Which Head Coach that is available is better than Garrett right now?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The sacrifices we give up in coaching with Garrett we pick up influence with Jerry as GM.

Garrett is mostly likely our future GM.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
OL: Parcells: Flozell Adams, Larry Allen, Matt Lehr, Andre Gurode, Kurt Vollers. Garrett: Doug Free, Montrae Holland, Phil Costa, Kyle Kosier, Tyron Smith (Rookie).

What was Matt Lehr? Far worse than anything Garrett inherited. And it's not close. How about the great Kirt Vollers. Do you think he was better than anything Garrett's had?

And Larry Allen was a declining player that Parcells butted heads with for being out of shape before he eventually had him released. It's not as if he was in his prime.

Garrett's line had four capable players at minimum. Parcells had three.

Garrett's line was as good if not better than what Parcells inherited. Certainly not worse "by a mile."

We differ in opinion. But even if that is true, does that make the statement "they both inherited bad teams" false? Are you saying that the team Garrett inherited was good? Even if it was better than what Parcell's took over, does that make it a good team? They were both very bad teams, was one slightly worse than the other, prob so but that doesn't change the argument, they took over bad teams, made them better but no playoff success. So to say Parcell tenure was a success while claiming Garret's is a horrible failure, is just silly. They have done the exact same thing and gotten the same results. The only difference is you like Parcells and you hate Garrett so your definition of success is defined by how much you like someone. If Garrett was to throw his hands up today and walk away, I would say the same thing about him that I have said and will continue to say about Parcells, He didn't have the overall success that I as a fan wanted but the team is in much better shape now then when he got here so i wouldn't consider that a complete and utter failure.

Dre11

Reaction score
Both are more qualified and better coaches than the current imposter.

Bs , No they aren’t, Garrett winning one NFL game makes him better than Chrystal because he’s won none, Harbaugh was let go because he could get along with his bosses and has shown to be a nut case.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We differ in opinion. But even if that is true, does that make the statement "they both inherited bad teams" false? Are you saying that the team Garrett inherited was good? Even if it was better than what Parcell's took over, does that make it a good team? They were both very bad teams, was one slightly worse than the other, prob so but that doesn't change the argument, they took over bad teams, made them better but no playoff success. So to say Parcell tenure was a success while claiming Garret's is a horrible failure, is just silly.

Again, what's "silly" is any attempt to place them on equal footing. In any way. That's what's "just silly".

You admitted yourself that Garrett inherited the quarterback - Romo. The most precious and difficult thing to acquire in sports. And who was it again that was responible for Romo being that quarterback?

Duane Charles Parcells.

If the man did nothing else in his tenure, he got this team's quarterback right. When they went through failure after failure after failure after Aikman retired. Advantage. Big Bill.

They have done the exact same thing and gotten the same results. The only difference is you like Parcells and you hate Garrett so your definition of success is defined by how much you like someone. If Garrett was to throw his hands up today and walk away, I would say the same thing about him that I have said and will continue to say about Parcells, He didn't have the overall success that I as a fan wanted but the team is in much better shape now then when he got here so i wouldn't consider that a complete and utter failure.

Parcells inherited a team that had gone 5-11 for three straight seasons. Bottom of the heap.

He immediately took them to 10-6 and the playoffs.

The team Garrett inherited went 11-5 the year before. He proceeded to take them to three 8-8 seasons.

You want to try to establish equal footing where it doesn't exist.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bs , No they aren’t, Garrett winning one NFL game makes him better than Chrystal because he’s won none,

Wow. The lengths that you'll go in your sad attempt to give Garrett a pass. I guess that no coach can ever be hired in the NFL because they've never won in the NFL. Of course your "logic" then doesn't explain Garrett ever getting the job in the first place...

The only thing you accomplish with nonsense like this is to destroy any credibility you may have had.

Harbaugh was let go because he could get along with his bosses and has shown to be a nut case.

Harbaugh was "let go" because Trent Ballke (no longer anyone's GM) and wanna-be rich kid "owner" Jed York were in no way qualified for the jobs they had (just like your favorite dad coach). And that was proven when they failed miserably multiple times afterward.

Harbaugh built that Super Bowl 49'ers team, and they destroyed it. And it was ultimately proven.

Anything else you want to be blatantly wrong about today?

GenoT

Reaction score
Good question, but unfortunately there’s no way to make any kind of direct comparison without having seen any of the available HCs coaching the same personnel Garrett has had, and against the same opponents. Or, for that matter, without seeing how Garrett would fare with what the others have had to work with and against.

No offense to the OP, but while this can be endlessly debated in a hypothetical sense, it has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question, but unfortunately there’s no way to make any kind of direct comparison without having seen any of the available HCs coaching the same personnel Garrett has had, and against the same opponents. Or, for that matter, without seeing how Garrett would fare with what the others have had to work with and against.

No offense to the OP, but while this can be endlessly debated in a hypothetical sense, it has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Dre11

Reaction score
Wow. The lengths that you'll go in your sad attempt to give Garrett a pass. I guess that no coach can ever be hired in the NFL because they've never won in the NFL. Of course your "logic" then doesn't explain Garrett ever getting the job in the first place...

The only thing you accomplish with nonsense like this is to destroy any credibility you may have had.

Harbaugh was "let go" because Trent Ballke (no longer anyone's GM) and wanna-be rich kid "owner" Jed York were in no way qualified for the jobs they had (just like your favorite dad coach). And that was proven when they failed miserably multiple times afterward.

Harbaugh built that Super Bowl 49'ers team, and they destroyed it. And it was ultimately proven.

What’s funny is you claim Chrystal is better, yet he’s never been an NFL head coach, what evidence do you have to prove he’s a better “NFL COACH”. It’s a “fact” JG has done more and has been more successful as an NFL HEAD COACH than Chrystal.

You don’t know the real reason he was let go, you’re guessing, it’s a “fact” he was let go, it also is a “fact” that he’s a nut.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

tumblr_nyvv6d2xez1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What’s funny is you claim Chrystal is better, yet he’s never been an NFL head coach, what evidence do you have to prove he’s a better “NFL COACH”. It’s a “fact” JG has done more and has been more successful as an NFL HEAD COACH than Chrystal.

You don’t know the real reason he was let go, you’re guessing, it’s a “fact” he was let go, it also is a “fact” that he’s a nut.
Is he? How's he a nut? I hadn't bothered watching his Wolverines All Or Nothing. It show things about him?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's impossible to take you seriously on the subject when you can't even manage to spell Paul Chryst's name correctly.

Hang your head.

Look it up then.

It's obvious you don't do your homework.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

I think some fans are just worried that we will become the Cleveland Browns and are satisfied being mediocre with an occasional playoff appearance. I just don't understand that thinking.

Dre11

Reaction score

He does a great job of giving you that spark, that initial boom. But after a while, you just want to kick his (expletive)," Boone said in the interview, which airs Tuesday at 10 p.m. on HBO. "He just keeps pushing you, and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."