Where does Garrett land?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I heard rumors that both the Giants and Panthers were interested but now they both have filled their HCing positions what is left for Garrett? The Browns? They had interest back in the day when Garrett was still our OC. I don't think he will land another HCing job this year but he will land a coaching job somewhere. Any guess on where?

Anywhere is better than here....

I dont care where he lands, as long as he flys out of Dallas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you're going to credit him for the 5-3 finish in 2010 the least you can do is give him some of the blame for the lousy 1-7 start. Funny how you are totally disregarding the fact that Garrett was the OC that season and absolutely had a hand in the bad start.
Generally speaking OC or asst coaches in general aren’t credited with the HC’s record in such manner.

I think what’s most telling in the 2010 season is it was the only year we had a losing record when Romo was starting (1-5).

The collapse in 2010 while I’m sure everyone on the staff can take some blame ultimately rest on the HC.

And why the collapse this season was on Garrett not Moore or Marinelli, etc.

nobody

Reaction score
yeah he went behind wades back and helped ot get him fired he is a snake in the grass

I'm not saying that, regardless of what I believe or not...but his play-calling did indeed contribute to that record at the time. Everything else is conjecture.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
what ever kind of coach he is or was he is now on the street looking for a job he just wasn't good enough and could never win enough games he is gone now and I am so happy I am not sure what this next guy will do but with the clown there was no hope at least there is some hope now a reason to think maybe they have a chance to do something In the playoffs so done talking about this clown though

Doomsay

Reaction score
Coordinator gig is his best case scenario. I like how to cover your bases with the worst case scenario though. For a guy you claim is such a good coach how in the hell can he take a year off and not get a job the following year? When has that happened to a good coach ever? Stop hedging your bets. I bet anything that clown doesnt get a head coaching job.
Revisionism is easier over time, the whole lot of Garrett supporters are backpedaling.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's not often you see a head coach as long-tenured as he was accept a coordinator position months or weeks after being removed from their head-coaching post.
Definitely unusual, but if the opportunity presents itself, I think it would be perfect for JG. Even in his final “prove it” year, Jerry refused to give him any authority over coaches or to call his own games and control his own destiny. If he wants to coach again, I think he needs to run an offense and remind folks why teams were originally interested in hiring him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If McDaniels lands a HC position maybe the hoodie will take him in since they know eachother through Jimmy.

GMO415

Reaction score
A decade in the NFL and he has no coaching tree.....what does that say? He's horrible.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His offensive play-calling contributed to that 1-7. Just saying.

Not really. Unless you’re one of those who believed the 5-3 that followed was part of a conspiracy. Which is lunacy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I heard rumors that both the Giants and Panthers were interested but now they both have filled their HCing positions what is left for Garrett? The Browns? They had interest back in the day when Garrett was still our OC. I don't think he will land another HCing job this year but he will land a coaching job somewhere. Any guess on where?

Anywhere is better than here....

Why would he land anywhere? He sucks.

Garrett had it as good as it gets here with this roster, two franchise QB's and the famed Dallas Cowboys. And he had the protection of Jerry letting him bumble the job for 10 years.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're going to credit him for the 5-3 finish in 2010 the least you can do is give him some of the blame for the lousy 1-7 start. Funny how you are totally disregarding the fact that Garrett was the OC that season and absolutely had a hand in the bad start.

He wasn’t the HC for 1-7. He was fit 5-3. Pretty simple, actually.

cml750

Reaction score
I guess we will see if one day another team puts value in a "coach" whose main "process" consist of "stacking" coach-speak cliché on top of coach-speak cliché and little else.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not really. Unless you’re one of those who believed the 5-3 that followed was part of a conspiracy. Which is lunacy.

Much more accurate explanation: Garrett's one dimensional, abandon the run, pass happy offense (which you claimed was "the way of the modern NFL") was a huge contributor to the 1-7 start. As was injuries along the Oline and other areas. And lets not forget Romo went down in the in the 5th or 6th game.

THAT being said when Kitna came in, his passing ability was very very limited. What it forced Garrett to do was rely on the run game no matter what. Something he wasn't smart enough to do the first 8 games. Cowboys were 2nd or 1st in rushing the 2nd half of the year, which kept them in almost every game and was the big reason for the 5-3 finish. Of course the last game of the season we played the Ealges 3rd stringers and barely won. Under normal circumstances the record would have been 4-4. Classic Garrett.

Had Garrett run the ball in the first half of the year that they don't start out 1-7 and Romo probably doesn't get killed.

And can anyone but you forget how the moment Wade was fired a brand new play book was distributed according the several players now. Some suggesting that Garrett sabotaged Wade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He wasn’t the HC for 1-7. He was fit 5-3. Pretty simple, actually.

Would have been 4-4 if not for the last game of the year barely beating the Eagles 3rd string squad as they were sitting everyone.

Alas, the love for you hero was born on THAT exact day when we pulled out that last minute victory over the 3rd stringers. And a twinkle in your eye for Garrett remained for 9 more years. How special? LOL

Brax

Reaction score
Maybe OC in MIN with Zimmer if Stefanski gets a HC gig? Otherwise, I’d say he sits a year and then it could be anything from college HC to NFL HC or OC, depending what’s available.

I actually think he’d be a good fit in CLE, but there doesn’t seem to be any interest there.
I read you are interviewing him for your new gardener, let us know how that goes.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
kris richard was interviewed by the giants for the HC position.,

interviewing garrett is the minimum they can do .