News: Whitlock 160 Million was a mistake

FVSTONE

Reaction score
https://www.theblaze.com/fearless/oped/whitlock-dak-prescott-contract-mistake

Dallas’ $40-million-a-year quarterback is worth half as much as Brady but is paid twice as much as the seven-time Super Bowl champion. At age 45 and entering his 23rd season, Brady charged the Bucs $15 million this season for his services.

Good read. Dak was never worth this contract. Jerry was bidding against no-one and way overpaid for a QB that is at best average and coming off a big injury.
Unfortunately, I was out of town the day JJ needed advise about signing Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot. Had he and I spoken the deal would have never happened..........................ha-haaaaaa!

My3Sons

Reaction score
nope only this one game and Their salary can be used..dont give a flying chicken poops worth of care what they HAVE done Staford forced ball's up some rookie and its not NEW 17 ints led the leagues last year..
Inexcusable to have 3 turnovers let alone 5 from your 40mil+ qbs..sorry but no matter what else they do they LOST and it was squarely on them,. Murray also lost bad game.. carr did nothing but choke it up 3 INTs and 2 Fumbles times

how clueless are you to excuse BAD FOOTBALL you now trying to count hollow garbage stat padding from qb when they all were to blame directly for their losses.

THET LOST THE GAMEs LOOKS mean nothing stats mean nothing.

that all that matters those mistakes cost their team. Period end of story.

yes Russ didnt choke the game away BUT this place states its what you do when it counts and he did not get them into the endzone PERIOD when you get new giant deal far greater then daks your offense should score more than that, hes the leader hes the savior that came over and guess what, LOST he did not carry nor overcome his coaches of his teams' mistakes. Much like dak haters expect here.he left Seattle for more weapons and better shot and failed his first time out.

Blueblood, I am not the grammar police, but your posts are a hot mess.

For the rest, you should try watching football before arguing about what you didn't watch.

Have a good day!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The old wife bs is what QB deprived fans try to use. TB12 wants rings he take less to get more. For most players now it’s give me the money and Jerry did just that.

Not to mention the fact that anything he lost in base salary the man has more than made up for it in endorsements.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Blueblood, I am not the grammar police, but your posts are a hot mess.

For the rest, you should try watching football before arguing about what you didn't watch.

Have a good day!
no you got served and don't like it its 100% readable, you dont like it

so that's your go to move, say you can t read, that might be the issue. text speak is 100% acceptable in the SM world...those QBS were horrible period, i watched 4-5 TOS each, thats terrible. now go swallow a cactus. troll hating is nearly as bad as Pappy..

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I like Whitlock, but he is out of touch on this one. The bigger issue is jerry was sold on Dak as a franchise QB and waked the deal in himself.
Whitlock hit the nail on the head. Actually Dak is fleecing others fro around $200 million including endorsements. Dak is not worth $5 million. And it is only going to get worse. If Rush plays well, I would make him the starter vs Dak. Tank is another freeloader doing jack squat.

Shane612

Reaction score
GM Jerry should be fired for Dak's contract alone, but we all know why he can't be fired.

ghst187

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was actually available…cost some draft picks but he was known to be a franchise guy…Jerry is hell bent on trying to look smart and overpay undertalented guys as long as he drafted them…which is part of the reason we are in the state we’re in now..

td4mvp2k

Reaction score
Just sayin...

PydRti8.png
Makes me sick to my stomach

GINeric

Reaction score

Dallas’ $40-million-a-year quarterback is worth half as much as Brady but is paid twice as much as the seven-time Super Bowl champion. At age 45 and entering his 23rd season, Brady charged the Bucs $15 million this season for his services.

Good read. Dak was never worth this contract. Jerry was bidding against no-one and way overpaid for a QB that is at best average and coming off a big injury.

There are lots of quarterbacks who make more than Brady... so thats a moot point.

Now other than Brady... and MAYBE Mahomes.... which quarterback is truly worth their max contracts??? Dak earned the contract he got, when he got it. But tell me other than the two I've named, who TRULY earned their max dollars....

Swagger

Reaction score
In March 2020, Ryan Tannehill signed a 4 year extension to an elapsing contract worth $118 million with only $62 million guaranteed.

In his first 26 regular season games he had 55 TDs with 13 INTs and helped take the team to the AFC Championship winning 2 play off games in the process.

In the 44 regular season games he has started for the Titans he is 30-14 with 2 play off wins.

78 TDs
27 INTs

2019 Pro Bowl

It's not amazing but a solid return and that's the type of contract that should be handed out to a good bus driver type of a QB.

A year after Tannehill was given the above contract, having just been paid $31.4 million for the 2020 season Dak Prescott was handed a 4 year contract worth $160 million but with $126 million guaranteed.

And people wonder why the team is in this mess...

Xeven

Reaction score
Super great guy just not super great QB. He got lucky, he came to a team that was in good shape and benefited from it. 2016 team elevated Dak above where he actually is. I do not hate on Dak but I want Dallas to win and think it is time to put Dak on the bench and find an elite QB.

Jerry is the one to blame, not Dak. Dak you are one lucky 4th rounder! Good on ya.

I think Jerry will fail till he gives Jimmy his due. Karma is a *****.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Whitlock hit the nail on the head. Actually Dak is fleecing others fro around $200 million including endorsements. Dak is not worth $5 million. And it is only going to get worse. If Rush plays well, I would make him the starter vs Dak. Tank is another freeloader doing jack squat.

You're bitter.

And envious, obviously.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Enough time has passed for you to be over the Dak contract. Let it go, man.