CFZ What Would You Have Done at WR?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nobody was trading a first for Cooper. You got a 5th because that’s what he was worth. He’s not Tyreke Hill or Davante Adams….

Maybe, but he's clearly showing to still be a legit wr. I might also have kept him here for another year, especially since we were likely to lose Wilson. Alternatively, I might have tried to keep Wilson.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe, but he's clearly showing to still be a legit wr. I might also have kept him here for another year, especially since we were likely to lose Wilson. Alternatively, I might have tried to keep Wilson.
Everyone knows he’s legit. He’s still young. It was personal why they traded him. I would’ve traded him and used that money to help the line…..they did nothing with the money.

kskboys

Reaction score
No idea what I would have done. I wasn’t there analyzing draft picks. I wasn’t there analyzing free agents. I wasn’t there because I’m just a fan like the rest of us. I wasn’t there at each and every OTA, Mini camp, training camp practice because I’m just a fan like the rest of us. I wasn’t there during every WR meeting. I wasn’t there during every time Dak had the Wr’s over at his house for throwing sessions. I wasn’t there in the locker room to see how the WR’s get along with everyone else. I wasn’t there because I’m just a no nothing fan like the rest of us. If you pretend to know what you would do, then you’re just pretending.
Well, if you're pretending to know what others know or don't know, then you're just pretending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
If your goal is to win, you keep Cooper. As many others have said, Dallas can easily afford him for a few more years.

I never would have given Gallup that deal. They money simply could be spent better other places, including on Cedric Wilson.

If the goal isn't to win, I don't get restructuring Dak's deal OR bringing back Gallup. If you are setting yourself up for a rebuild, why take on salary?

Dallas' offseason was just stupid. There was no plan or direction. Its impossible to defend it.

As a last note, Dallas' drafting continues to save their *****. Dallas is a great drafting team that does basically every other aspect of team management poorly. If not for guys like Parsons and TS, Dallas would be looking at a 5-12 season.

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
Having Gallup, Lamb, and Washington all starting with Dak more than a game, oh wait not even a game yet..thats the plan and it hasnt yet come together. Its coming No need to worry about what could or would have been done. the Plan was those 3 with Dak.well give it time i see other moves working along the OL. DL, Safety etc etc Maher better then expected, give this time to work,. we literally have as good a WR room when healthy as GB or KC and many others.. go look around. BTW soe of those teams with more weapons at WR are losing because of other weak areas , see Bengals, MN etc etc Teams win not individual star names.

that 3 will then elevate Brown and others who lie players in the past like ced and turner will benefit from being lost in the mix and be open a lot more.thats the plan. good things like 2018 but better because we have an extra game and another WC game spot, we have time and it will be earlier then in 18 to go on arun late.

jaybird

Reaction score
I’ve seen some outlandish reasoning for why the team should have kept the 3 WR’s together. Not sure if we understand how people build rosters but there’s no such thing as paying big deals to 3 WR’s. That just an insane way to allocate your cap funds.

Yes the vaccine and heart/passion issues were thrown around for Coop, but those were more as pros and cons for which WR to keep. The decision to only pay 2 guys moving forward was obvious, they just had to decide who.

The hope is Gallup is a good WR2 at half the cost of Cooper and Lamb steps into the WR1 role and gets the big bucks.

I’m not saying that will happen but the plan wasn’t crazy. Cooper playing well has nothing to do with it, we didn’t trade him due to not being able to play well.

You can’t keep all three once they get off rookie deals and you can’t pay two number 1’s (poor roster management) so you have only two options. A) Cooper and Gallup or B) Lamb and Gallup. Team chose B and it’s not an illogical one. Lamb is younger and was drafted by them. Coop is good but you know his highs. Lamb has the upside to maybe be more so they bet on that.

I know some (most) of us are prisoners of the moment so Coop’s stock is sky high right now while Lamb’s may not be. But by stepping back and looking at the two options outlined in the previous paragraph, what would y’all have done?

I think it was completely logical to bet on Ceedee your first round pick as we know what we have in Cooper.
Good post, the only upsetting factor, is that we didnt get enough out of Coop for surrending a first rd pick

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s not what happened according to this article.

According to reports, the defender was willing to accept less money to stay in Dallas, but after agreeing on a dollar amount, the front office wanted to go back in and add a clause to the contract.

This reeks of Stephen and bailing out on the contract. A contract was agreed but then wanted to add language to it? They didn’t want to sign him IMO.
And many of us breathed a sigh of relief. Paying RG a large amount was definitely not the answer no matter how you slice it. Getting lucky is the only way this franchise ends up w/ good decisions, just like w/ Parsons and Zach Martin etc....

kskboys

Reaction score
It shouldn’t be though. They didn’t get rid of him because he’s a bad player. We know what Coop is. I just don’t think that’s a move you gauge after 2 games. People tried to do it after one. We won’t know if that was the right move until at least the season is over.
If history repeats itself as usual, Cooper is fixing to get some nagging little injuries making him less effective.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If your goal is to win, you keep Cooper. As many others have said, Dallas can easily afford him for a few more years.

