Whats it going to take for Rod to get fired?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to adjust what they are telling our front 7 to do. Were not able to execute it the way its drawn on the board.

That's the issue for me. I don;t think any players are able to do what they're being tasked with. But for many, they're precisely the ones getting the blame.

"Just play better!" and that sort of nonsense.

quickccc

Reaction score
I thought that's what this past offseason was for? After the Rams knew everything that was coming and took 'Ol Rod and his 'Rushmen' to the woodshed? Instead, we just get more of the same.

I do not expect any such changes during the season, but more suffering through and wasting this year. Thinking "we'll get'em next time" and that never happening.

Unjustifiably so.

but they apparently didn't think the issue was with Rod, ..but more with player personnel.
with the draft addition of rookie Trysten Hill and the trade acquisition of DE Quinn along with bargain vet FA signees Chris Covington and Kerry Hyder, the club was satisfied with
what was coming in and what was currently already here.

I'm already preparing myself for Rod to continue to remain here as DL coach, and the club more point the finger at player personnel issues (ala Taco) than Rod himself.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but they apparently didn't think the issue was with Rod, ..but more with player personnel.
with the draft addition of rookie Trysten Hill and the trade acquisition of DE Quinn along with bargain vet FA signees Chris Covington and Kerry Hyder, the club was satisfied with

And we can all clearly see who was right and who was wrong about it, can't we?

I'm already preparing myself for Rod to continue to remain here as DL coach, and the club more point the finger at player personnel issues (ala Taco) than Rod himself.

If so, then I'm "preparing myself" to find a different hobby!
:laugh:

Verdict

Reaction score

I’m not upset with the guys we have on defense. Overall they are a talented group. Maybe the best total group we have assembled in many years.

We are just literally missing one piece. A pocket collapsing, double team eating, run stuffing DT.

Tank is paid too damn much but he is at least a “good” player.

Batman1980

Reaction score
So do our opponents. While they run, over, around, and through them.

giphy.gif

DuncanIso

Reaction score
yeh I recalled Marinelli getting steamed at a reporter's interview, (at the end of the disasterous Rams playoff game and that record setting rushing outing) who seem to be questioning
on Rod considering retirement.

That will be so interesting to see if the organization that seems to think so very highly of Marinelli ( per several interviews and press conferences) that they could finally considering
replacing him in an effort to change what we do on defense. And that follows the once highly regarded Monte Kiffin and his Tampa 2 scheme,
and we've made changes to secondary (Joe Baker) as we promptly did with Linehan and his OL preferred coach Paul Alexander.

So could the club take a similar route with Marinelli, who the club seems more inclined and committed to than the former departed coaches ?

and yes, I can more see the club privately asking Rod to step down and away as DL coach instead of officially " firing" him right out.
But I think that will only happen if the run defense continues to collapse and a lead reason why this team flops in playoffs again, along with
complaints from his players behind the scenes. Ironically there was reportedly a privately mutiny gathering towards Marinelli in his last year
as DC as they griped about his scheme being too easy for teams to predict and adjust to.

Good post!!

I think KRichard has a chance at the DC job.

If you’ve ever had a chance to watch him at a practice, you will see why the players listen to him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

The need a new full time DL coach. Maybe Lett?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Good post!!

I think KRichard has a chance at the DC job.

If you’ve ever had a chance to watch him at a practice, you will see why the players listen to him.

That's great! If you ever watch him during an actual game, you notice that he calls the defense... lol/smh
Kris "BBDB" Richard.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That's great! If you ever watch him during an actual game, you notice that he calls the defense... lol/smh
Kris "BBDB" Richard.

dont remember the Legion of Boom being a BBDB defense.

Its almost like Marinelli is still the DC in Dallas.....

RoboQB

Reaction score
dont remember the Legion of Boom being a BBDB defense.

Its almost like Marinelli is still the DC in Dallas.....

I don't remember seeing Rod's hand up Richard's rear end making him call the
defense every single game this year.

Look, I get it. It's not Richard's defense. That doesn't trump the fact that he's calling it.
Watch the game and see for yourself.

morat1959

Reaction score
The better question would be, why does Jones like old, recycled, used up DC's. Let's get a young guy in here full of piss and vinegar to fire these paycheck collectors up. If that's not Richard, then bye. We're on the way to 30 years here guys. That's just fricken embarrassing for this once proud franchise...
Preach on brotha!

Last edited: