat elusive, break tackles, be patient but explosive when he sees the hole.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Seems like a Pacheco is ideal in todays league.

Dont know about his ability to catch or block...

But he is fast, small enough to be juke-y and runs hard as h e hockey sticks.

Wouldnt mind a guy like that. Pollard runs hard...just not as hard as Pacheco.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
CLEARLY an OL would be the best RB we get that. With that said, would you like to see a bigger more physical running back, or a back that's smaller in size with more of a potential for homeruns?? What type of RB would work best in our offense?
McCarthy showed a propensity to primarily use middle runs, so we definitely need a physical back. Obviously, one who could both be a banger between the tackles and a home run threat would be ideal, but for what we saw McCarthy do with the run game, I'd choose power over speed.

visionary

Reaction score
Seems like a Pacheco is ideal in todays league.

Dont know about his ability to catch or block...

But he is fast, small enough to be juke-y and runs hard as h e hockey sticks.

Wouldnt mind a guy like that. Pollard runs hard...just not as hard as Pacheco.
Pacheco is ideal for Mahomes not Dak

We need a run game that can do 2 things:

1. Will be effective even when the defense knows we will run

2. Take the ball out of Daks hands when he gets the yips

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RB by committee. Get 3 of them and keep them all humble and hungry. 1 goes down you got 2 more just like him. Time for a new contract, trade them or let them walk. Keep drafting RB in the middle rounds.

With a $60M QB's you have to make cuts somewhere.
such an easy position to fill, not that hard to find a RB