What would you do about Roy? Trade him?

Tex

Reaction score
Doomsday;1713326 said:
Roy isnt the problem, Newman, Herny, Jones and Reeves need to step it up if this team is going to have any shot in the post season.

No Roy is a PART of the problem. He had a couple more on Sunday but there have been instanes all season long where he is making mental mistakes that are costing us points. The corners release the receiver to the safety and Roy is no where to be found..... I think we are starting to see Newman have less patience with this as the season goes on also.

Tex

trueblue1687

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1713279 said:
ZONERS:

Do you believe we should trade SS Roy Williams?

I used to love watching him but anymore he just gives me gas....:bang2:

I own a autographed jersey, however, Roy cannot cover or wrap up and tackle and his hard hits......well, they DO NOT knock down the ball carrier like they once did.:star:

What do you think we should HONESTLY do about Roy? :bang2:

Hmmmm. Maybe the autographed jersey is the key to his diminishing play?

Kilyin

Reaction score
Let's trade him for a safety that never gives up a completion or blows an assignment.

Oh wait, those don't exist.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/OfficialChickenLittleThread.gif

Need to add "Roy Sucks .... he lost the game for us" in Chicken Littles silly rant.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the apologists (opposite of whiners?) who keep making excuses for the guy.Any down becomes an obvious passing down when RW is in the game.Blaming an inferior corner on all the problems we have defending a GOOD passing attack ignores the fact that RW is easily exploited.Break down his play against the Pats last week. He didn't have a clue what or where he was supposed to be. He got burned AGAIN this week by not getting deep enough in the end zone and allowing the QB to simply loft the ball over his head to what should have been a double covered receiver.The guy is an overall liablity and a couple big hits a game do not make up for that factHe is not the only problem in pass coverage but he is the biggest.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
TVMan;1713399 said:
:chainsaw:

He is the second on the team in tackles after 6 games. He and Hamlin have two picks each. We are 5-1.

Please unplug your keyboard.

Why so i can watch other good qb's torch this team over and over. How far do you think this team will make it in the playoffs if this team continues to play defense like it has against good QB's.

Having a stretch against crappy offenses and teams and getting lit up on defense by the 2 teams that we played that had a qb is not over reacting since this defense played just like that last year. In fact the we are 5-1 crowd step away from the keyboard reminds me of the ostrich poking his head in the ground. When we get to the playoffs we are not going to be facing the Trent Greens of the NFL

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1713279 said:
ZONERS:

Do you believe we should trade SS Roy Williams?

I used to love watching him but anymore he just gives me gas....:bang2:

I own a autographed jersey, however, Roy cannot cover or wrap up and tackle and his hard hits......well, they DO NOT knock down the ball carrier like they once did.:star:

What do you think we should HONESTLY do about Roy? :bang2:
Honestly, I think we (as a fanbase) should learn more about football and realize that Strong Safety isn't a weakness on this team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hostile;1713444 said:
Honestly, I think we (as a fanbase) should learn more about football and realize that Strong Safety isn't a weakness on this team.

Exactly ........ I knew the Overreaction after the Pats game was gonna be bad .... but come on people.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hostile;1713444 said:

How do you explain RW getting burned every week in the passing game and why should we expect that to change?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
zrinkill;1713452 said:
Exactly ........ I knew the Overreaction after the Pats game was gonna be bad .... but come on people.

FYI,My thoughts on RW go back far before last weeks game.I came into this season giving him another chance with a new coach and a new system.He still makes the same errors most every week.Safeties need to be able to cover in this league.Well, at least safeties on championship teams do.

Zman5

Reaction score
The problem with Roy is he is a victim of his own sucess. He had such a great first two seasons along with all the "next Ronny Lott" talk when he was drafted, if he doens't play like his firt two seasons every season eveybody thinks he sucks.

