When Dak sucks this year, don't blame him

kskboys

Reaction score
It's receiving corp not core. Your lack of education is going to cause your mouth to write a check youe butt can't cash in this conversation.

Wrong again bucko. Dak is good... Offensive Player of the Year good his rookie year. He had a good first half of the season last year too. It wasn't until he lost Tyron Smith guarding his blind side and Zeke to hand the ball to that his performance started to fall short. We are talking about a couple months of football.

Maybe you haven't heard... Dez and Witten are gone. No need to be kicking those two around anymore. T Will has had a ton of great plays that says you are wrong about him... the problem with that is those plays were with Romo at QB so maybe you are right with Dak As QB, they don't have the same chemistry with their connection rate. Without Dez and Witten as targets, the ball has got to be going to someone more. Let's wait to see what we have now before bashing them.
Psssst....it's "corps", not "corp"!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
And how you're totally wrong, stupid, don't understand simple math or don't know anything about football :laugh:
That's one of the statements made when someone has lost an argument!!!!! "You don't know anything about football", or "You don't watch the games", or "The scouts are always wrong". Maybe "Because I watched him."

DFWJC

Reaction score
If a team sucks, I agree that it's never fair to blame a single player.
If an actual player sucks, regardless of who he is.....well, of course you can blame him for his own play. That's a one to one correlation.

kskboys

Reaction score
If a team sucks, I agree that it's never fair to blame a single player.
If an actual player sucks, regardless of who he is.....well, of course you can blame him for his own play. That's a one to one correlation.
Not really. Because it's not fair to blame a player who "sucks" w/o looking at the underlying causes. Romo just went through years where he "sucked" because our OL was horrific and/or the D was horrific.

Ware was blamed for not making enough plays in the 4th. The blamers weren't intelligent enough to understand that he was playing too many snaps and the staff had done a poor job of both surrounding him w/ talent and playing players at their best postions.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not really. Because it's not fair to blame a player who "sucks" w/o looking at the underlying causes. Romo just went through years where he "sucked" because our OL was horrific and/or the D was horrific.

Ware was blamed for not making enough plays in the 4th. The blamers weren't intelligent enough to understand that he was playing too many snaps and the staff had done a poor job of both surrounding him w/ talent and playing players at their best postions.
Of course.
I wouldn't say a player sucks without looking at the underlying causes. That goes without saying

Here's a wired example.
Say a dozen drivers enter a race ..same distance and track, but different cars, pit crews etc.

If Racer A is driving a 250 horsepower car (one of the very worst in the field) with bad fuel, bad tires and a slow pit crew....his 5th place finish might be WAY more impressive than the winner (Racer B) who had a 2500 horsepower car, an elite pit crew, new tires, and the best fuel.

Driver A might've had to take some real risks that could make him look bad at times to scratch and claw to that 5th place finish, but if he didn't, and just drove like the pack, he would have ended up in last place.

Luckily, Dallas has a rising defense and one of the very best "cars" in a dominant oline and running back. A dream for almost any QB--regardless of WR group.

Last edited:

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Yawn ......... another Jan sign up from that other forum.

What's your point? We were welcomed here and, for the most part, have been quality and valuable contributors. If you have a problem with us coming here, I suggest you get the hell over it or leave. Those are your options.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What's your point? We were welcomed here and, for the most part, have been quality and valuable contributors. If you have a problem with us coming here, I suggest you get the hell over it or leave. Those are your options.
Just curious who you are talking to?

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Or I could just tell you to follow your own advice or pee off.

You're the one with the attitude problem. Because we "signed up in january from that other forum," you think you can just denigrate our opinions based solely on that...

here's a clue. You're wrong. Most of us were on the OFFICIAL BOARD for years before it shut down because skeletor is an idiot. Years of quality contributions just treated like trash because skeletor is an idiot.

You have the attitude problem. You adjust it.

jnday

Reaction score
We easily have a bottom five receiving core in the league at the moment. I will say, while Dak has been good he has been overrated, I think by half the fan base that for some reason had a reason to target and bash on Romo were quick to come to the Dak love. Terrance Williams is a no 4 receiver on most teams, Hurns can be an adequate two, and Beasley only fills certain route tree like Bryant, oh the biggest concern we have no number 1 and Witten is adequate at best at TE at his age.
Why should they waste salary cap space on WRs that can not connect with anyway? If Romo was still the QB, Dez would still be here because Romo was accurate enough to get the best out of Dez. Dak is not capable of throwing the back shoulder passes to WRs, so they shouldn't waste the money on WRs that Dak can't accurately throw to.