Which Head Coach that is available is better than Garrett right now?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
holy cow...you are kidding right? parcells OL was heck of a lot better...

now, that's how they started..... Garrett fixed the OL issues a couple years in through draft, were after 3 years, we have a great OL....

one thing I give garrett credit...we had never ever before drafted OL in the first round, under garrett he convinced Jerry to do it three times...one in top 10....

if nothing else. I give him credit for that..

Then your remembrance of history is warped.

You're trying to give Garrett credit for things he had nothing to do with.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OL: Parcells: Flozell Adams, Larry Allen, Matt Lehr, Andre Gurode, Kurt Vollers. Garrett: Doug Free, Montrae Holland, Phil Costa, Kyle Kosier, Tyron Smith (Rookie).

What was Matt Lehr? Far worse than anything Garrett inherited. And it's not close. How about the great Kirt Vollers. Do you think he was better than anything Garrett's had?

And Larry Allen was a declining player that Parcells butted heads with for being out of shape before he eventually had him released. It's not as if he was in his prime.

Garrett's line had four capable players at minimum. Parcells had three.

Garrett's line was as good if not better than what Parcells inherited. Certainly not worse "by a mile."
larry allen was still effective...he was declining no doubt...but effective...Flozell was good LT..... lehr and costa both sucked...royally....how is Holland? I can't even recall..gurode was a very good guard and then a center....... and kosier was declining and weak and on his way out...smith was a rookie......and how many years did people wanted to get rid of free and wanted his head on a platter....

I think parcells line overall was a little better......maybe more than a little...that's not even up for debate

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
holy cow...you are kidding right? parcells OL was heck of a lot better...

now, that's how they started..... Garrett fixed the OL issues a couple years in through draft, were after 3 years, we have a great OL....

one thing I give garrett credit...we had never ever before drafted OL in the first round, under garrett he convinced Jerry to do it three times...one in top 10....

if nothing else. I give him credit for that..

Tell me all about Kurt Vollers and the great Matt Lehr?
:huh:

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I dont want to start another bash garret or who's going to be the next Head coach...

but I was thinking about this today, who's available and who's better than him right now at where he's at... I know he's been learning on the job.... most people do in this day and age, but looking at College coaches they have to learn Pro game... looking at coordinators they have to learn how to be a head coach. looking at Retreads, they have to learn how the game is played today...

so my question is simple Who could replace him & be better than him right now where he's at today with this franchise.

Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, Bill Cowher, Nick Saban, Brian Kelly, Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney, Bob Stoops, and Jimbo Fisher. That's just off the top of my head. I would also probably take most 1A 6 man Texas High School football coaches over the Red Clapper.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Both are more qualified and better coaches than the current imposter.
ok, its clear you have a hatred for garrett and see everything as his fault....and blame him for being hired or accepting the job...in your opinion, garrett should have turned the job down....right? that would be the right thing to do...with that said, whose fault is it he still has a job? you keep avoiding that answer? he is incompetent...ok, why does he have a job? who is keeping him around?

and harbaugh maybe a better coach...but in dallas it would be a monsterous disaster working with Jerry.....I mean a gigantic monumental disaster...

and I don't a college coach like him is any good...I don't even put him in the upper echelon of college coaches..... he has a couple of good assistance that help produce good OL men and as a result some decent not great, but decent RBs....

Dre11

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, Bill Cowher, Nick Saban, Brian Kelly, Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney, Bob Stoops, and Jimbo Fisher. That's just off the top of my head. I would also probably take most 1A 6 man Texas High School football coaches over the Red Clapper.

Another foolish post...lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
larry allen was still effective...he was declining no doubt...but effective...Flozell was good LT..... lehr and costa both sucked...royally....how is Holland? I can't even recall..gurode was a very good guard and then a center....... and kosier was declining and weak and on his way out...smith was a rookie......and how many years did people wanted to get rid of free and wanted his head on a platter....
And how many years was Free in the league? How many years did he start Compared to Vollers? Or Holland to Lehr? Parcells had three players on his line.

