Whataburger

nobody

Reaction score
OK, what's up? Where'd the Like button go? I wanted to like Sam's post above and went to do so and mystery of mysteries, it's not there. Someone in power here got a problem with Whataburger?

Interesting. Perhaps a competitor of Whataburger hacked the site to remove likes from this thread.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some threads but not all. I have no idea what the parameters of it are.
Me neither, the only one I knew that had no Like button was the I Like Beer thread and they used a Like just showing up in it.

I never used Likes before I got here because on the old site they were limited and I could never find out the daily allotment. What if I Liked a post in the morning, ran out and then a post I liked as well showed up the afternoon? I'd be posting Out of Likes but I like this and it's easier to click on the button. So I just responded to posts.

Sooooo, let me just say here that of all the FF burgers, and there are some mentioned here that do not qualify like Five Guys, Twisted Root. etc, I Like Whataburger the best but BK runs a close 2nd with their Mustard Whopper and that insures you that you don't get one that's been laying around.

The rule is, when available, never order any FF as is, customize it. Make them make it right then and there and don't get Heat Lamp Herpes.

nobody

Reaction score
Me neither, the only one I knew that had no Like button was the I Like Beer thread and they used a Like just showing up in it.

I never used Likes before I got here because on the old site they were limited and I could never find out the daily allotment. What if I Liked a post in the morning, ran out and then a post I liked as well showed up the afternoon? I'd be posting Out of Likes but I like this and it's easier to click on the button. So I just responded to posts.

Sooooo, let me just say here that of all the FF burgers, and there are some mentioned here that do not qualify like Five Guys, Twisted Root. etc, I Like Whataburger the best but BK runs a close 2nd with their Mustard Whopper and that insures you that you don't get one that's been laying around.

The rule is, when available, never order any FF as is, customize it. Make them make it right then and there and don't get Heat Lamp Herpes.

LOL, I always custom order. And it has to have mustard. I love BK burgers because I like that flame broiled taste.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, I always custom order. And it has to have mustard. I love BK burgers because I like that flame broiled taste.
Yep, get a little crusty and a tad more salty. But I like the stuff that Whataburger puts on theirs better.

One thing I never got, Wendy's round buns and square burgers. Why not have square buns like big sliders? I don't like their burgers because I get to taste just the meat too easily, got to hide that most of the time with stuff. But their Spicy Chicken sammich is the best one.

nobody

Reaction score
Yep, get a little crusty and a tad more salty. But I like the stuff that Whataburger puts on theirs better.

One thing I never got, Wendy's round buns and square burgers. Why not have square buns like big sliders? I don't like their burgers because I get to taste just the meat too easily, got to hide that most of the time with stuff. But their Spicy Chicken sammich is the best one.

I can't stand Wendy's. There was a time years ago when they had some quality to them, but those years are long gone.

Wherever you choose, they had better clean that grill regularly or the taste quality spirals downward.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't stand Wendy's. There was a time years ago when they had some quality to them, but those years are long gone.

Wherever you choose, they had better clean that grill regularly or the taste quality spirals downward.
Don't have one where I live now, went under for cleanliness reasons.

I am not a big FF guy anyway, I'd rather make my own burgers and if I am doing the FF thing, I prefer to do a Potbelly, Which Which or Schlotzky's. Or a food truck.

If any of y'all are ever headed down 281 through Marble Falls, there is a food truck called the Silver Spartan, owned by this really nice older couple, that makes as good a Philly Cheesesteak or Gyro as you'll ever have. I'd put their Gyro up against any I ever had in Greektown in CHI. But do not get it to go and eat in your vehicle unless you have one of those you can open the doors and hose it out. Messy but well worth it. Damn, my mouth is watering as I write this, more than usual. I've been known to drool on my tinnypumps when typing but this is food driven. Silver Spartan, prepare thyself for the hunger of CC to descend upon you in my splendid gluttonous glory. 10 napkin alert issued!

tx78613

Reaction score
Whataburgers, In-n-Out, Five Guys I can't hate any of em.
I just don't get a chance to have it as often as I did in my younger days.

