Where does Dez rank in the all time great lists amongst cowboys WRs

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
So that's what we are doing now. Any player we hate we just say the dumbest excrement we can come up with and it rides?

Aikman or Brady would not have tolerated Dez ...... man GTFOH

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dez shouldn't be on that list...

Dez would have failed with most QBs.
- Romo ran around waiting for Dez to get open and Romo was tolerant of the fact that Dez never ran routes correctly.
- Aikman or Brady would never have tolerated Dez.
Nonsense babble

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
1-Michael Irvin
2-Drew Pearson
3- Bob Hayes ( could be #2 because I never saw him play)
4-Dez Bryant
5-T.O.
6-Tony Hill
7-Alvin harper

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dez was great at what he did but man... if he could have refined his precision route running he would have been on Irvin's level.

I'm going to throw Terry Glenn a bone here. Wasn't here long enough for serious consideration but he was legit. A real 'working man's receiver.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Not shading a Cowboys great but Bob had the dropsies even worse than Cee Dee, or at least as bad

I was only a little boy but I remember 9-5 speed with flat hands was the mantra

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This is my top 5 order. I can't really see anyone else in the top 5 discussion. If you said who were the greatest receivers in NFL history to ever put on a Cowboys jersey then sure Owens and Alworth probably make the list. But greatest Cowboys receivers? He only played 3 seasons here so couldn't put him in the top 5.

Irvin
Hayes
Pearson
Bryant
Hill

starfan1

Reaction score
5th in performance
2nd in head case diva receiver behind TO

DFWJC

Reaction score
Michael Irvin
Bob Hayes
Drew Pearson
Terrell Owens
Dez Bryant
Tony Hill
Alvin Harper

Not bad

I would say 4th is the absolute highest he could ever be,
There is no universe where he had abetter career than Hayes, Owens or Irvin
After that, it becomes more debatable.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t forget to put Bob Hayes above everyone except maybe Irvin.

I wouldn’t put Bob Hayes ahead of Drew Pearson, who’s second on my list after Irvin. Drew Pearson was the most clutch WR of the 1970s. He made way too many big plays to put any Cowboys receiver ahead of him other than Michael Irvin.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
TO is ranked higher than any of the receivers the Cowboys have had but I don’t count him on this list because he wasn’t a true Dallas Cowboy. He only played with the team three years. TO is ranked sixth all time on this list. He’s ranked in the top 10 all-time on practically every list. None of the Cowboys receivers are ranked in the top 10 all the time. Lance Alworth who’s also ranked top 10 all time on many lists only played one or two seasons with the Cowboys so I don’t count him. Besides he was washed up at that point.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/ten-best-receivers-of-all-time-0ap3000000642432

Batman1980

Reaction score
TO is ranked higher than any of the receivers the Cowboys have had but I don’t count him on this list because he wasn’t a true Dallas Cowboy. He only played with the team three years. TO is ranked sixth all time on this list. He’s ranked in the top 10 all-time on practically every list. None of the Cowboys receivers are ranked in the top 10 all the time. Lance Alworth who’s also ranked top 10 all time on many lists only played one or two seasons with the Cowboys so I don’t count him. Besides he was washed up at that point.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/ten-best-receivers-of-all-time-0ap3000000642432

Someone's forgetting Bob Hayes.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is my top 5 order. I can't really see anyone else in the top 5 discussion. If you said who were the greatest receivers in NFL history to ever put on a Cowboys jersey then sure Owens and Alworth probably make the list. But greatest Cowboys receivers? He only played 3 seasons here so couldn't put him in the top 5.

Irvin
Hayes
Pearson
Bryant
Hill
I would flip Hayes and Pearson.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez only had 3 real good seasons and his most famous catch didn’t count.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was still better than anyone else we have right now.

With Romo he was real good because he was willing to throw the ball up for him. However with his in ability to separate it would be a real problem with our current QB. He was a great contested ball receiver but he couldn’t run routes. Dez admitted in an interview that Romo made him.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Second behind Playmaker

Dez at his peak was a top-2 WR in the league with some ATGs!
Dez at his peak in 2014 was second to Calvin Johnson only... one would CJ a generational HOF WR...I never watched Irvin and the others play too young but Youtube does wonders although I did watch Dez and T.O and definitely can say those 2 Dez Bryant years he was far more unstoppable

Batman1980

Reaction score
With Romo he was real good because he was willing to throw the ball up for him. However with his in ability to separate it would be a real problem with our current QB. He was a great contested ball receiver but he couldn’t run routes. Dez admitted in an interview that Romo made him.

Romo's gunslinger tendencies absolutely made Dez. It's a shame he waited till his physical abilities were gone to work on his craft. Maybe he would've lived up to all the pre-draft hype if he had. Still a much better player than CeeDee Lamb will ever be.