Who are you guys hoping falls to us at #27?

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Im kinda torn I know we need OL help badly but if say Brandon Spikes fell too us at #27 I would love for us to get him, and dont get me wrong I love Brooking but hes gonna be 35 and Spikes is a guy who can make a difference asap here!!

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
ctrous25;3249162 said:
Im kinda torn I know we need OL help badly but if say Brandon Spikes fell too us at #27 I would love for us to get him, and dont get me wrong I love Brooking but hes gonna be 35 and Spikes is a guy who can make a difference asap here!!
Mt Cody then the Rat can move to DE.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Silver N Blue;3249179 said:

Why? Ratliff is just fine where he's at. That position is a few notches below the most important need.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

I think its way past time for people to give up on this idea. Wade and Ratliff have both stated a few times he's staying at NT.

JPM

Reaction score
dbair1967;3249195 said:
I think its way past time for people to give up on this idea. Wade and Ratliff have both stated a few times he's staying at NT.
He's made the Pro Bowl at NT twice so it's painfully obvious he needs to move to DE.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OT Bugala but I will say if Earl Thomas is there at 27 (highly doubt it) I would have no issue pulling the trigger on getting him

JPM

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3249263 said:
this pick i love or brandon spikes or dez bryant; get either one of those and im happy
I'd be a happy little camper too.

SharutoX

I Love Quiznos
Reaction score
Not really informed when it comes to the draft but is there any good receivers coming out of the draft this year? I remember last year i heard about alot of good receivers coming out(heyward bey, crabtree, maclin, harvin). The only name that comes to mind is golden tate but ive never seen him play

Big Dakota

Reaction score
On pure talent, Dunlap, but he'd have to really impress in interviews, in which case he's gone before 27.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Last Iowa LT to be taken high is now a decent guard, thats what.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd;3249311 said:
Last Iowa LT to be taken high is now a decent guard, thats what.

and that has nothing to do with Bugala. Yes they went to the same school if you avoid players of certain school because one of their former players did not live up to the billing then you may as well skip the draft, every school out there has had guys who did not live up to the hype.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you just took all the effectiveness out of the NT spot and ratliff. DEs in the 3-4 dont' get much sacks like their counter parts in the 4-3 scheme and they sacrifice being double teamed so the OLBs can make plays. Ratliff would end up the same way. if you look at the DEs in the 3-4 none of have any type ofguady stats. most play against tackle guard combinations which is hard to beat. their job is to free the OLB and you can do that with a marcus spears or another big wide body at the end.

he is unique in the 3-4 NT spot because of his tenacity and quickness and playing against less atheltic linemen like centers and collapsing the pocket.

I would vote against rat moving to end spot. it would be a huge waste of his talents and if that ever happens everyone will either say he has lost it or we should move him back to NT.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Iupati, the guard from idaho would be nice, maybe trade down a few spots and pick up Fox, the Tackle from Miami. Corey Wooten, the DE from Northwestern would be a nice 2nd round pick, but with all the teams going 3-4, he won't be there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ctrous25;3249162 said:

Both of these are good looking players. I have read some things with Spikes that might mean he could tumble into the second round or even later. Inside linebackers do slip sometimes. There are some that carry first round reputations and slide deeper into the draft. A good example of this was Pual Poslusny. Bradie James was considered a second round type and slipped, so was Dat Nguyen. Ali Highsmith fell completely out of the draft. Paul Poslusny of the Bills was a similar case. He could also be like Brandon Siler who had a big reputation but ended up not carrying a high choice tag.

Cody would be one of the few NTs in this draft I would even consider moving Ratliff for. Regardless, he would be a fine backup and give us the option.

I want OL more obviously. I have my eye on Mike Iapati, who could be this year's version of Unger.