Which direction do the Cowboys go at QB in 2021?

Kaiser

Reaction score
He’s willing to risk the success of the team without a Franchise QB moving forward to pump his chest saying he didn’t give in to Daks demands.

Dak was under contract while those negotiations were going on. He signed the tag a month beforehand, there is no way to call negotiations about an extension "moving forward without a QB".

cern

Reaction score
I think we draft a guy and sign a Big name vet. Dont see Dak being offered a deal. If we do try to tag him,its just going to be a tag and trade scenario. Said it before, Jerry doesnt forget or forgive easily. Barring an unlikely SB run and win, he's gone. Thats the truth.
If Stephen can come to terms with dak on a contract beneficial to both parties, he will sign him. If not, he'll apply the tag again. After that, quien sabe.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Mike White ***Boy was I wrong on that one***

I saw Mike White for one day in Oxnard and thought he looked slow, I had my doubts from that first day.

I also saw Tony Romo for one day in Oxnard in his second season and posted something like "I don't get what they see in this guy".

That makes me like half a genius or something.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If Stephen can come to terms with dak on q contract beneficial to both parties, he will sign him. If not, he'll apply the tag again. After that, quien sabe.

I think the extension will get done early in the next offseason. All the pandemic uncertainty will be over (hopefully) and they weren't that far apart at the end. Dak dealing directly with the team is also a big signal to Todd France that if he wants his agent cut of a nine figure contract he has a lot less goodwill from his client than he did before.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I think the extension will get done early in the next offseason. All the pandemic uncertainty will be over (hopefully) and they weren't that far apart at the end. Dak dealing directly with the team is also a big signal to Todd France that if he wants his agent cut of a nine figure contract he has a lot less goodwill from his client than he did before.
It's good to know that the South Park Troll has shined up his broken crystal ball for another clueless prediction, all the while oblivious that everyone realized long ago that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak was under contract while those negotiations were going on. He signed the tag a month beforehand, there is no way to call negotiations about an extension "moving forward without a QB".
Looking beyond 2020 and why the title of thread specifically stated 2021.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ill just reply to these two paragraphs.

The Dak situation is such because we dont seem to progress as a team.

If you like stats....fine, youve got your man. Myself, i'd prefer we win, For me this is where the problems start.

1) We've had a top ranking offense for a few years and we dont seem to achieve. I'm not totally blame Dak for this, I agree there are other factors.
2) If we dont go deep into the playoff this year then it'll be down to either:
a) Coaching (well we've just got a new HC and time would be given),
b) Defense - we're losing a number to free agency in 2021 and very limited CAP SPACE to improve.
c) Offence - Dak wont be able to work MM's offence.
3) Remember that the last time we had a play-off win (2018), it was the Defense that carried the team.

If you read my signature, you'll see I was ,and still am, a fan of Dak......but weighing up an inflated short term contract (which hamstrings MM from the start) or giving MM a look at Dak and the team then deciding I pick the latter.
I’m a Dak critic. You obviously are missing what my argument is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're just being deliberately obtuse. I doubt your career selling insurance equates to Stephen making 100 million dollar deals. Just another example of your hatred of Jerry and Stephen. Whatever rocks your boat.
Of course. Don’t like the message. Attack the messenger.

I guess we have slobbering Cheapskate Son fans now. Lol

And our independent insurance company did very well thank you. Probably makes me more qualified than you. What the hell did you do smart guy?

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
And our independent insurance company did very well thank you. Probably makes me more qualified than you. What the hell did you do smart guy?

He is literally a nuclear physicist. You might want to google what the initials CERN stand for.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Tank for Trevor
Laydown for Lawrence or Lay an egg for Lawrence
:thumbup:

cern

Reaction score
Of course. Don’t like the message. Attack the messenger.

I guess we have slobbering Cheapskate Son fans now. Lol

I sold two coltan mines for 60% more than the cowboys reported net worth to amg. It was time to divest my brazil holdings.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I saw Mike White for one day in Oxnard and thought he looked slow, I had my doubts from that first day.

I also saw Tony Romo for one day in Oxnard in his second season and posted something like "I don't get what they see in this guy".

That makes me like half a genius or something.

I remember watching post game highlights of Romo’s first ever pre season game on Fox. Terry Bradshaw said something to the effect of “how about that Romo kid, the cowboys may have something there”. I wish I could find the old video of it. But Bradshaw pegged it from the start.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is literally a nuclear physicist. You might want to google what the initials CERN stand for.
That’s awesome. I admire the Sheldon Cooper type. At least we know he follows the science.

But doesn’t make them more qualified to discuss football or player contracts and their impact on the team.

And doesn’t excuse insulting the messenger attempting to discredit personally simply cause he doesn’t like the message.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I sold two coltan mines for 60% more than the cowboys reported net worth to amg. It was time to divest my brazil holdings.
But yet you stoop to personal insults attempting to discredit the messenger cause you don’t like the message . It would seem below someone with your intelligence.

Always have to get sidetracked from the discussion at hand with these petty personalizations because can’t handle the criticism of the subjects.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now that we’ve come to grips with the shocking news yesterday the Cowboys have passed on resigning their QB which direction do you think we will go?

We have a top offense ready to contend now. Will we look to the draft as we most likely won’t have a high draft pick or will we look to FA for a veteran to step in.

This is a team built to contend now hiring a proven coaching staff brought in to win now. This is not a rebuilding situation.

The Cowboys decision yesterday regardless what side of the fence you’re on definitely sets our franchise moving forward in a different direction with the most important position in doubt.
Duh, Dak. Just watch. All this BS threads are just that, BS.

cern

Reaction score
But yet you stoop to personal insults attempting to discredit the messenger cause you don’t like the message . It would seem below someone with your intelligence.

Always have to get sidetracked from the discussion at hand with these petty personalizations because can’t handle the criticism of the subjects.
You have no message. All you do is spout your contempt for Jerry and Stephen ad nauseum. Nothing constructive in that at all.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The fact that Dak tried to settle with the FO personally as a last ditch attempt told me he still wants to be a Dallas Cowboy. Of course, whether he gets an extension or not in the future is yet to be determined. I do believe he'll need to rid himself of Todd France to do so, however.

In any event, it should prove quite intriguing, come what may. I believe the Dallas FO wants him back but obviously, not for the deal that Dak's rep was pushing for. Apparently, some compromises will have to be made by both parties. That's usually the case before any contract can be had.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have no message. All you do is spout your contempt for Jerry and Stephen ad nauseum. Nothing constructive in that at all.
Of course I do. It’s bashing how our ownership is running football operations. Unfortunately it can become repetitive as their flaws continue to be a deterrent for Cowboys Football over the decades.

Obviously we still have some fans who support our ownership and why the message must continue getting pounded . Each situation presents another opportunity.