CFZ What's your plan to upgrade our WR room?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think your WR addition is going to be OBJ.

Only reason the Cowboys didnt sign him was because he was not ready to play in the playoffs.

Lamb, OBJ, Gallup...............that is your top 3 WRs for 2023 if I was putting money on it.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
-Lamb has earned himself an extension and he should be getting one in the near future.
-Gallup has an out in his contract after next season, came back too early and was a shell of his former self.
-Brown was a miscast as a starting receiver and probably price himself off the roster now.
-Hilton most likely won't return and go back to being retired.
-Tolbert/Semi-haven't produced much at all since they were drafted.

Needs

-Team needs a legitimate #2 receiver opposite Lamb.
-Depth has to improve as our backup receivers gave the team virtually nothing.

Free Agency/Draft

-Very weak free agent class, wr's in the draft are reportedly deep, but lack any elite prospects
-Trade Market-Hopkins (will cost a high pick and we have to resign him), Cooks (Huge contract), Jeudy (High draft pick, have his option next yr)

Beckham is probably the best fa WR available, Cooks/Juedy will cost a day 2 pick. Can use 26 to land a starting wr, but they will need some development.

My plan would be signing Beckham and a player like Randall Cobb, who shouldn't cost much now.
I’m drafting a left guard early

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
-Lamb has earned himself an extension and he should be getting one in the near future.
-Gallup has an out in his contract after next season, came back too early and was a shell of his former self.
-Brown was a miscast as a starting receiver and probably price himself off the roster now.

Needs

Free Agency/Draft

-Very weak free agent class, wr's in the draft are reportedly deep, but lack any elite prospects
-Trade Market-Hopkins (will cost a high pick and we have to resign him), Cooks (Huge contract), Jeudy (High draft pick, have his option next yr)

Beckham is probably the best fa WR available, Cooks/Juedy will cost a day 2 pick. Can use 26 to land a starting wr, but they will need some development.

My plan would be signing Beckham and a player like Randall Cobb, who shouldn't cost much now.
Trade a 2nd round pick for Cooper? :omg:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Draft.

We need some youth at WR and RB. Particularly some speed.
Takes 3 years for a WR to develop unless He is a Stud or has a great QB . . . If the WR help is expected for next year . . With the weak WR Free agents all we can do is pray

Carson

Reaction score
I’m drafting a left guard early
O'Cyrus Torrence would be plug and play at LG.

But he weary of these later round guys. Last year we thought we’d have our choice of Zion Johnson, Kenyon Green etc and they all went before us.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I’m thinking of you pay a big price for a WR you’re likely going to have to choose between that player and Lamb before all that long.

For example, Jeudys deal will be up at the same time as Lambs….can they really pay both? If not, can you afford to send multiple picks for a WR when you’re going to ignore FA otherwise?

I want them to be a run based team by a longshot, so maybe the lack of WR availability is a blessing and they go that route.

The Tolbert pick was just a killer, but hopefully that serves as proof that counting on the draft only doesn’t work.

We have to sit and hope our front office learns from their mistakes after 30 years. That’s why I have to come here and vent. Its pretty sad in fact.
That’s true about having to pick between Lamb and a potential high profile acquisition, like Jeudy.

That said, pull the trigger and figure it out later.

I’m sick of this purgatory of being good but not good enough. Make the move to help us get there.

We need to rebuild soon anyway. All-in right now

Acceptablename

Reaction score

But he weary of these later round guys. Last year we thought we’d have our choice of Zion Johnson, Kenyon Green etc and they all went before us.
Yeah I think that’ll be the case where we’re located 26. The second round has three good players good guards.We also have to settle the running game. Torrance would be great if he’s there

fivetwos

Reaction score
That’s true about having to pick between Lamb and a potential high profile acquisition, like Jeudy.

That said, pull the trigger and figure it out later.

I’m sick of this purgatory of being good but not good enough. Make the move to help us get there.

We need to rebuild soon anyway. All-in right now
I agree, but I don’t think the kid will risk going back to the 2000-2002 years, or being even more exposed for the frauds they are when it fails, or committing to all the cash it will take. He runs the show, not Jerry, or we probably wouldn’t have been so conservative at age 80.

I’d guess that Jerry gets to SAY he has the final say but no longer does.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
After looking more into the WR group in the draft this year, I think there’s some guys early on who can help Dak, are good in short and intermediate routes and YAC. QJ, Josh Downs, Rashee Rice, Zay Flowers, Parker Washington. So taking one of those guys early on would be good. There are also good receiving TEs, Mayer, Kincaid, Kraft, Musgrave, LaPorta. My pet cat is Darnell Washington because he’d be a huge plus for our running game and he’s a better receiver than how he was showcased at Georgia. I’m all for the first 3 picks going towards helping Dak and the offense: WR, TE, RB.

You can also bring Noah Brown back for 1 year at $1.5-2M. He’s fine as your 3rd or 4th option.

cnuball21

Reaction score
1. Trade for Hops / Cooks / Juedy. Sign OBJ / Hardman as backup plan.

2. Draft a WR in rounds 1-3. Love some of these smaller dudes that can fly and are quick, easy seperators. Let’s say Dell in the 2nd.

WR1: Lamb
WR2: Cooks
WR3: Dell
WR4: MG / Tolbert

It’s actually pretty simple and doable if the Jones’ had a clue. However I’m not overly confident they actually attach the weakness at WR like they should.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Needs

Free Agency/Draft

What the team needs is a true #1 WR on the outside who can get deep and stretch the defense. CD is a slot WR who happens to be the best WR on the team.

This is a weak draft. We aren't going to find a dominant WR. So, trading the 26th pick for a guy like Moore in Carolina makes sense.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What the team needs is a true #1 WR on the outside who can get deep and stretch the defense. CD is a slot WR who happens to be the best WR on the team.

This is a weak draft. We aren't going to find a dominant WR. So, trading the 26th pick for a guy like Moore in Carolina makes sense.
Yes. They should target a corner or wr trade with our first rounder, IMO.

Not building for the future right now.

This is it

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think your WR addition is going to be OBJ.

Only reason the Cowboys didnt sign him was because he was not ready to play in the playoffs.

Lamb, OBJ, Gallup...............that is your top 3 WRs for 2023 if I was putting money on it.
Hope not. The last thing we need is that idiot in the locker room.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score

He would be great for our offense as well. Hopefully we can create enough cap room to sign someone like Dalton Risner (DEN) in FA. Would also like to solidify the DL with a DT like Greg Gaines (LAR). We could do that if we don’t re-sign Pollard, Wilson, and Schultz and restructure Dak, Zack, Tyron, and maybe Demarcus.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Would draft one and try to sign a reasonable free agent to a reasonable deal. Will be interested in Hardman Lazard Chark Meyers Slayton. Maybe even Landry. Wait to see who ends up the most desperate.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am definitely looking at WRs in the draft. Save the free agent money for DL. We have CeeDee. I think Gallup will come back next year closer to what he was in 2021. We need someone with exceptional speed to stretch the field. The offense in general needs to get faster.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Teams aren't going to trade their best receivers cause we need one. Perhaps a team not looking to hand out an extension or needing picks would be the best scenarios.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams aren't going to trade their best receivers cause we need one. Perhaps a team not looking to hand out an extension or needing picks would be the best scenarios.
Carolina doesn't have a QB. Why would they want to pay a #1 WR? He probably wants to leave.