Who’s decision was it to make Pollard the primary back?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I'm talking about winning games against a very tough schedule. Where did I mention Superbowls?

In case you haven't noticed, their redzone success is pretty low.
If the end result is the same, what difference does it make.

kskboys

Reaction score
Blocking scheme and Oline play are not the only factors for a running game to be succesful, if that was true anybody could push the pile and run between the tackles.

We need a RB with power and that can break the first tackle and get the though yards in the red zone, that is not TP's game, he is more effective when the defense is already worked out and he uses his speed running outside the tackles.
So weird that some think the talent of the RB doesn't matter. Just so odd.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Where do y'all get this stuff from? I didn't do a head count or anything, but many never believed it.
Only way you missed the conversations is if you never logged on here last season.

Zeke vs Pollard threads were an every day occurrence and I can assure you very few thought Zeke should be starting and given most snaps over Pollard.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Only way you missed the conversations is if you never logged on here last season.

Zeke vs Pollard threads were an every day occurrence and I can assure you very few thought Zeke should be starting and given most snaps over Pollard.
100% true

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the Board helped make that decision. Zeke was the reigning Fall Guy. Have we forgotten the Zeke hate? TPollard heaped tons of praise on this board last year, and we're here now?
I know it's hard for some here to understand, but the decision to move on from Zeke was made by the FO. No one from the FO makes player acquisitions or player cuts based on comments made here.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not only that, we have done this(and ruined) several RBs. Trying to make a good comp back into a bell cow. Felix Jones, Darren McFadden, Marion Barber. Why are we so bad at evaluating personnel?
The worst part about this pattern is that we have been so anxious to move on from actual bellcow backs as soon as the backup flashes a little bit. Julius Jones to Barber.. mistake.. Barber to Felix Jones.. mistake.. Felix Jones to Murray.. genius.. Murray to Randle.. uh no.. Randle to the street good move..McFadden to Zeke.. genius... Zeke to Pollard.. again.. no.. I honestly don't understand why this is so hard for this organization. It literally two of the 10 greatest RBs of all time in its history yet can't seem to figure out the RB position for more more than a few years. The only reason they didn't dump Zeke after year 4 or 5 was he held out and got his money. They were hellbent on doing the same thing to him that they did to Murray.. Kudos to him and his agent for not allowing it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The worst part about this pattern is that we have been so anxious to move on from actual bellcow backs as soon as the backup flashes a little bit. Julius Jones to Barber.. mistake.. Barber to Felix Jones.. mistake.. Felix Jones to Murray.. genius.. Murray to Randle.. uh no.. Randle to the street good move..McFadden to Zeke.. genius... Zeke to Pollard.. again.. no.. I honestly don't understand why this is so hard for this organization. It literally two of the 10 greatest RBs of all time in its history yet can't seem to figure out the RB position for more more than a few years. The only reason they didn't dump Zeke after year 4 or 5 was he held out and got his money. They were hellbent on doing the same thing to him that they did to Murray.. Kudos to him and his agent for not allowing it.
I almost forgot.. these idiots thought Troy Hambrick could replace the NFL's all time leading rusher.. My word!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
You don't think the coaches decide who starts... especially before they sign massive deals?
Seriously?
Absolutely not. On most team, yes, on this one, no.

Why? Because the evidence just kept piling up until it became obvious that Jerry had a lot to do w/ who was playing. Like you, I didn't believe it at first either, but man, the data was just too clear. Jerry dictates a ton about this team, and of that there is no doubt.

Cmac

Reaction score
I know it's hard for some here to understand, but the decision to move on from Zeke was made by the FO. No one from the FO makes player acquisitions or player cuts based on comments made here.
You're absolutely correct....A bit of sarcasm on my part......for the hate on Zeke administered on the board, in the past. Now the irony is the FO moved Zeke out, and our RB situation isn't better than anticipated, one way or the other. Too funny about the FO decision making......but not funny when the real contenders make moves that appear to be working better than what we're doing, and our GM is spewing about trade deals now.......watch what happens.

kskboys

Reaction score
Easy answer. They are not football people. And even worse, they have no interest in doing the necessary work, research, and evaluation to become football people.

Don't forget, Jerry believes we won 3 super bowls because of the triplets. He was apparently drunk the whole time, because that's the only way you could miss that those were D teams.

Ask Jerry. He does not know why Emmit was good.

And he seems to fall for what many on this site fall for consistently. They believe that the RB doesn't matter, that any RB is just as good as another. It's a failure to evaluate and understand talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're absolutely correct....A bit of sarcasm on my part......for the hate on Zeke administered on the board, in the past. Now the irony is the FO moved Zeke out, and our RB situation isn't better than anticipated, one way or the other. Too funny about the FO decision making......but not funny when the real contenders make moves that appear to be working better than what we're doing, and our GM is spewing about trade deals now.......watch what happens.
Zeke was always going to be cut at this point of his contract. That's where the money became too big.

The mistake was not cutting Zeke, the mistake was not acquiring a quality RB to share carries w/ Pollard. Did we even check the tires on good backs such as Samaje Perine, James Robinson, or Damien Harris? Those are just 3 guys I know who appear to be good power backs.

And the funny thing is, these power tough yards type backs don't generally cost a fortune. Everyone wants a HR hitter at RB, but you need a short yards guy to side your HR hitter.

It's OK for fans to fall for the HR thingie, it is not OK if your GM buys into it.

Sydla

Reaction score
The focus on Pollard here is misguided. He's not the primary issue as to why our run game is scuffling. The OL has not been all that great run blocking and McCarthy isn't a great OC. Has Pollard been great? No.

But on a list of problems with our run game, Pollard isn't the first one we should be focusing on.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zeke was always going to be cut at this point of his contract. That's where the money became too big.

The mistake was not cutting Zeke, the mistake was not acquiring a quality RB to share carries w/ Pollard. Did we even check the tires on good backs such as Samaje Perine, James Robinson, or Damien Harris? Those are just 3 guys I know who appear to be good power backs.

And the funny thing is, these power tough yards type backs don't generally cost a fortune. Everyone wants a HR hitter at RB, but you need a short yards guy to side your HR hitter.

It's OK for fans to fall for the HR thingie, it is not OK if your GM buys into it.
Truth.

A lot of fans on here said we didn't need to pay/draft a RB.

RBs are a 'dime a dozen' and you just need someone/anyone to carry the rock.

Jerry must have been listening.

Cause we went with scrubs.

Of course it wasn't going to work out.