Where are the splash plays in Zeke’s game?

kskboys

Reaction score
Frank Gore has 3 carries of 20+ yard carries to Zeke’s 1.

He also has a long run of 41 yards.

Gore is also 36; Zeke is 24.
Awesome!!!!!!!!! I'm a huge Gore fan. I wanted us to draft him way back in 05.

Did you know that in 1996, Emmit had 4 runs longer than 20 yds?

I do like your stats, but since I don't rate RB's on their long runs, I'm not sure how it translates. Z has been subpar this year, I completely agree w/ that.

Edit: And the sad part, Cal, is that Z should be as good as Gore, or better. He prolly never will be due to lack of consistent effort.

kskboys

Reaction score
Local and nat'l media continue to call our off line the best and Zeke as the top or one of the top RBs. Elite RBs have lots of splash plays in a season. Look what Cook did behind a below avg off line last wk.

I will say it again, why is Pollard not starting because he looks like the better RB this yr.
Cook? Since you mention Cook, let's talk Cook!!!

His stats just flashed across the bottom of my screen. 11/26 today. Sooooooooooooooo, does Cook suddenly suck?

aria

Reaction score

His stats just flashed across the bottom of my screen. 11/26 today. Sooooooooooooooo, does Cook suddenly suck?
Tampa Bay is the number one ranked team against the rush.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Lol. And Zeke vs Cook for this season comparison? Wanna compare splash plays, total rushing yds, and total receiving yds? Yeah, thats what I thought.

kskboys

Reaction score
According to the nfl “Splash” play is defined as a run or pass play for 20 or more yards. Zeke still has 2 so far this year.
No poop? The NFL actually defines that term? Why?

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol. And Zeke vs Cook for this season comparison? Wanna compare splash plays, total rushing yds, and total receiving yds? Yeah, thats what I thought.
Circular argument. That's what I thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No poop? The NFL actually defines that term? Why?
It’s just a way to classify big plays. It usually indicates a player’s ability to be explosive. Zeke had 30 SPs in 3 years. This year, 2. Doesn’t mean everything about a RB, but as a RB ages, you always see the SP numbers decline.

Cmac

Reaction score
We just saw a lot of fat & happy against a losing team.....and we dissecting Zeke again?......Next week may begin to see some eyes open about a lot of players....for sure.

aria

Reaction score
Oh, so the D you're playing does matter?

These little circular arguments crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course it matters! I never said it didn’t but for someone who demands to be paid as the highest RB I expect him to play like it in all games, Zeke hasn’t, not even close.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course it matters! I never said it didn’t but for someone who demands to be paid as the highest RB I expect him to play like it in all games, Zeke hasn’t, not even close.
Absolutely!!!!!!!!! I would not have paid Z, and his effort has been very poor overall.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cook:
Att:203 Yds: 991 TDs: 10 Avg: 4.9
Receiving yds: 424

Zeke:
Att:178 Yds: 788 TDs: 6 Avg: 4.5
Receiving yds: 192
Absolutely. I'm not a Z fan and I haven't been impressed. I was simply laughing at the ones who used Cook as the counter. Really funny stuff!!!!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Zeke is not making people miss or breaking tackles. The burst seems to have disappeared.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s just a way to classify big plays. It usually indicates a player’s ability to be explosive. Zeke had 30 SPs in 3 years. This year, 2. Doesn’t mean everything about a RB, but as a RB ages, you always see the SP numbers decline.
Oh, makes no difference to me, I'm simply shocked that the NFL took the time to define what prolly began as a term from some talking head.

Emmit only had 17 40+ yard runs in his career, and only 94 20+ yard runs in his career. According to those parameters, Emmit wasn't very good!!!!!

BTW, I don't use those.