Whataburger

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Was down in the Phoenix, AZ area this last weekend and I finally ate at a Whataburger for my first time. Damn. I was impressed. Dare I say it could edge out an In-N-Out Burger?? Both are great hamburgers but I can say I liked Whataburgers fries better.

Needless to say, I was fat and happy all weekend with all my choices. :D

What's the cost for a Whataburger?
In and out Burger?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best ff burger I've had was from Burger Street, a small Dallas chain and they were doing the hand made patties and incredible buns before In-And-Out or Five Guys showed up. Also used leaf lettuce on the burgers. Only downside is they do seasoned fries, this is wrong. FF do not need that, the potato cut just right, double fried with sea salt is perfection. Seasoned fries is messing with nature.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Boys, I'm sorry to report it was sushi tonight. These damned sales reps are killing me. I will persevere, though. Evidently there are two airports.im Houston and I flew into the wrong one. That means my 6am flight on Friday will force me to leave very early in the AM. Perhaps no sleep on Thursday which means ample opportunity for late night burgers.

If all else fails, they make a solid honey butter chicken biscuit for breakfast.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The best ff burger I've had was from Burger Street, a small Dallas chain and they were doing the hand made patties and incredible buns before In-And-Out or Five Guys showed up. Also used leaf lettuce on the burgers. Only downside is they do seasoned fries, this is wrong. FF do not need that, the potato cut just right, double fried with sea salt is perfection. Seasoned fries is messing with nature.

I remember Burger Street. There are several here in the NYC metro area now too. If I remember correctly, the create of Taco Bueno sold Bueno and then opened Burger Street. Or something like that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Next time I visit Texas. There are some good burger places in Omaha. Ever heard of Smash Burger? I'm not sure if that's only here or if they're around the country.
Smashburger is a national chain. They have them in Texas and here in the NY metro area. I love their cajun fries.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Smashburger is a national chain. They have them in Texas and here in the NY metro area. I love their cajun fries.

I have one at home and I tried it for the first time recently. I was very disappointed at the size of the burger for the price.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next time I visit Texas. There are some good burger places in Omaha. Ever heard of Smash Burger? I'm not sure if that's only here or if they're around the country.
They have some in Dallas as well as Mooya, a local chain and a good burger and fries.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
If I'm being honest with myself, I enjoyed them better than In-N-Out as well. It was a damn solid burger.
I agree,I think it’s just a better burger. Really wish I had Whattaburger as an alternative to throw in my burger rotation. I’m pretty spoiled with options,so I can’t complain too much,but every time that name “Whattabuger” is brought up I just crave it more. Like if I had the means? I take a plane to Texas right now,just to get one and turn around.

nobody

Reaction score
For a good burger, I like Chapps Burgers. But I still eat at Whataburger often cause I love their burgers too.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When I first took my son to Texas and he got to try Whataburger. (he was like 9 at the time) He brought the fries carton home to NY and pinned it to his wall. lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, what's up? Where'd the Like button go? I wanted to like Sam's post above and went to do so and mystery of mysteries, it's not there. Someone in power here got a problem with Whataburger?