I think parcells line overall was a little better......maybe more than a little...that's not even up for debate

Lehr and Vollers were absolute nobodies. Subpar bodies who never did a thing in this league. Comparing them to any serviceable player is a farce.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sounds like you hear just what you want to hear.

After all, you think it's "irrelevant" that Garrett was hired first and at one time got paid more.

As if any sane organization does that.
:facepalm:
exactly....its the freaking organization...now you get it...its the boss at fault not the employees.....

again, if I came and offered you a head coaching job, guaranteed contract for 5 mill a year for 4 years...you know you will fail miserably...would you say no?

Dre11

Reaction score

You high?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Then your remembrance of history is warped.

You're trying to give Garrett credit for things he had nothing to do with.
I think your opinion is very agenda driven...there is no doubting that...

I am not given anyone credit...I stated facts that major majority without an agenda would support...

the_h0wey

Reaction score
As was he, because his players was done with him....:thumbup:

Called my post foolish, but doesn't have a basic grasp of the English language. I believe you meant his players were* done with him. I wouldn't expect someone who supports Jason Garrett as our head coach to have much intelligence. Thank you for proving me right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok, its clear you have a hatred for garrett and see everything as his fault....and blame him for being hired or accepting the job...in your opinion, garrett should have turned the job down....right? that would be the right thing to do...with that said, whose fault is it he still has a job? you keep avoiding that answer? he is incompetent...ok, why does he have a job? who is keeping him around?

That's Jerry Jones' fault. I've never said otherwise. What I have said is that Jerry's mistake doesn't absolve Garrett of his fault of not being able to handle the job he's been gifted.

and harbaugh maybe a better coach...but in dallas it would be a monsterous disaster working with Jerry.....I mean a gigantic monumental disaster...

Cool story, but baseless and unproveable.

and I don't a college coach like him is any good...I don't even put him in the upper echelon of college coaches..... he has a couple of good assistance that help produce good OL men and as a result some decent not great, but decent RBs....

Who are you talking about here?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
exactly....its the freaking organization...now you get it...its the boss at fault not the employees.....

again, if I came and offered you a head coaching job, guaranteed contract for 5 mill a year for 4 years...you know you will fail miserably...would you say no?

It doesn't mean I'd be blameless for my own incompetence, does it?

Haimerej

Reaction score
When that "coordinator" was hired before the "head coach."

Again, irrelevant.

Nor a more damning indictment than a coach who's offense scores 20 points a game until the head coach gets fired, and then suddenly scores 9 more points a game after that head coach is fired.

You think Wade had nothing to do with that? You think he didn't have a say in gameplanning?

Nice try. Show me where else that happens. What other normal-functioning team does that? I'll wait...

Show me how it's relevant.

As I've said, I know who's offense was putting up lousy numbers before Wade was fired and far better numbers afterwards. But I'm sure that's just darn coincidence right?

Here's the awful truth for the non-homer crowd:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2010.htm

I assume it related to how Wade wanted his gameplan. But I'm just trying to apply consistent standards.

You may or may not recall, but when Garrett took over from Wade the mantra around the organization was, "accountability." Perhaps Garrett holding players accountable where Wade didn't improved their execution on Sundays.

And if anyone wants to hear the story about who's offense gakked up the week one game against the Commanders by passing the ball from his own end just before the half, let me know and I'll tell that one too.

So why isn't your beef with the current coordinators? Every game in the NFL can come down to a failure from one of three units. Apparently Wade has a special place in your eyes since he's the only HC who was only half responsible for his team's gameplan and execution.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Sounds like you hear just what you want to hear.

After all, you think it's "irrelevant" that Garrett was hired first and at one time got paid more.

As if any sane organization does that.
:facepalm:

An appeal to popularity isn't an argument.

Dre11

Reaction score
Called my post foolish, but doesn't have a basic grasp of the English language. I believe you meant his players were* done with him. I wouldn't expect someone who supports Jason Garrett as our head coach to have much intelligence. Thank you for proving me right.

Oh wow, we have a grammar police...lol

Btw I think you meant to use “ “ and not *...lol