CZ POLL Which players do you want off the team for 2023?

Which players do you want off the team for 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeven

Reaction score
Zeke has never regained the burst he showed in 2016.
His speed goes up-and-down a little bit with his conditioning but the burst has never come back like it was. This is Jerry simply overpaying a player before he needed to.
I think Zeke had some bad coaching. He dives at the ground on contact, does not seem to keep his eyes open looking for path of least resistance. Running like a bull up your blockers back is good for those 1-2 yards. Rarely sees the field. I blame Garret.

Players regressed after Garret exposure.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I won’t make a blanket statement that I want them off the team. They all have some value and they all give a good effort. I will say I’d love to see some off the team because we actually replaced them with better players, especially the receivers.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As ticked off and disappointed as I am right now in Dak, I still want him back for another year or two with one condition......a new OC. Here's my thinking......he's proven he can get you to the post-season and even win a game or two. Remember we were only one game from NFCCG and two games from Super Bowl. Can another OC or new system elevate him enough to reach these next two levels? I honestly don't know but IMO he's close enough to where you have to try, especially with everything invested in him. But I would also bring in some competition.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke need to be gone. But we are stuck with Dak so we need to do the next best thing. Shore up the offensive line - get stronger on the defensive line. We need better TE's - this might be where the draft for the Cowboys will need to go. Would love to draft a QB but I don't think that can happen till next year or the year after once Dak and his horrible contract are in the rearview mirror. Whatever you do, do not extend Dak.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’d like to see us move on from Dak and Zeke but unfortunately the awful contracts keep them here at least another season (two for Dak).

Guys that realistically need to go are:

*Barr - JAG that will get a decent offer elsewhere.

*Ant Brown - need an upgrade here and we already have Lewis coming back from injury. We don’t need another CB coming off injury.

*Maher - can’t trust the guy

*Schultz - really disappointing season and someone will overpay.

*Joseph - cut dead weight

Zeke, Dak and Tyron will probably all restructure in some facet.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Give Gallup one more shot to establish himself as #2. If he gets injured early, then cut him.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'd keep Quinn.. the rest of the coaches can go. MM has consistently shown an inability to prepare this team to start well.. and has very poor clock management. We have a woeful record of close games with him at the helm.

If we could move on from Dak and Zeke.. we would be in a much better position to improve the overall list.

I would, in a minority view I'm sure, consider keeping Zeke IF he restructured into a MUCH more team friendly and affordable deal. I still think he has some juice left in the right scheme with the right team. But it would have to be a massive pay cut. Massive.
I don’t know how you blame MM for Dak’s deficiencies.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Does it really matter? A few years picking in the top 10 maybe we'll get lucky.
You and all the rest of the fans will be quiet as they go 2-15 for a couple years because it will be possibly be good for the future? I highly doubt that. They were a couple of overtime losses away from being a 14 win team. Winning out on the road to get to the Super Bowl is a tough ask. I'd much rather see them in the dance with a chance, than watch them win a couple games and get a decent draft pick. Besides, they've had fairly successful drafts as it is.

Verdict

Reaction score
As ticked off and disappointed as I am right now in Dak, I still want him back for another year or two with one condition......a new OC. Here's my thinking......he's proven he can get you to the post-season and even win a game or two. Remember we were only one game from NFCCG and two games from Super Bowl. Can another OC or new system elevate him enough to reach these next two levels? I honestly don't know but IMO he's close enough to where you have to try, especially with everything invested in him. But I would also bring in some competition.
I am not raining on your post, but what is going to change Dak’s propensity to throw interceptions? It’s not like ANY OC is going to say hey Dak, please stare down your receiver and throw an int.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You and all the rest of the fans will be quiet as they go 2-15 for a couple years because it will be possibly be good for the future? I highly doubt that. They were a couple of overtime losses away from being a 14 win team. Winning out on the road to get to the Super Bowl is a tough ask. I'd much rather see them in the dance with a chance, than watch them win a couple games and get a decent draft pick. Besides, they've had fairly successful drafts as it is.
Yep. lets stay the status quo. Other teams go up and down but we stay the same. You have to really try to be as bad in the playoffs as we are. what are we now...5-12 the last 27 years? The only thing is I don't think the front office is smart enough to find a real QB. They draft good enough just so we can be relevant. That's all they want. They sell hope and fans eat it up.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Yep. lets stay the status quo. Other teams go up and down but we stay the same. You have to really try to be as bad in the playoffs as we are. what are we now...5-12 the last 27 years? The only thing is I don't think the front office is smart enough to find a real QB. They draft good enough just so we can be relevant. That's all they want. They sell hope and fans eat it up.
If it was as easy as you are implying it is, then anyone could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.