Where does Garrett land?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If he wants to still coach, he needs to do what McCarthy did and spend the year reflecting on his unwillingness to adapt and incorporate new ideas into his offense. He needs to have something new and exciting to bring to an interview. Personally, I think he will have to go to college to still coach. If he wants a lucrative career in the NFL media world, he should reinvent himself as a Dallas Cowboy/Jerry Jones hater. I’m sure someone would find a TV gig for him to just bash everything Cowboys.
Nope.
I don't ever get this rational,, Forest Gump said it best, stupid is is stupid does.
You are what you are, despite your Ivy league education status.
Jason was just a really nice guy, with absolutely zero knowledge of this game.
It wasn't even an issue like when Parcells coached this team where the game chronologically surpassed the man coaching the team, his knowledge.
That was never the case with JG, his story was and is , that he was given the job because he could probably sale encyclopedias to a blind man.
Jerry fell in love,, lets understand this as a fan base, Jerry fell in love with a man that kissed his *** better than its ever been kissed.
Lets quit trying to explain this, make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Garrett will not be a HC this coming season on any team in this league, he will have to settle for a much more depreciative role to retain his coaching ability at this level.
Just my opinion, but I bet Im right.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would have been 4-4 if not for the last game of the year barely beating the Eagles 3rd string squad as they were sitting everyone.

But....it wasn’t.
Also, it would have been 8-0, if it weren’t for the three losses. But that’s irrelevant, as well. But thanks for playing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His offense sucked the first 8 games then did a miraculous turnaround the rest of the season. Why did Garrett wait until Wade was fired to get his offense in gear? Pretty simple, actually.

It was magic. Or conspiracy. Or he coached the team better than Wade did. One of those three explanations isn’t completely kooky.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats not what happens to most GOOD former head coaches :facepalm: you havent named one former good head coach this happened too. Try again

You’re wrong here, again. But it’s not my job to provide examples of good coaches who have been coordinators after becoming head coaches. Neither is it my job to defend Jason Garrett’s next career move the week after he became available again to coach.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You’re wrong here, again. But it’s not my job to provide examples of good coaches who have been coordinators after becoming head coaches. Neither is it my job to defend Jason Garrett’s next career move the week after he became available again to coach.
:lmao: All the typing youve done and you cant type two words............a name. :lmao:should be easy since it happens all the time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
10 years as an NFL Head Coach and walking away with plenty of money.
I'd guess he takes the year off and decided if he wants to coach college or pro then follows Mike McCarthy's lead of self-evaluation and study.

All that said he will be a top candidate and could end up lots of places if he wanted to get right back to it.
OC with the Giants where he'd have full autonomy over the offense and can move back to Jersey likely best now move if he is that hungry to work and doesn't mind the step down.
Then again he might wanna sit out and target the Jets or some other team's head job in a year.

Were I JG, I'd want to avoid OC work, as that track record isn't as good as his CEO HC one to be honest.

I'd probably set it out and look for a college head coaching gig I could cruise into retirrment with. An Ivy League school would be really light work with lots of cool perks.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I heard rumors that both the Giants and Panthers were interested but now they both have filled their HCing positions what is left for Garrett? The Browns? They had interest back in the day when Garrett was still our OC. I don't think he will land another HCing job this year but he will land a coaching job somewhere. Any guess on where?

Anywhere is better than here....
Going to take a very brave man to take the CLE job.
They are now on 3rd HC in 3 seasons and Baker has some obvious weaknesses and personality traits that make that job a huge gamble.
For a process driven even-keeled at all times professional like JG, Baker would drive him crazy.
And JG's constant everything is fine approach would like drive Baker insane too.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You need to be a good judge of talent to be a GM (unless you own a team), JG doesn't show that trait either.
Really, because some would say we have some of the best talent in the league.....

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Probably New York.

Gettleman will be fired within a year or two, which will create several openings in the coaching staff and FO.

Judge should pack light.

Brax

Reaction score
Really, because some would say we have some of the best talent in the league.....
8-8 is not close to best in league, like all that talent that every team was going to grab at cuts, is that the kind of talent your talking about, sorry just isn't so. Do the DC have a few talented players, yes but so do all the other teams. You are what you are and 8-8 isn't a very talented team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But....it wasn’t.
Also, it would have been 8-0, if it weren’t for the three losses. But that’s irrelevant, as well. But thanks for playing.

LOL.........And Garrett would have been a good coach if he knew how to coach. Your example is childish and laughable as was your grossly misplaced support of the over matched Garrett.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao: All the typing youve done and you cant type two words............a name. :lmao:should be easy since it happens all the time.

Not my job to jump through hoops you want me to jump through. I referenced a very common career progression. If you think it’s not, knock yourself out showing me why. I don’t really much care otherwise.