When is the last time you said, great off season?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
There is no MODEL. There are the couple of teams that have ELITE, generational QBs. Those teams are in the hunt for a SB EVERY YEAR. Then there is everyone else. Those teams go up and down year to year.... they have no great ""Model." If they did, everyone, including themselves would follow it each year. If the Rams model is so good, why did they fall off the map as soon as they won the SB? If the Bucs model is so good, why did they immediately suck again?

Supportive? I dont know, I just dont see a need to armchair QB from home. None of us are in the Star in on discussions. None of us know what the plan is. BUt for all of the Cowboys Zone GMs that have the ""Model," all figured out, they should go get a new job in the NFL.
There’s no model, but the Eagles have been blown up and rebuilt about 10 times in the last 20 years. The 49ers have done the same thing. The Ravens, Rams, and multiple other teams as well. I don’t know why Jerry and Stephen get a 30 year pass.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You truly don’t grasp the concept of a fan forum.

And you’re telling me you never second guess or play Monday morning QB? Surely you’re not that big of a Homer.
sure I have.... but Im not talking about saying you disagree. I disagreed with drafting schoonmaker because I thought we already had out starting TE on the roster in Ferguson. Turns out I was right.... but I also admit I watch almost no college football, so I was right, but just as easily could have been wrong.

There is a difference between saying damn, We didnt need to waste a 2nd rd pick on a TE, and calling the people making those decisions morons. One day we hear about Will McLay being great and thank God that he protects Jerry from himself... the next minute hes a moron.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again, I’m not sure you are grasping the concept of a fan forum.

We are all Couch QB’s and GM’s etc..

If you don’t have anything to add but go team. That’s fine. But why call out those who do have opinions?

I still don’t understand why fans with nothing to complain or critique about would subject themselves to the rhetoric on a fan forum.
go team? really. How long have we been discussing this team? and you think thats all I say is "Go team?" Enough of what I do and dont grasp.

If the point is to come and whine all day... then yep, thi sis it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m glad you’re so pleased and content with the level of success this era and have nothing to critique or things you’d do different .

But I’ve got news for you if you haven’t already noticed, most don’t.

Perhaps you’re just here to tote the line and support for our ownership which makes you feel you’re a bigger fan . And you wonder why are labeled a Homer and Jethro sympathizer.
label me whatever you want. I bet you throw darts at Jerry every morning during breakfast to make you feel better.

By the way... this era, this owner... he has more SB trophies than the one that preceded him. So if he never wins a game, according to your metric of titles, hes already been more successful than the previous GM,Owner, executives.

Now go ahead and tell me how hes a fool and rode Jimmy's back..... ill wait.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
label me whatever you want. I bet you throw darts at Jerry every morning during breakfast to make you feel better.

By the way... this era, this owner... he has more SB trophies than the one that preceded him. So if he never wins a game, according to your metric of titles, hes already been more successful than the previous GM,Owner, executives.

Now go ahead and tell me how hes a fool and rode Jimmy's back..... I’ll wait.
So, you’re one of those fans who are giving Jethro a pass for life because of the success with Jimmy?

Like I said , a sympathizer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
go team? really. How long have we been discussing this team? and you think thats all I say is "Go team?" Enough of what I do and dont grasp.

If the point is to come and whine all day... then yep, thi sis it.
So you’re not able to root the team on while offering criticism and not being happy with status quo?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
sure I have.... but Im not talking about saying you disagree. I disagreed with drafting schoonmaker because I thought we already had out starting TE on the roster in Ferguson. Turns out I was right.... but I also admit I watch almost no college football, so I was right, but just as easily could have been wrong.

There is a difference between saying damn, We didnt need to waste a 2nd rd pick on a TE, and calling the people making those decisions morons. One day we hear about Will McLay being great and thank God that he protects Jerry from himself... the next minute hes a moron.
Hard to understand how anyone could evaluate talent coming out if they don’t follow NCAA.

Bottomline is results. I’m not sure when you became a Cowboy fan but our results since Jethro took over total football decisions haven’t been favorable in last 30 years.

If you’re supportive of our success since that time then praise it. Tell us why you support how this team is being managed and why you believe it’s a model to follow.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So, you’re one of those fans who are giving Jethro a pass for life because of the success with Jimmy?

Like I said , a sympathizer.
Hardly..... IM just using your own metric for success to show the hypocrisy in your stance.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you’re not able to root the team on while offering criticism and not being happy with status quo?
what is the status quo? How do you measure the "Status Quo?"

The basically cut Dez, they let Romo go when he was still clearly better than Dak, They fired JG and hird Mike........ what is the status quo? oh... I forgot, the owner makes decisions.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hard to understand how anyone could evaluate talent coming out if they don’t follow NCAA.

Bottomline is results. I’m not sure when you became a Cowboy fan but our results since Jethro took over total football decisions haven’t been favorable in last 30 years.

If you’re supportive of our success since that time then praise it. Tell us why you support how this team is being managed and why you believe it’s a model to follow.
I wasnt evaluating Schoonmaker's talent or lack of talent. I was evaluating Ferguson, and like I stated previously, I felt we had our starting TE on the roster, so we would have better off drafting an Olineman than another TE.

Ive been a Cowboys fan since 1976... is that not long enough for you?

No, I dont support anything we do. I wish we were more like the Lions.... bahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You start a thread calling out fans for their criticism of offseason but yet you’ve offered nothing in why you are supportive of it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
what is the status quo? How do you measure the "Status Quo?"

The basically cut Dez, they let Romo go when he was still clearly better than Dak, They fired JG and hird Mike........ what is the status quo? oh... I forgot, the owner makes decisions.
Status quo is measured by results. And conducting themselves in the same manner despite the results.

If you’re happy with status quo in recent years then promote that and why you believe we are going in the right direction.

All I’ve heard basically so far is calling out others opinions without providing your argument in why you believe in what we’re doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hardly..... IM just using your own metric for success to show the hypocrisy in your stance.
Jethro gets credit for hiring Jimmy and giving him control of football operations . And he gets the blame for his control since . Nothing hypocritical about that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wasnt evaluating Schoonmaker's talent or lack of talent. I was evaluating Ferguson, and like I stated previously, I felt we had our starting TE on the roster, so we would have better off drafting an Olineman than another TE.

Ive been a Cowboys fan since 1976... is that not long enough for you?

No, I dont support anything we do. I wish we were more like the Lions.... bahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha
I’ve asked you several times now to provide why you support how our football operations is being managed and the results we’ve had.

You come off as very supportive of our leadership and direction we’re headed.

All I’ve heard so far is just calling out those critical or complaining about it. Sell me and provide your argument on why you are so supportive.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagreed with drafting schoonmaker because I thought we already had out starting TE on the roster in Ferguson. Turns out I was right....
No you were wrong. The Cowboys run a 2 TE set and wanted to improve the blocking on offense and special teams immediately. That's exactly what happened.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jethro gets credit for hiring Jimmy and giving him control of football operations . And he gets the blame for his control since . Nothing hypocritical about that.
3 super bowls.......3 super bowls..........3 super bowls

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No you were wrong. The Cowboys run a 2 TE set and wanted to improve the blocking on offense and special teams immediately. That's exactly what happened.
schoonmaker didnt play much..... and how many teams draft a TE with a 2nd rd pick to block????? You are mistaken.