When does Philbin get the axe?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheDude, Jan 27, 2022.

1. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member

11,551 Messages
    27,453 Likes Received
    I’m with you on that. I liked what Colombo did too. I bet he is a hard *** coach

glimmerman likes this.
  2. Cowpolk

Cowpolk Landry Hat

14,391 Messages
    21,555 Likes Received
    I dont think Peyton wants to come here.

glimmerman likes this.
  3. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    Me either. I am guessing they have spoken.. If Payton answered the phone.

Jake likes this.
  4. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,506 Messages
    79,239 Likes Received
    You can only do so much with what you have. Dallas went the entire season without seeming to have a clear idea of who their best five offensive linemen were.

They can’t let that happen again next season.

Jake and glimmerman like this.
  5. glimmerman

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    He probly pads up and shows them in person. I think he cut the penalties down when he took over. Haven’t looked at the stats..

jwooten15 and Cowpolk like this.
  6. glimmerman

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    I really thought after they got healthy they would look more like the first 7 games..

7. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

2,375 Messages
    3,116 Likes Received
    Should have been given the pink slip the day after the season ended. I feel OL is a unit you do not have to have number one draft picks all over to be adequate. Coaching can make a major difference and coach up athletes who have some kind of talent. Dallas best OL did not have any No1's....made up mostly of misfits, free agents, middle round picks. They just have to mesh as a unit and know their own responsibilities and blocking schemes. Play to their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Eliminate mistakes or keep them to a minimum. Can't be making the same mistakes over and over, evidence of a dumb player.

TheDude likes this.
  8. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

24,130 Messages
    22,351 Likes Received
    Philbin, while not a great as Callahan, was good here last year. Think about how he was able to help Steele get better. The year before Steele was hot trash. Steele, and his improvement,might be the largest leap I have seen any player make in 1 offseason. Lets give Philbin his due. The real issue is, we have the left side of the line that is subpar, starting with Tyler B(shouldn't be starting), Williams(holds nearly every play), and Tyron...he has slowed and is hurt every year. Not the same guy he was 4 years ago.Is all that Philbin's fault? He can only coach the guys he is given. I'm fine with him.We better draft a LT...and get a center.

9. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

24,130 Messages
    22,351 Likes Received
    BTW..Collins is fat and out of shape still. He may be washed up as a starting RT. I would move him to starting LG and leave him. He can play another 5 years at a fairly high level if we make the change.I think he can be a pro bowler at LG.

Jake likes this.
  10. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

5,996 Messages
    3,635 Likes Received
    Colombo was fired so Mike could bring in his buddy Philbin.

11. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,198 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    the same way his buddy Mike Nolan was ousted ... same manner his buddy Philibin should be too.

.. :angry:

this is all the more reasons why McCarthy maybe wasn't the idea fit it was intially thought to be ..

DuncanIso likes this.
  12. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

28,792 Messages
    60,191 Likes Received
    He and Jerry had fun at their sleepover in Jerry's mansion. Plus, Mike (claimed he) watched every game from 2019 (to get the job).

He's also got a SB ring. Sure, no head coach has ever won a SB for two different teams but he and Jerry are gonna make history.

DuncanIso likes this.
  13. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Well-Known Member

1,495 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    Is there a decent O Line coach available?

14. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

8,415 Messages
    5,279 Likes Received
    Someone should have warned him the Green Bay blocking "technique" doesn't work in Dallas, you'll only get flagged here.
    Seriously, he needs to go.

15. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

3,441 Messages
    2,452 Likes Received
    Has anyone thought as people throw coaches off a Cliff sometimes it’s the roster. Other then Zack Martin not one linemen on this team could thrive in a SB environment. Whenever we came up against a quality D Line the running stopped and # 4 was running for his life.

16. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,860 Messages
    17,183 Likes Received
    The bonus of Columbo is that he's unlikely to think he has the magic scheme to "fix" two All Pros. Let the oline do what they do best. This shouldn't be hard.

G2 and DuncanIso like this.
  17. DonaldM

DonaldM Well-Known Member

704 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Yea. But he wasn't on the field. I assume he has been good somewhere. Otherwise why would our brilliant management and staff have hired him.

18. DonaldM

DonaldM Well-Known Member

704 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Hudson hawk could make these bums block for Dak. He would have Brady numbers.

19. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

19,350 Messages
    20,763 Likes Received
    I always liked him, he has a little mean to him and these Sally's need a little attitude.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  20. Cboyfan4ever

Cboyfan4ever Well-Known Member

1,489 Messages
    1,757 Likes Received
    Nobody is nasty on the line.Where are Erik Williams,Larry Allen, even Ronald Leary type mean, nasty mauler type players.Martin and Tyron are great, don’t get me wrong, but I want some nasty attitude on the Oline.