1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Where does Dak Prescott rank among QBs in NFL?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Altestic

Altestic Benched

1,081 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    Garoppolo? That might be conservative after the 49ers win 11 games this year and JG becomes a darkhorse for the Pro Bowl/MVP.

2. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,087 Messages
    20,555 Likes Received
    Dak does wins games, you don't lead the league in come from behind wins the last 3 years because the defense won the game without getting turnovers.

Whirlwin likes this.
  3. Irvin88_4life

18,087 Messages
    20,555 Likes Received
    See you are projecting what he will do and not what he has done. No way in hell is Jimmy G the 12th best QB in the league. Dak at this moment is by far better than Garoppolo and it's not even a question.

I bet anything you want Jimmy G isn't even top 5 in MVP conversation or probowl voting.

Dak
    Ryan
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Brees
    Wentz( if healthy)
    Newton
    Goff
    Trubisky
    Cousins

All would make the probowl before Jimmy G. With only taking 3 QBs haha

4. Irvin88_4life

18,087 Messages
    20,555 Likes Received
    I disagree with some rankings but I respect and pretty much agree with your list. Really like that you listed the reasons why you ranked the guys where you did.

I understand why you put Wentz that high but I disagree. At this moment, in my opinion, he should be around the 10-15 range. I get the Mayfield ranking too but at this moment not sure I can put him that high. I actually wanted to draft him last year when people said he would fall to 19, one of the only QBs I would take over Dak.... Trubisky is the other.

Anyways great job on the list

IndianaCowboys1994 likes this.
  5. IndianaCowboys1994

IndianaCowboys1994 Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    Thanks! I'm a teacher so I have a few weeks left of free time. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I won't cry if I'm wrong about Rodgers and Wentz

Whirlwin and Irvin88_4life like this.
  6. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

3,598 Messages
    2,458 Likes Received
    Dak has done that.

7. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

13,144 Messages
    11,220 Likes Received
    But a more meaningful one that usual.

"Dak great!"
    "Dak sucks!"

That's not a helpful thread.

Ranking Dak in the context of other NFL QBs is an improvement to out of context love or hate.

And so far at least, I'm seeing more consensus. Low to mid teens.
    [​IMG]

Haimerej likes this.
  8. Vtwin

3,598 Messages
    2,458 Likes Received
    Mahomes doesn't get the teamwork logic applied to him though?

Interesting

9. Vtwin

3,598 Messages
    2,458 Likes Received
    Of course I don't think that.

The context of my comment was in response to YOU blaming Mahomes entirely for their loss.

Come on man.

Whirlwin likes this.
  10. Irvin88_4life

18,087 Messages
    20,555 Likes Received
    I think Rodgers is the best QB in the league or at worst top 3. I didn't like his attitude but I try and not use bias in my rankings.

You being a teacher explains the well thought out write up you gave. Enjoy the last few days of vacation.

You are wrong about Wentz haha

IndianaCowboys1994 likes this.
  11. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    Of course I'm going to blame Patrick Mahomes. He's not a Dallas Cowboy I'm going to torture him. Expect it on a Cowboys fan forum

12. Whirlwin

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    I don't think Carson Wentz bounces back I don't think he was that great to bounce back from. And no Aaron Rodgers has not been good for at least four seasons now. Prescott played him nose-to-nose in the playoff game

13. Irvin88_4life

18,087 Messages
    20,555 Likes Received
    I support Dak but he had one worst. Against the Redskins when he fumbled into the endzone and the Redskins recovered for a TD.

14. Whirlwin

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    Do you not even understand what you wrote. You specifically said Prescott does not have the ability. How am I supposed to pre sieve that

15. Whirlwin

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    I know Prescott wins games can people take words out of content. With a different situation a different subject I was talking about and they chose to use my words in a different format. Go Cowboys

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  16. Whirlwin

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    Not when you have the ball in your hands left and it's up to you to win or lose the game. Then it specifically on that player. Look I'm not giving Patrick Mahomes any love don't expect it don't wait for it not happening. I love the Patriots the way they destroyed him in that playoff game. They slacked off he produced they put pressure back on he sucked again. I can't wait to watch him this season

17. Whirlwin

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    But you can take my words out of content I understand hypocritical also. Maybe I'm guilty sometimes too but you can't cross reference different post and think you can use the words against a certain person.

18. Whirlwin

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    I don't recall if we lost that game because of it

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  19. Whirlwin

9,378 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    Look my cowboy brother I have been a fan of this franchise since day one in the military overseas all you could get was the Cowboys. How could you not love the star and what it represents. I know Prescott's weaknesses and I know his strengths. you also know that this is the youngest starting team in the league. College is the new NFL training camp. Players a thrown into the fire so quickly expecting to produce . For a fought round quarterback making it to the second round of the playoffs and people's thinks he sucks that's just rude ludachrist. Not saying you think you sucks but people do. I can't express how lucky we are to have this quarterback. I suffered through people like Randall Cunningham, after we lost Troy Aikman before Tony Romo. I know what it's like not to have a quarterback. And Prescott I trust. I have to use speak in text because I have neuropathy nerve damage in my fingers they sting when I type. Sometimes Google screws my words up excuse me for that.

Vtwin likes this.
  20. Irvin88_4life

18,087 Messages
    20,555 Likes Received
    I get that. I was just laying that info out for people that said it's because of the defense. My thing is the defense isn't getting turnovers or getting points on the board. People want to say KC or Philly were scoring 30 points per game but that wasn't all offense. Special teams and defense were getting scores.

If the Dallas defense and special teams can start scoring or getting with big plays and turnovers then ppg will go up a ton.

Example. In the 17 season folks want to talk about how Wentz was MVP favorite. If you watched the games then you would see that their defense would get turnovers and Wentz got the ball in the redzone or within 30-40 yards of the endzone. Special teams were getting big plays allowing Wentz to have very short fields.

Whirlwin likes this.