What vehicle do you drive and do you like it?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Great tires.
* I've currently running some kinda kevlar casing-liners from that Goodrich outfit myself:thumbup:

* they ran damn ner' $300+ per,,,not cheap, cuz'I recall way back when, gettin' new skins on all 4 points at Montgomery Wards for like $99,,,(car)

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I consider cars appliances. The last two years I have purchased a couple of Honda CRV's. Reliable, great in the snow, decent gas mileage...nothing more.

My preferred ride is a 2003 HD Road King Police. Love that bike and so happy spring is here!

kskboys

Reaction score
I consider cars appliances. The last two years I have purchased a couple of Honda CRV's. Reliable, great in the snow, decent gas mileage...nothing more.

My preferred ride is a 2003 HD Road King Police. Love that bike and so happy spring is here!
I feel the same way.

Besides, a truck isn't a truck until it's mudded up and got a coupla dents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
:thumbup: I'm hearing ya,Bro! I got 103,000 miles on my 2000 ford 4x4 ( other than tires,batteries& one "in-tank" fuel pump replacement,tho,I've replaced that serpentine belt& top/bottom radiator hoses preemptively awhile back,,, it's been a real un-abused Honey) ,,, can't say the same for my #95 f-150 4x4 (I'd actually yarded stumps outta' the ground with that thing,,,) er,,, & the maintenance is/ was accordingly to it's sometimes less than tender treatmento_O
Yup.
My first Ford truck was a 1987 Ranger 4x4 with 50ish k on it. Second day I owned it I had it buried up to the side trim and it didn't get treated any better going forward.

That little Ranger pulled 3/4 ton duty the rest of its life with me. All in all it held up pretty good and I sold it in running and inspectable condition for a thousand bucks after driving it for eight or nine years.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I feel the same way.

Besides, a truck isn't a truck until it's mudded up and got a coupla dents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao:,man,When I'd first bought that #95 4x4 second hand off the ford dealers lot( it had 40k or less on it,I'm thinking 38k miles on it),,,I hadn't had it two weeks& was off roading out in the desert, up a dry sandy wash till I reached an empass/boulder barrier and it had gotten pretty narrow, & while employing the 2 point 180° reverse "bootlegger turn around, I'd rammed that pristine last of the old school body style F-150's tailgate into a broken off mesquite tree limb of about 4" dia. as it was concealed under the overhanging green foliage,,, it put a dinner plate sized dented "ding" on the right hand side of that tail gate,I owned it with like only 27 more monthly payments remaining,,, (it's the only body damage on it,other than that car door bumper protective glued on molding coming off the drivers door(but, it's a factory short bed version & there is literally zero cab room to stash/secure hi-dollar gear )& after mounting a ridgid bolt to frame brand tow hitch, that kinda' squirrelled up my inclined traversing capabilities ( ya, that sucker would drag& hang up my *** end more than once)

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I'm just kidding with you .. my favorite vehicle color is dark grey.
heh - all good. there's goth in the family somewhere at least in my nephew. :) i was looking for a "black" car when i saw the 300s with the black trim. most hiney-end of cars swoop down and all look the same from a profile. the 300 at least does more of a chop and gives it an edgier look. i just have zero idea why almost every SUV and car look the same these days except for the front and rear ends.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
heh - all good. there's goth in the family somewhere at least in my nephew. :) i was looking for a "black" car when i saw the 300s with the black trim. most hiney-end of cars swoop down and all look the same from a profile. the 300 at least does more of a chop and gives it an edgier look. i just have zero idea why almost every SUV and car look the same these days except for the front and rear ends.
I'd imagine it'd be something along the lines of that : template of aerodynamic's/ ease of manufacturing efficiency doctrine in today's world

*ya know? The reason the U.S. government stuck with the military (.45acp/30-06)cartridges for so long just after the turn of the century (,,,er,,, two of them past ,now.) was simply because that was what the available production tooling was capable of turning out,also the cost of major retooling was deemed prohibitive, along with+ billions of units already being held in war reserve

** though modern C-n-C & 3-D printing production capabilities deem that initial thought obsolete, HuH?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I'd imagine it'd be something along the lines of that : template of aerodynamic's/ ease of manufacturing efficiency doctrine in today's world

*ya know? The reason the U.S. government stuck with the military (.45acp/30-06)cartridges for so long just after the turn of the century (,,,er,,, two of them past ,now.) was simply because that was what the available production tooling was capable of turning out,also the cost of major retooling was deemed prohibitive, along with+ billions of units already being held in war reserve

** though modern C-n-C & 3-D printing production capabilities deem that initial thought obsolete, HuH?
or just lazy design.