I like Jake's and Twisted Root in the DFW area.

I'm with you on Whataburger, In-n-Out, and Five Guys. I've been to Jake's in DFW--great burger!

In Austin it's Hopdoddy's and P. Terry's (both homegrown burger joints).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm with you on Whataburger, In-n-Out, and Five Guys. I've been to Jake's in DFW--great burger!

In Austin it's Hopdoddy's and P. Terry's (both homegrown burger joints).
Mighty Fine's not too shabby.

nobody

Reaction score
Don't have one where I live now, went under for cleanliness reasons.

I am not a big FF guy anyway, I'd rather make my own burgers and if I am doing the FF thing, I prefer to do a Potbelly, Which Which or Schlotzky's. Or a food truck.

If any of y'all are ever headed down 281 through Marble Falls, there is a food truck called the Silver Spartan, owned by this really nice older couple, that makes as good a Philly Cheesesteak or Gyro as you'll ever have. I'd put their Gyro up against any I ever had in Greektown in CHI. But do not get it to go and eat in your vehicle unless you have one of those you can open the doors and hose it out. Messy but well worth it. Damn, my mouth is watering as I write this, more than usual. I've been known to drool on my tinnypumps when typing but this is food driven. Silver Spartan, prepare thyself for the hunger of CC to descend upon you in my splendid gluttonous glory. 10 napkin alert issued!

I have a place just two miles from my house that has absolutely incredible Philly Cheesesteaks and amazing Italian beef sandwiches. I have introduced the place to about 15 people and it has since become everyone one of those people's first or second favorite place to eat.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a place just two miles from my house that has absolutely incredible Philly Cheesesteaks and amazing Italian beef sandwiches. I have introduced the place to about 15 people and it has since become everyone one of those people's first or second favorite place to eat.
Love places like that. Do a limited amount of offerings but do them extremely well.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Almost every time I travel to Texas, I rent a vehicle and apparently each of the new rental vehicles have WB seek sensors installed. Because there are times I just simply find myself at the Whataburger drive through, and really not sure how I got there. But since I am already there, well, you know the rest of the story.
Its not that they have the greatest quality ever, but I grew up in Texas and WB is a familiar taste. Also, there use to be a fast food Chicken joint over by Como (Fort Worth area), I think it was right off camp bowie, same thing, loved that place.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
The best ff burger I've had was from Burger Street, a small Dallas chain and they were doing the hand made patties and incredible buns before In-And-Out or Five Guys showed up. Also used leaf lettuce on the burgers. Only downside is they do seasoned fries, this is wrong. FF do not need that, the potato cut just right, double fried with sea salt is perfection. Seasoned fries is messing with nature.
"Your ever find that bonus fry when your getting ready to throw away the sack", yea baby. Nothing like it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Your ever find that bonus fry when your getting ready to throw away the sack", yea baby. Nothing like it.
Oh yeah, done that. Even the next day.

Eating and driving is an artform but there are certain foods that do not lend themselves well to this multitasking event. I picked up some tacos from Bell one night after a poker game and was somewhat not entirely sober and starving. This was at least 25 years ago and I never get behind the wheel with even one drink now. But I was ravenous, grabbed one taco after the other, chowing down with the gusto of that being my last meal. When I got home, I turned off the engine, opened the door and the interior light came on and I had a salad bar on my chest and stomach.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Oh yeah, done that. Even the next day.

Eating and driving is an artform but there are certain foods that do not lend themselves well to this multitasking event. I picked up some tacos from Bell one night after a poker game and was somewhat not entirely sober and starving. This was at least 25 years ago and I never get behind the wheel with even one drink now. But I was ravenous, grabbed one taco after the other, chowing down with the gusto of that being my last meal. When I got home, I turned off the engine, opened the door and the interior light came on and I had a salad bar on my chest and stomach.
Tacos after midnight magically turn into filet de boeuf. Did you finish the salad bar or were you past the point of no return.