Which Pizza Is Best?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Out of those 5 I need to choose one, no thanks ill pass.

Any of you old schoolers remember back in the day Pizza Hut used to have wonderful pizza. A nice place with a candle and a red tablecloth on every table where you could enjoy some great pizza. Then what happened you ask? They, as well as several other places{taco bell, KfC} were bought out by PepsiCo/Yum Foods and its been all downhill from that point.
Yes its true folks, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC all used to be leagues better back in the day.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've always meant to make that trip. Have you had Patxi's yet? And if so, does it compare to Zacks?

Yea, when I lived in Palo Alto, Patxi's was a staple, maybe three times a month. They are pretty comparable but I would give the edge to Zachary's because of the sauce alone. But, if you want to go south towards Colma, you have to try Cybelle's Pizza, their linguica sausage is the best that I ever had. That is if you aren't afraid to visit the city of the dead :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, when I lived in Palo Alto, Patxi's was a staple, maybe three times a month. They are pretty comparable but I would give the edge to Zachary's because of the sauce alone. But, if you want to go south towards Colma, you have to try Cybelle's Pizza, their linguica sausage is the best that I ever had. That is if you aren't afraid to visit the city of the dead :)

I"m there the next time I'm heading that way. I hadn't heard of Cybelle's yet. I used to hit that Patxi's in PA all the time, too. It's a small world for us Cowboys fans, being America's Team and all.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I"m there the next time I'm heading that way. I hadn't heard of Cybelle's yet. I used to hit that Patxi's in PA all the time, too. It's a small world for us Cowboys fans, being America's Team and all.

I'll buy ya a beer or two when we return. Heading back to Beverly Hills in August but will slowly make our way back to the Bay Area :)

jnday

Reaction score
Little Ceasars is just trash pizza, waiting in the warmer for people too lazy to wait 10 minutes for better pizza.

Exactly, and they are cheap too. They sell a lot of that crap though.

Ren

Reaction score
Best pizza I ever had was some random place in NY 20 years ago don't remember name don't think I ever even looked at it but the taste of that pizza is burned into my memory. I have also had pizza in Italy and even that didn't come close

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Best pizza I ever had was some random place in NY 20 years ago don't remember name don't think I ever even looked at it but the taste of that pizza is burned into my memory. I have also had pizza in Italy and even that didn't come close

Man... you can walk into anyplace with "Rays" in its tittle and have a good slice.. "Not Ray's", "Ray's", "Original Ray's", "Ray'sII", "Ray's III".... The only places you have to be careful about in NYC is the dollar pizza spots... those are 50/50... most other spots, you are good...... (Grimaldi's is overrated btw, for anyone that's familiar... good, but overrated)

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Bruno's pizza for where I live.....couple brick oven place that are good as well

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of those 5 I need to choose one, no thanks ill pass.

Any of you old schoolers remember back in the day Pizza Hut used to have wonderful pizza. A nice place with a candle and a red tablecloth on every table where you could enjoy some great pizza. Then what happened you ask? They, as well as several other places{taco bell, KfC} were bought out by PepsiCo/Yum Foods and its been all downhill from that point.
Yes its true folks, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC all used to be leagues better back in the day.

I remember those days. I used to look forward to eating there on HS dates (or any other time). I thought their pizza was really good. I actually longed for the days when Pizza Hut would deliver because back then they didn't. I don't like their pizza at all anymore. They've gone cheap and the quality suffers big time. The one saving grace the big pizza chains used to have is their delivery, but it's gotten so expensive and it usually takes up to an hour to get bad pizza I don't even think about them anymore. I used to be a pizza driver part-time while I was in the Air Force so it pains me to say it's too expensive for delivery. There are a few pizza places around here that are tons better. I worked in Manhattan in 2008 for 6 months and one of the greatest things about that was the awesome pizza on just about every corner. I never had a bad pizza.

jnday

Reaction score
Hands down, Pizza Hut!

25 years ago, Pizza Hut made great pizza. It was no contest IMO. For some reason, they changed. It is no better than the others now. They recently built a new store and closed the old one in my hometown. I hoped it would be better, but it is much worse. Another problem is that the new store takes up to a hour to have the pizza ready if you call the order in. It is not due to them being that busy. They just drag around.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Can get Lou Malnati's shipped from Chicago -- best frozen pizza by far.

Original deep-dish style since the 40's. Several iconic locations in Chicago.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
California Pizza Kitchen is ok for the left coast but it is more like a restaurant, they don't deliver. Decent pizza but they ruin most of them with that healthy, weird California toppings stuff.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The list is awful.

I don't know what terrible franchise version of these places the people who did the list have been but good God.

Little Ceasars is TERRIBLE. It's awful pizza.

How it's any higher than 5 is just bad luck on your part on the other places.

Out of the ones you listed there I have never had the SB one so I don't know anything about that one but the rest I've had. We have them all in my hometown, except Papa Johns which we used to have.

Out of those Papa Johns was far and away the best. It wasn't even close.

Dominos is garbage. It's only 1 run above the awful that is Little Ceasars.