I never would have given Gallup that deal. They money simply could be spent better other places, including on Cedric Wilson.

If the goal isn't to win, I don't get restructuring Dak's deal OR bringing back Gallup. If you are setting yourself up for a rebuild, why take on salary?

Dallas' offseason was just stupid. There was no plan or direction. Its impossible to defend it.

As a last note, Dallas' drafting continues to save their *****. Dallas is a great drafting team that does basically every other aspect of team management poorly. If not for guys like Parsons and TS, Dallas would be looking at a 5-12 season.
NO plan??:facepalm::muttley:

NO FA moves are working like Maher, Barr, Fowler, Peters(watch he will help), Turpin etc etc

NONE?
how about not ,make that statement after 2 games,Jeez

the whining little floaters around here aren't watching, we just beat the Bengal's without 6 starters including our B/U qb who most here wanted Gilbert and Greir to win the job or a trade for one..

ironic huh ??:rolleyes:

No plan, yet the plan is working..how about Let Gallup get back, Washington get back, dak with them a few games maybe wait for 12-15 games to be played to claim there was NO PLAN and its not working LMAO. that was said about Safety at one point now look, those are FAs etc that was said about Corner, now a lot better.

let the pan to develop and show itself.. LMAO

The proof will be the season being sully played out then judge.:confused: fans are ridiculous making these wholesale judgments after 2 games with a lot of injuries to key players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And many of us breathed a sigh of relief. Paying RG a large amount was definitely not the answer no matter how you slice it. Getting lucky is the only way this franchise ends up w/ good decisions, just like w/ Parsons and Zach Martin etc....
In fairness to them every organization gets lucky. Getting the best quarterback of all time in the 6th round is nothing but luck lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Oh they had a plan we just didn’t like it but make no mistake what they did was intentional.

GINeric

Reaction score
I wish we would have signed that WR Brown who went to the Eagles.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Everyone knows he’s legit. He’s still young. It was personal why they traded him. I would’ve traded him and used that money to help the line…..they did nothing with the money.

The personal aspect is why we need a GM. If we had to trade him, then yes, fixing the oline would've helped.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The personal aspect is why we need a GM. If we had to trade him, then yes, fixing the oline would've helped.
Well I'll say this. I think it showed balls getting rid of him because you wanted to change the make up of this team. I think they want to get more Micah's in here and less Cooper's. Coop represents the "RKG" era of guys. And there are others here that do as well who probably will be seeing their way out too.

Loso86

Reaction score
I’ve seen some outlandish reasoning for why the team should have kept the 3 WR’s together. Not sure if we understand how people build rosters but there’s no such thing as paying big deals to 3 WR’s. That just an insane way to allocate your cap funds.

Yes the vaccine and heart/passion issues were thrown around for Coop, but those were more as pros and cons for which WR to keep. The decision to only pay 2 guys moving forward was obvious, they just had to decide who.

The hope is Gallup is a good WR2 at half the cost of Cooper and Lamb steps into the WR1 role and gets the big bucks.

I’m not saying that will happen but the plan wasn’t crazy. Cooper playing well has nothing to do with it, we didn’t trade him due to not being able to play well.

You can’t keep all three once they get off rookie deals and you can’t pay two number 1’s (poor roster management) so you have only two options. A) Cooper and Gallup or B) Lamb and Gallup. Team chose B and it’s not an illogical one. Lamb is younger and was drafted by them. Coop is good but you know his highs. Lamb has the upside to maybe be more so they bet on that.

I know some (most) of us are prisoners of the moment so Coop’s stock is sky high right now while Lamb’s may not be. But by stepping back and looking at the two options outlined in the previous paragraph, what would y’all have done?

I think it was completely logical to bet on Ceedee your first round pick as we know what we have in Cooper.
Restructured cooper,, they did it for the money yet STILL haven't used it!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Zeke is cut next year, the team can create 5m in space pre June 1st and around 12m post June 1st per OTC. Didn't factor in Lawrence redoing his deal so my mistake on that.

There's also the thought that if you bring back Cooper, franchise tagging Dalton Schultz at 10m isn't necessary. Point being, money could've been moved around to fit Copper onto this roster which would've allowed for a legitimate Super Bowl run. If they have to make some tough calls next year, to include cutting or trading Cooper, so be it.
There's def truth in that. Cap offers NEAR endless massaging.
And thanks for the intelligent response when so much here is just trolling.
But Dallas let multiple starters go in free agency this year and will again next year. --Rams have been doing same BTW all while adding vet big names.
That 20M to Coop is real money and worth considering as part of team building.
Jerry can't help himself when he speaks but he wasn't 'wrong' about that.

Dallas did NOT get 20M worth out of Coop last year (as good as he is).
And orgs like the Pats and Steelers have often let a guy go a year too early as opposed to being stuck a year too late. \
Dallas never wanted to sign that deal but felt forced when Coop was about to sign in Washington.
They kind of got what they wanted here.
Coop out of the conference and 60M over 3 years back towards the cap.

Realistically, we likely got Kearse, Dorance, Peters and Fowler for the Coop salary slot.