Who’s decision was it to make Pollard the primary back?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The issue isn't the running back, it's the offensive line...
Team game so fault on all sides….

- injuries. Pollard has lost a step. Steele playing poor ball at RT negating the outside runs which is where Pollard can make yards.
- Cowboys GM, Coaches failed to realize how much he would still need a physical back to spell him in relief, esp. w lingering injury
- offensive line as a whole has been disappointing and hurt. Just got the band back together and they’re still full of dings
- new offense, just like old offense, not executing enough passing plays for Pollard where he again shows his skills in space
- TE backups suck. Had to quickly bring McKeon back so could get some trustworthy blockers back

He’s solid back right now, not a world burner. Let’s not pretend like he’s a dud. But fix above and probably get something more.

CCBoy

Reaction score
  • The Rams have all kinds of question marks at running back. After trading away Cam Akers to Minnesota, the Rams figured to give the snaps to Kyren Williams, who has been out lately with an injury. That has forced quite a carousel of backs, including Zach Evans, Royce Freeman and Darrell Henderson Jr. Last week, Freeman had a team-high 66 rushing yards while Henderson added 61 and a touchdown. This week, it could be more of a committee again when they face the Cowboys.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/big-picture-10-storylines-for-cowboys-rams-2023

Pollard should easily produce much more strongly than do the Rams, in this game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Now we see that even with a declining Elliot he still banged in the middle and softened them up. It allowed Pollard to do his thing. Or maybe Pollard don’t want to get injured, he knows he will be gone after this year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Now we see that even with a declining Elliot he still banged in the middle and softened them up. It allowed Pollard to do his thing. Or maybe Pollard don’t want to get injured, he knows he will be gone after this year.
You are implying the man is a coward?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whomever it was should be fired. PLEASE TRADE FOR A REAL #1 RB!
HA HA HA HA and what all about all the Zeke hate and how this was the guy to make it happen????
HA HA HA HA what the matter Rocky need someone to carry this most inept offense of ours?
By the way, why do we still have WR out on the field?
They are pretty much useless for our offense????

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"Zeke is paid too much he needs to be cut, Pollard is better."
"Pollard needs a better line"
"We need a legit RB."

The evolution of the Dallas Cowboy fan.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m more disappointed in Brian schottenheimer. The guys value really comes in the ability to have a creative run game. Maybe we have that the issue is MM refuses to call anything other than a dive play but I’m not sure Pollard is being set up for success at all in this offense.
Disappointment in Brian Schottenheimer means you had higher expectations for Brian Schottenheimer.

The problem is you.

jgboys1

Reaction score
About 95% of the people on this board. I know it sounds cold but did not want to resign him after that injury he had in last years playoff lost.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The tag automatically places you in the top 5 at your position. How is that not #1 money?
Because it’s not a long term deal. It’s just how I view it. Big money contracts to me are ones you can’t get out from because of the cap hit. One year deals are rentals. You can let him go after this season no problem.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dude. The idea that Jerry had more than a passive awareness of Jones is a stretch and the idea that he thought RJ was some kind of answer is just silly.

We had RB needs. I really don’t think that RJ, half a step from being cut or at best on the PS, was part of Jerry’s plan doesn’t make any sense.

Let’s be upset that we didnt properly address RB but let’s take Jones out of the discussion.
Its the truth what I said. He was hoping RJ might have something left to offer us. Not sure why u are set on creating a weird argument when we basically agree. We need to address the line and rb. Because we used duct tape instead of doing what was required. This is a great team if we can do both things.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And to top it all off, we draft a height impaired RB. Mini-me is just part of the circus show Jerry has assembled.
While I am mystified that DV hasn't made an impact, lets ask, how do we really know what he can bring when he never see's the field? I think we need to see more to gage it, not less...ie cutting him. Can't judge a guy when the coach won't use him. At KState he ran all over Bama and other great teams loaded with NFL talent. The kid can do it. He needs an opportunity. MM luvs his vets. To a fault at times. His size has 0 to do with it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pollard got real #1 money. You don’t pay him that and then immediately go get someone else. He’s the guy
he is not the guy. he just gets paid like one. he is a complimentary back. he has always been a complimentary back. now pushed to start and he is struggling.

kskboys

Reaction score
While I am mystified that DV hasn't made an impact, lets ask, how do we really know what he can bring when he never see's the field? I think we need to see more to gage it, not less...ie cutting him. Can't judge a guy when the coach won't use him. At KState he ran all over Bama and other great teams loaded with NFL talent. The kid can do it. He needs an opportunity. MM luvs his vets. To a fault at times. His size has 0 to do with it.
When he plays, for some weird inexplicable reason they run him inside. Strangest thing I've ever seen.