What type of RB would you like to see as our starter?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a pretty poor RB draft class. Wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if the first RB off the board is in the 4th round.... partly due to the lower class RBs...and partly due to the sheer number of great players at other positions.

I could see 12 WRs coming off the board b4 the 1st RB does. Maybe more. Historically great WR class.
lot of free agent rb's though to compliment the weak draft

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCarthy showed a propensity to primarily use middle runs, so we definitely need a physical back. Obviously, one who could both be a banger between the tackles and a home run threat would be ideal, but for what we saw McCarthy do with the run game, I'd choose power over speed.
very true!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pacheco is ideal for Mahomes not Dak

We need a run game that can do 2 things:

1. Will be effective even when the defense knows we will run

2. Take the ball out of Daks hands when he gets the yips
not the yips lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is a pretty poor RB draft class. Wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if the first RB off the board is in the 4th round.... partly due to the lower class RBs...and partly due to the sheer number of great players at other positions.

I could see 12 WRs coming off the board b4 the 1st RB does. Maybe more. Historically great WR class.
First back is rated around 40 and the second around 60 from what I've seen, so second round seems more likely.

gimmesix

Reaction score
you know how we are in the 2nd round, I hope we don't reach for someone
Won't be surprised if it's when we try to get our next RB. Maybe Pollard returns for cheap, but you know Dallas isn't going to pay much in free agency for one, so it's likely we'll go into the draft with the position as a top need and some cheap vet having been brought in so that we can say it isn't an absolute need. A couple of "lower-end" options I've seen mentioned are Zach Moss or A.J. Dillon. Both might be in the Joneses' price range, but even those may be out of reach as the front office might be looking to pay more like $1 million or $2 million for a vet.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
First back is rated around 40 and the second around 60 from what I've seen, so second round seems more likely.
That's probably a rating based on talent.

I have no doubt that a rb could be the 40th best player in the draft....but unfortunately for him, an offensive tackle that's the 100th best player is more valuable to team than a RB that's the 40th best....hence he'll get drafted much lower due to positional importance.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Won't be surprised if it's when we try to get our next RB. Maybe Pollard returns for cheap, but you know Dallas isn't going to pay much in free agency for one, so it's likely we'll go into the draft with the position as a top need and some cheap vet having been brought in so that we can say it isn't an absolute need. A couple of "lower-end" options I've seen mentioned are Zach Moss or A.J. Dillon. Both might be in the Joneses' price range, but even those may be out of reach as the front office might be looking to pay more like $1 million or $2 million for a vet.
What RB would we (or any team) feasibly draft in the 2nd round this year?

The Texas kid had a good shot of going that high....until he tore his knee up. Who else would?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
seeing this makes me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uhhh

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What RB would we (or any team) feasibly draft a 2nd round pick this year. The Texas had a good shot of going that high....until he tore his knee up. Who else would?
well if he tore his knee up, he's already a Cowboy! Damn and he went to texas?????? Oh my gosh congrats young man!! lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CLEARLY an OL would be the best RB we get that. With that said, would you like to see a bigger more physical running back, or a back that's smaller in size with more of a potential for homeruns?? What type of RB would work best in our offense?
M thoughts are, if you don't mind. We already have our running back, his name is snake eyes. Deuce.

gimmesix

Reaction score
What RB would we (or any team) feasibly draft in the 2nd round this year?

The Texas kid had a good shot of going that high....until he tore his knee up. Who else would?
Sporting News has Braelon Allen at 63 in its top 100. It also listed the Texas kid (Jonathon Brooks) in the 40s (although others have him in the 60s), but his stock should fall because of the ACL tear. Of course, Brooks is exactly the type of player we would normally draft in the second round ... a player who was having a big-time season but whose stock is down coming off a major injury. I actually see Brooks being drafted by us at some point because his value at some point is going to outweigh his draft position. I'm hoping it's not in the second round, though.