What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never seen a pro sports franchise so comfortable with throwing whole seasons away with All Pros and future HOFers on their roster. The Jones boys’ comfort with playoff failure without making substantive changes at the top is absolutely mind numbing.
krule-john-c-reilly.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My educated guess is that he gets signed before the season starts. Current Jerry likes stability. He's not a risk taker anymore. He has to show me otherwise for me to believe otherwise.

I could be wrong. Dak got his last contract in March. It's well past that point. He may want Dak to prove he's worth the money.
Yes but what would it tell you about our owners sense of current state of the union if he resigns him now?

Does that mean he’s still “All In” on this team , that is good enough to win now?

Wangchung83

Reaction score
It’s what’s going to happen so there will be no surprise. He’s an NFL top 7 QB off his best season and in his prime. If you expect anything different, you’re living in your dream world,,,,,,uninformed.
Only to you, if rockport isn’t related to Sal then he’s Jerry trying to sell false hope

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys are no longer a championship caliber franchise . And haven’t been for years.

But as much as we’d like to rid ourselves of the AT label I’m not sure they can with their unbelievable popularity despite becoming mediocre and visibility ( hate em or love ‘em) which keeps them as the top revenue franchise regardless the results on the field.
It will eventually happen but it won't be until after Jerry passes. Stephen doesn't have the same charisma.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Is that what you’d believe the signing of Dak would mean?

I appreciate someone responding to the the bigger question I’m proposing. Which is what would the signing represent for our current direction and future. Is Jethro still all in with Dak and this team.

And why would fans who believe Dak is gone read the situation all wrong not sensing him being resigned?

Thanks for you’re excellent response!
I believe Jerry is already all in on Dak. I think he’s concerned the media will stop talking about his team and he likes the chatter about the contract. I think fans expecting and wanting him to not extend the contract are in for a wake up call.

I think Jerry’s biggest opponent now is the fans and media and he’s fighting that battle year round. Football is in many ways secondary and I think the offseason is an indicator of that.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
The only thing that would surprise me would be a move by this FO that is proactive.

To let Daks price tag raise all the way up before we resign him is the least shocking of all moves.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
BH, Dandy Don Meredith was nothing like the QB Dak is. During his career, Don Meredith had a 50.7% completion rate, throwing for 17,199 yards and 135 touchdowns, 111 INTs, 135 TDs with a lifetime passer rating of 74.8. Whether regular season or playoffs, Dak is a way better passer and about to break all Cowboys franchise QB passing records.
No let’s get some context to those numbers what % of plays that were designed passing plays dak 80% vs Meredith and all QBs before spread 20%? How many of those yards happened after third quarter in losing games? how many of those teams had leading rushers for first three years of their career with an all pro line?
Guess context doesn’t matter.lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but what would it tell you about our owners sense of current state of the union if he resigns him now?

Does that mean he’s still “All In” on this team , that is good enough to win now?
LOL...........I mean common now down to Earth my man.
Jerry is DONE with this team and come the off-season the goodbye bus for out of Dallas will be filled.
2025 the New Cowboys begin.....

Qcard

Reaction score
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?
It would tell me Dak Haters have always been right :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Again my objective in this thread was to address what fans would think of our owner if he resigns Dak.

Would that mean he’s still all in on Dak and this team?
It would certainly mean he’s all in on Dak. Dak has played well enough to be paid a lot of money by the Cowboys or some other team. Well north of forty million dollars per season, likely north of fifty million. Dak/France know it. Jerry Jones not signing Dak now is the clearest sign he does not have confidence in Dak. Dak has not indicated, publicly, any disappointment over it, but it has to be difficult for him to watch other NFL quarterbacks that have not played as well as he has get rewarded with massive deals. Teams are showing they believe in their quarterback enough to secure their services going forward. The risk Jerry is taking not signing Prescott now is he has great year, and signs with another team for less than the Cowboys offer. France would discourage that, of course, because he only cares about total compensation. It would be a sharp rebuke of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization. It would be certain indication the Cowboys are not a team you want to be associated with if you have an alternative. If Jerry signs Dak Prescott before the season starts I think Jerry Jones is a coward.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have never seen a pro sports franchise so comfortable with throwing whole seasons away with All Pros and future HOFers on their roster. The Jones boys’ comfort with playoff failure without making substantive changes at the top is absolutely mind numbing.
It's actually even worse than that. They are trying desperately and don't know what to do. They are completely lost at this point because their moves haven't worked out.

kskboys

Reaction score
BH, Dandy Don Meredith was nothing like the QB Dak is. During his career, Don Meredith had a 50.7% completion rate, throwing for 17,199 yards and 135 touchdowns, 111 INTs, 135 TDs with a lifetime passer rating of 74.8. Whether regular season or playoffs, Dak is a way better passer and about to break all Cowboys franchise QB passing records.
Yes, he was much better than Dak, they are not close to the same level.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that what you’d believe the signing of Dak would mean?

I appreciate someone responding to the the bigger question I’m proposing. Which is what would the signing represent for our current direction and future. Is Jethro still all in with Dak and this team.

And why would fans who believe Dak is gone read the situation all wrong not sensing him being resigned?

Thanks for you’re excellent response!
Actually, my response to the OP question in this thread was this…

In answer to the OP question what would my reaction be to signing Dak? I guess it would be “meh”. Because if they sign him it will be for way more cash than if they had acted sooner, and they have not built a good enough roster around him to make a difference.

Seriously, if I was Dak and really wanted a ring, I would not sign here again for any amount. Dak is like what Dandy Don was decades ago - he played poorly in the playoffs after playing well in the regular season. And the fans turned on him. Meredith was never the same. When the fans turn on a QB - deserved or not- it’s almost impossible to recover from that. Dak deserves his share of the blame…just not 100% which many fans lay at his feet.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was not comparing Dandy to Dak in a statistical way. I was comparing them regarding their playoff performances and the fan base turning on them. There are great similarities there.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

I would feel like it is more status quo. It’s not like it should surprise fans. The team has made it abundantly clear that postseason success is second priority to marketing/sales-the deal would just etch that stance further into granite. Not extending him prior to the season would shock me.

Flamma

Reaction score

No. He clearly said what he was all in on. Signing certain players on his team. He's clearly not trying to win a SB. We can see that from the off seasons going back to 2016. He just wants a playoff team. He couldn't care less about winning a SB.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Finally, now let's focus on the upcoming season.

CeeDee you're on deck.

leeblair

Reaction score
The Cowboys are no longer a championship caliber franchise . And haven’t been for years.

But as much as we’d like to rid ourselves of the AT label I’m not sure they can with their unbelievable popularity despite becoming mediocre and visibility ( hate em or love ‘em) which keeps them as the top revenue franchise regardless the results on the field.
I'm not sure the Cowboys are still as popular as before.
I think Jerry is in for a shock, and there's nothing he will be able to do to fix it.
I really think that watching Dak choke last season in the playoffs once again has ended the Cowboys popularity.
I know that I don't really care what happens to them anymore because Jerry shoved Garrett down our throats for 13 years and now Dak for 7, not caring what the fans thought.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score

I've already jumped ship! I'm rooting against the Cowboys until Prescott is gone.
Even though Parsons and Lamb are some of my favorite players along with Josh Allen and Trevor Lawrence.