What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL, you gotta be joking here right?
Do you think my life is going to change if Jerry extends Prestrash?
I care ZERO what opinion the Dak lovers here have for me.............ZERO!
That is all for now.....................
P.S. I will be missed more than you would like to know.......................:cool:
:lmao:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Maybe they thought already have the DT on the roster with last years 1st round pick. And bringing back Zeke.

In order to reason with their actions and decisions we have to think outside the box with our dysfunctional leadership.

Maybe they still think they have a good and talented enough team to contend despite choking? I seriously think we have to consider the possibility despite however ridiculous it may seem to us.
There are too many actual football professionals on the team for that to be credible.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
True, there have been much rule changes and glacial shift between the 1960s and today, but good thing there is video tape available to allow the eye test to judge the comparison in performance between any two players.
You're absolutely right, but give players from the 1960s the tools and technology from today and they'd be better players as well.

Sports science plus training and nutrition programs have simply come too far to compare players from different eras, it's just not fair. I mean if you go back to 1960 you may not find a starting Olineman on the Cowboys that weighs over 250lbs. A player that size today better be able to catch or tackle in addition to run a 4.50 40 because that's a modern day TE or LB. You could drop a guy like Gardner Minshew into the 1960s and he would go down as a top QB of all time, especially if we go off the eye test.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This is YOU hoping the above is true.
Wake up it's NOT!!!

Dak is Road-Kill come next offseason!
I sure hope so! Dak has ruined watching the Cowboys for me. My wife wanted me to take her to one of the games and so I'm looking into buying tickets to watch GB and the Eagles in Brazil.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sure hope so! Dak has ruined watching the Cowboys for me. My wife wanted me to take her to one of the games and so I'm looking into buying tickets to watch GB and the Eagles in Brazil.
We laugh (as what else can we do at this point) but the Dakster has divided this fan base to its core.
An extension would be a team suicide at this point.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I have been saying all along that if the Cowboys sign Dak it will happen just prior to the season so I would not be shocked. Below are my reasons:

1) Jerry loves the media talking about Dallas. This gives the media a talking point every time some player signs a new contract the media brings up Dak, Lamb, and Prescott. Jerry is a businessman and the Dallas Cowboys are a business. He's getting free advertising and free publicity. Like he has said before, any time the team's name is brought up it is a good thing even if it is negative.
2) Time value of money. Jerry is rich because he knows how to handle money. If Jerry gets this deal done in August then he will have delayed handing out an $80 million signing bonus for months. That's about $2 million of interest if invested conservatively. However, if he has that money in the S&P 500 or some other riskier portfolio then he may have netted an extra $12 million over that time. He's basically holding money allocated for Dak under his investment portfolio.

Some will say that he is losing money because the contracts keep increasing for QBs but I believe Jerry and Stephen probably already had an idea what these other QBs were going to sign for. These owners all talk to each other about this stuff. Jerry knows Dak's number and knows Dak isn't budging off of it because Dak knows if he doesn't get it from the Cowboys then he will get it from another team next year.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Good question.

My thought is because of the embarrassment in the playoffs Jethro didn’t want to look too eager to resign him . And wanted to wait and see what the Market Price would be with other QB’s contracts this offseason.

Basically playing to the public perception. We’ll see. There’s still a chance he might let him walk. My best hunch is if it doesn’t happen before the season begins , it’s over.
It's already over . But keep clicking those heels

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been saying all along that if the Cowboys sign Dak it will happen just prior to the season so I would not be shocked. Below are my reasons:

1) Jerry loves the media talking about Dallas. This gives the media a talking point every time some player signs a new contract the media brings up Dak, Lamb, and Prescott. Jerry is a businessman and the Dallas Cowboys are a business. He's getting free advertising and free publicity. Like he has said before, any time the team's name is brought up it is a good thing even if it is negative.
2) Time value of money. Jerry is rich because he knows how to handle money. If Jerry gets this deal done in August then he will have delayed handing out an $80 million signing bonus for months. That's about $2 million of interest if invested conservatively. However, if he has that money in the S&P 500 or some other riskier portfolio then he may have netted an extra $12 million over that time. He's basically holding money allocated for Dak under his investment portfolio.

Some will say that he is losing money because the contracts keep increasing for QBs but I believe Jerry and Stephen probably already had an idea what these other QBs were going to sign for. These owners all talk to each other about this stuff. Jerry knows Dak's number and knows Dak isn't budging off of it because Dak knows if he doesn't get it from the Cowboys then he will get it from another team next year.
I agree for the most part but would place smaller emphasis on Jones having any personal net loss as the primary motivation and greater emphasis on any probably negative impact on the team's salary cap. Jones is a multi-billionaire outside any earnings made from the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL. He would seek to recoup any monetary losses but the hit to his wallet is extremely less than outsider perception.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's already over . But keep clicking those heels
Common Jerry give our Dak 60 million.......................pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :muttley:
file-20190219-121729-ew7mqz.jpg

jujoboys

Reaction score
I would be very surprised because it would be foolish of Dak to sign now. The reason franchise QBs almost never even get to their final year is because they have no reason to resign when facing eminent free agency and the biggest bank possible.
  1. The franchise QB is almost always going to have the biggest salary he has ever had in the final year of his contract because they are all backloaded.
  2. Even if the franchise QB wants to stay with his current team, free agency guarantees the biggest offer the team can afford.
Some QBs might sign to avoid the risk of being traded and all that might imply or to avoid being tagged. But when the QB cannot be traded or franchised, he is a foolish homer to not play out that huge final pay for play year and become a free agent and see and show how the market values him.
It's also a gamble if he is offered a great contract this year and doesn't sign. What if he has a terrible year? We have Philly twice, SF, Detroit, Cincy, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Houston, etc on the schedule this year. It may be hard to pump up those stats when they don't have as many cream puffs on the schedule this year. He may go from looking like a $55 million a year QB in the eyes of teams to a $45 million a year QB. I think the potential downside is far greater than the upside. Plus there is always a chance of an injury happening.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's also a gamble if he is offered a great contract this year and doesn't sign. What if he has a terrible year? We have Philly twice, SF, Detroit, Cincy, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Houston, etc on the schedule this year. It may be hard to pump up those stats when they don't have as many cream puffs on the schedule this year. He may go from looking like a $55 million a year QB in the eyes of teams to a $45 million a year QB. I think the potential downside is far greater than the upside. Plus there is always a chance of an injury happening.
These Dakdavidians haven't looked at the schedule and the fact he is playing with a lesser talented team esp the offline and HB.
The Jerry setup is in and by the time the season is over he will be lucky if a team offers him Kirk Cousins $.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
These Dakdavidians haven't looked at the schedule and the fact he is playing with a lesser talented team esp the offline and HB.
The Jerry setup is in and by the time the season is over he will be lucky if a team offers him Kirk Cousins $.
Kirk actually got a good deal, I think 40 mil a year, but it is all guaranteed !

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s what’s going to happen so there will be no surprise. He’s an NFL top 7 QB off his best season and in his prime. If you expect anything different, you’re living in your dream world,,,,,,uninformed.
1 Pro Bowl since 2018

We roll with #Lance

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It is what I expect to happen so my reaction is, why did the Cowboys wait so long to resign him?

It literally has cost them millions of extra dollars by waiting. So dumb. The Cowboys continue to fumble the Dak contract situation since 2019.
$100 million in dead cap.

Before he gets another $