He is playing ok. I wouldn't consider him to be a top 5 saftey anymore but he sure doesn't suck like eveyone here thinks.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Roy used to be my favorite player. The guy played on another level. But come on, a saftey has to be able to cover from time to time or play zone. I mean really, how hard is it to play zone, it’s like Roy is just lazy and hasn’t tried to improved. I mean in the offseason he had to lose 25 lbs because he gained 25 lbs!! So now we put him in the box so he can horse collar players. We can’t trade him, the team is stuck with him. I think i finally see what most of the NFL sees...an overrated dirty player.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Vtwin;1713453 said:
How do you explain RW getting burned every week in the passing game and why should we expect that to change?

I can explain it ....

You are only seeing what you want to see.

Any safety in the league will get beat by a good wideout one on one.

It happens every game. It happened Sunday to the Pats Safeties.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Vtwin;1713453 said:

go watch some other teams play dude

David

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1713367 said:
I would LOVE for us to trade him.

Just so I can stop hearing people incessantly ***** about him.
~looking for hammer smiley~

Kangaroo;1713374 said:
Actually I like to move Hamlin to the SS spot is better in coverage than Roy and he be a better SS than FS.

So far Roy has done consistently is let people catch the ball then tackle them. he does not make plays on the ball. He is our Adam Archuleta
Well, the flip side of that is he could be getting completely beat like a drum on every throw. At least he's there to make the tackle rather than being caught out of position trailing the guy looking like he's yelling "Hey, wait!"

If he's in coverage, the guy catches the ball, and he makes the tackle and the guy doesn't pick up extra yards, then I'm ok with that. Comparing him to Archuleta who is absolutely the worst SS in the game is a bit of an exaggeration.

It's funny, because it was primarily Nate Jones who was beat repeatedly yesterday, but somehow it's Roy's fault, Welker looked like a HOFer.

The whole secondary should be getting the heat, not just Roy.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I already said early in other post if Nate Jones never sees the field again it will not be soon enough. The Giants are going to torch us again and I have no faith henry is going to be there for us he has been injured for while over 2 years now so who knows when he comes back how long he will even last.

Jones is an issue yes but so is Roy who is suppose to be helping in the over the top coverage which he does a poor job on. he gets Torched by average TE's on a regular basis

Roy is part of the problem does Nate Jones suck yes but he is a 7th round pick that should have been cut. Roy Williams is a starting safety getting paid big bucks to make plays including ones in the passing game. A guy that has starting whiffing on more tackles than he should a guy who has not wrapped up an most his tackles in several years

We made fun of Archuleta yet we try to make excuse for out version of him

superpunk

Reaction score
Vtwin;1713436 said:
Break down his play against the Pats last week.

I assume you've done this.

I will await your report, and a comparative analysis of other strong safeties in the NFL, with great anticipation.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1713467 said:
~looking for hammer smiley~

Well, the flip side of that is he could be getting completely beat like a drum on every throw. At least he's there to make the tackle rather than being caught out of position trailing the guy looking like he's yelling "Hey, wait!"

If he's in coverage, the guy catches the ball, and he makes the tackle and the guy doesn't pick up extra yards, then I'm ok with that. Comparing him to Archuleta who is absolutely the worst SS in the game is a bit of an exaggeration.

It's funny, because it was primarily Nate Jones who was beat repeatedly yesterday, but somehow it's Roy's fault, Welker looked like a HOFer.

The whole secondary should be getting the heat, not just Roy.

tackling a guy 28 yards after he makes the catch is not good not matter how you try to sell it

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;1713457 said:
I would trade him for Ed Reed. :cool:
I wouldn't. I've watched some B-more games and he gets caught out of position just as much as Roy is accused of. But he'll make the exciting play and all is forgiven.

Zman5;1713459 said:
The problem with Roy is he is a victim of his own sucess. He had such a great first two seasons along with all the "next Ronny Lott" talk when he was drafted, if he doens't play like his firt two seasons every season eveybody thinks he sucks.
I agree.

He is playing ok. I wouldn't consider him to be a top 5 saftey anymore but he sure doesn't suck like eveyone here thinks.
Top 5 is relative, just like any ranking list. Who do you put ahead of him at his position? If you go by highlights and media spin, then yeah, I'm sure there are quite a few.