Where Big Mac and his staff deserve some credit

cowboyec

Reaction score
McCarthy is by far the weakest link in an otherwise good chain.

I don't see anyway he keeps his job after this season without a Super Bowl win. He's not coached a single clean game yet and Jerry will not allow his home grown coach (Kellen Moore) to just walk into someone else arms.
no...he isn't.
hell...he's the one that brought the chain.
you think we draft ceedee lamb if garrett were still here?
no mccarthy also means no change in defensive philosophy...no adjusting to what the offense is doing.
no micah parsons,odighizuwa or quinton bohanna.
no tweaks of the safety position.
garrett couldnt develop guys like noah brown cedrick wilson or dalton schultz.
with garrett we get chaz green.
with mccarthy and his oline coach joe philbin...we get terrence steele.
heck...connor williams looks better.
you think garrett would allow kellen moore to develop play formations with a og at fb?
i don't.
garrett had no feel for his team or how games were going.
mccarthy and his staff adjust.
he's not the weak link in the chain.
he is the chain.

cowboyec

Reaction score
What coach starts a season with 4 games in a row with bone head decisions?
3-1.
i'll take those "bone head decisions".
you are still inflicted with post garrett syndrome.
thats ok.
you're among friends here.
we'll get you through it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
no...he isn't.
hell...he's the one that brought the chain.
you think we draft ceedee lamb if garrett were still here?
no mccarthy also means no change in defensive philosophy...no adjusting to what the offense is doing.
no micah parsons,odighizuwa or quinton bohanna.
no tweaks of the safety position.
garrett couldnt develop guys like noah brown cedrick wilson or dalton schultz.
with garrett we get chaz green.
with mccarthy and his oline coach joe philbin...we get terrence steele.
heck...connor williams looks better.
you think garrett would allow kellen moore to develop play formations with a og at fb?
i don't.
garrett had no feel for his team or how games were going.
mccarthy and his staff adjust.
he's not the weak link in the chain.
he is the chain.
He brought the chain?

Moore was already here and the guy he brought in (Nolan) had one of the worst defenses in Cowboys history and was fired after a year.

McCarthy didn't bring anything.

You can't act like the only reason we have those guys is because McCarthy. That's impossible to say.

Either way, this isn't about Garrett. Garrett being a bum head coach has nothing to do with McCarthy being one also.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fans: "McCarthy is fat, can't make game time decisions and is horrible at clock management.

Same fans: "The coordinators are making all the calls."

There isn't a team in the NFL that has fans that don't whine about clock management.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ultimately I’m going to give Jethro credit. He’s the one who insisted on retaining Moore. And on bringing in another DC. Who are IMO the ones making a difference not Mm.

His questionable in game decisions from going for it on 4th downs in our territory almost routinely now along with his extra point debacles not to mention his time clock Mgmt seems certain to cost us dearly at some point.

I’d argue our OC and DC have been the difference not our HC.
i'd argue kellen moore has grown more as a play caller under mccarthy than he did under garrett.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

How on earth can you say that?

The guy constantly makes mistakes to the point where Rich Dalrymple has to come up with lies for him like in San Diego where someone was blocking the clock or whatever and Trevon Diggs had “back tightness”.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
i'd argue kellen moore has grown more as a play caller under mccarthy than he did under garrett.
Of course. I think we’d expect that he’d only get better. Tough to judge him after only one season.

cowboyec

Reaction score

The guy constantly makes mistakes to the point where Rich Dalrymple has to come up with lies for them like in San Diego where someone was blocking the clock or whatever and Trevon Diggs had “back tightness”.
are you kidding?
the development and evolution of kellen moore as a play-caller.
the in game adjustments like moving zack martin to ot.
putting an og at fb.
the development of terrence steele.
noah brown.
cedric wilson.
dalton schultz.
having a defense with multiple looks.
drafting a dt like bohanna.
finally addressing the safety position.
garrett would've pushed for drafting chaisson.
under garrett we had no real balance on offense...just talk.
under garrett we get "its a process".
under mccarthy its actually happening.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

The guy constantly makes mistakes to the point where Rich Dalrymple has to come up with lies for him like in San Diego where someone was blocking the clock or whatever and Trevon Diggs had “back tightness”.
Really? Terrible HCs don't win games. You're nit-picking nonsense.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Every coach has issues each week.

You must only watch the Cowboys.

Willie, I would argue that I watch as much or more NFL than anyone on this site. At least I would be in a very high percentile.

It is absolutely not true that every coach makes incorrect in game decisions every week. Sure, they all get it wrong sometimes. Or they have a questionable one but often upon further review it is determined that the coach was right or at least once more information is given to the public it becomes less clear it was a mistake.

Mike is creating concern because thus far he has had bad decisions every week.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He gets credit by association. Dude has made questionable decisions ever since he got here.

He wants to do the cool young hip stuff that cool young coaches do but he has no clue when to press the button or not.
You refuse to give him the credit of assembling the staff and letting them do their jobs....a staff you say saves him.

Hmmm:huh:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Willie, I would argue that I watch as much or more NFL than anyone on this site. At least I would be in a very high percentile.

It is absolutely not true that every coach makes incorrect in game decisions every week. Sure, they all get it wrong sometimes. Or they have a questionable one but often upon further review it is determined that the coach was right or at least once more information is given to the public it becomes less clear it was a mistake.

Mike is creating concern because thus far he has had bad decisions every week.
You are just saying this in the lens of a Cowboys fan bro

I mean there are people in here complaining about the decision to go for 2. Insanity

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You refuse to give him the credit of assembling the staff and letting them do their jobs....a staff you say saves him.

Hmmm:huh:

I mean it thats what you think makes him a good HC then by all means go ahead.

I prefer coaches that don’t make stupid decisions in game over and over and over then praise them by someone else they hired because that person is doing a good job.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy is by far the weakest link in an otherwise good chain.

I don't see anyway he keeps his job after this season without a Super Bowl win. He's not coached a single clean game yet and Jerry will not allow his home grown coach (Kellen Moore) to just walk into someone else arms.

Clean game? After 10 years of Garret, MM is doing a very acceptable job. You should consider that MM has really only had one full offseason to work with the players and implement his systems. If you can't see a difference..........I'm not sure what you are looking at.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Clean game? After 10 years of Garret, MM is doing a very acceptable job. You should consider that MM has really only had one full offseason to work with the players and implement his systems. If you can't see a difference..........I'm not sure what you are looking at.
I see a difference, but I'm not giving him credit for just simply being a better head coach than Jason Garrett.

Jason Garrett is not the bar you should judge head coaches on.

Expect better.