Whats it going to take for Rod to get fired?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BEN BLOOM is a very good coach and should be made DC. Several things caught my eye Sunday. ONE, we were badly outcoached on defense especially. WE GOT OUTSCHEMED. Packers had a wonderful,yet simple game plan. Run at our weakness,which is our soft interior. THEY DID THAT. Secondly, we looked slow,unprepared on both sides. THAT IS COACHING. Garrett should be fired. Marinelli...FIRED. Our wideouts looked like they weren't sure where to go,which caused at least 1 int by Dak. Gallup should be our number 1 go to guy..its obvious...dude is a beast. Cooper is a complimentary stud opposite Gallup. Dak is fine...but he MUST have help. The oline was terrible..just bad. Penalties over and over from the oline. THATS NO TEAM DISCIPLINE. SEE THE THEME? Same old culture as last year...we beat ourselves and allow the refs to finish us off. The scheme we run on the dline isn't working.
There were 3 inside runs over 5 yards...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing Rod's hand up Richard's rear end making him call the
defense every single game this year.

Look, I get it. It's not Richard's defense. That doesn't trump the fact that he's calling it.
Watch the game and see for yourself.

KR calls what Marinelli tells him to call.

Otherwise, we'd see Legion Of Boom Dallas version.

RoboQB

Reaction score
KR calls what Marinelli tells him to call.

Otherwise, we'd see Legion Of Boom Dallas version.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, Duncan... lol

Now you're saying Rod tells him what to call!?!
Say that out loud. Hopefully, you'll realize how dumb that is.

So, you think Rod whispers into Richard's ear a play call and Richard,
the guy that you admire, runs up and down the sideline pretending to be in charge.

Duncan, your illness may be terminal... lol/smh

Retorical question for you:
How's that Atlanta version of L.O.B. look to you?
Last I heard, Will Fuller just scored again on Dan Quinn's Falcons.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
If Rod is not calling the defense? Why is he there? Jerry must love to pay people for doing nothing. Sign me up. I mean from Garrett who doesn't do anything to Rod. Wow...Must be nice to be Jerry...Givin away millions to coachess for doing nothing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rod will "be forced" to walk away on his own. Sooner the better. if I ever see 3 DL on a passing down I'll fly down to Big D so I can kick him in the nuts myself.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Rod will "be forced" to walk away on his own. Sooner the better. if I ever see 3 DL on a passing down I'll fly down to Big D so I can kick him in the nuts myself.

Rod should have been "retired" after the Rams disaster in the playoffs.

Maybe promote him like they did Monte after the 2013 defensive disaster? [The worst defense in Cowboys history, going back to the founding. BTW, Marinelli was in on that deal.]

In any case, we have KRichard waiting to take over.

Think Legion of Boom, Dallas version.

As soon as they cut the comm link between Marinelli and KR on game day. Let KR run the defense full time. As the DC.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, Duncan... lol

Now you're saying Rod tells him what to call!?!
Say that out loud. Hopefully, you'll realize how dumb that is.

So, you think Rod whispers into Richard's ear a play call and Richard,
the guy that you admire, runs up and down the sideline pretending to be in charge.

Duncan, your illness may be terminal... lol/smh

Retorical question for you:
How's that Atlanta version of L.O.B. look to you?
Last I heard, Will Fuller just scored again on Dan Quinn's Falcons.

How's the basement at mom's house?

"Kris Richard is an American football coach and former player. Richard was instrumental to the formation of the Legion of Boom defensive secondary. He helped coach and develop players such as Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Brandon Browner, Byron Maxwell and for his rookie season only, Shaquill Griffin."

RoboQB

Reaction score
How's the basement at mom's house?

"Kris Richard is an American football coach and former player. Richard was instrumental to the formation of the Legion of Boom defensive secondary. He helped coach and develop players such as Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Brandon Browner, Byron Maxwell and for his rookie season only, Shaquill Griffin."

The basement at your mom's house is great.
Thanks for asking.

If you think quoting Wikipedia wins your argument, well, I now understand
why she's so disappointed in you.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The basement at your mom's house is great.
Thanks for asking.

If you think quoting Wikipedia wins your argument, well, I now understand
why she's so disappointed in you.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Again, for everyone in the back.
Rod does not call the defense!
He's DC in title only.
Kris Richard calls the defense on game day.
This defense has assignments to each player which is assigned by Maranelli according to Stephen Jones.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas is employing an oddball setup, whereby Marinelli still has the title of DC. Despite that, Marinelli has turned over the defensive play calling over to Kris Richard. That includes the entire defense on game day and Marinelli says he's fine with that. Supposedly, Marinelli has control of the defensive line during the week in practice, even though Kris Richard calls the defensive play calls for the entire defense. A bit confusing, isn't it? I think so, too! Richard's official title at present is "passing game coordinator."

Anyhow, Rod has turned over the play calling to Kris Richard by way of his agreement to do so. To me, it's obvious that Richard is being phased in as the DC, even though Marinelli gets to retain the title until such time as he retires. It's truly an oddball setup that allows Richard to gradually assume the duties of a true DC, while Marinelli sits in the background as the coordinator of the DL during the week in practice. As odd as this may sound, that's what's happening currently in Frisco. Call it on-the-job training for Kris Richard to take full control, if it suits you. Granted, it's a bit "different." ;)

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If Rod is not calling the defense? Why is he there? Jerry must love to pay people for doing nothing. Sign me up. I mean from Garrett who doesn't do anything to Rod. Wow...Must be nice to be Jerry...Givin away millions to coachess for doing nothing.
I’ve asked that question several times with no real answer. Only one person said Rod is here for the dline......which has been the worst unit on the defense lol