Who are you guys hoping falls to us at #27?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Alexander;3249364 said:
Not really. Kiper and others have speculated he could slip to the fourth round area if he does not run well. Some are concerned he would have the lateral speed and explosiveness to be a true impact MLB.

I do not see it but that's what they say. I do agree he could be a product of a talented overall defense at Florida though.

Brandon spikes was suspended for guaging a uga runningbacks eyes after a play. That would be a character issue

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast;3249781 said:
Brandon spikes was suspended for guaging a uga runningbacks eyes after a play. That would be a character issue

To an extent maybe but that seems to be an isolated incident he has not been a problem player at least that I know of.

not_a_homer

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3249312 said:
and that has nothing to do with Bugala. Yes they went to the same school if you avoid players of certain school because one of their former players did not live up to the billing then you may as well skip the draft, every school out there has had guys who did not live up to the hype.

It's Bulaga, people.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
We've spent entirely too many 1st round picks on the defense in the past 10 years.

Its about time we give the offense some help.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Big Dakota;3249306 said:
On pure talent, Dunlap, but he'd have to really impress in interviews, in which case he's gone before 27.

I'm hoping his DUI will make him slip but he's such a physically gifted dynamic player that he won't make it out the top 15.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
THUMPER;3249452 said:
I don't watch much college football these days (my Saturdays are completely taken up) so I don't know individual players but I would like to see a solid OL fall to us. A WR would be my next choice. Taking yet another LB in round-1 would really piss me off!

i know thats right......

I would love to have

S-Earl Thomas (playmaker)

OT-Russell Okung...(i know its a pipe dream)

OT-Anthony Davis...

only Thomas has a shot at falling to us

The Realist

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC;3249322 said:
you just took all the effectiveness out of the NT spot and ratliff. DEs in the 3-4 dont' get much sacks like their counter parts in the 4-3 scheme and they sacrifice being double teamed so the OLBs can make plays. Ratliff would end up the same way. if you look at the DEs in the 3-4 none of have any type ofguady stats. most play against tackle guard combinations which is hard to beat. their job is to free the OLB and you can do that with a marcus spears or another big wide body at the end.

he is unique in the 3-4 NT spot because of his tenacity and quickness and playing against less atheltic linemen like centers and collapsing the pocket.

I would vote against rat moving to end spot. it would be a huge waste of his talents and if that ever happens everyone will either say he has lost it or we should move him back to NT.

3-4 NT's don't get gaudy stats especially sacks unless you are Ratliff where is double teamed all the time. He wouldn't get those double teams at DE. Like you said he is unique as a 3-4 NT. He would be unique at 3-4 DE as well. If we draft Cody you have to double team him. Along with that you have to account for Ware and Spencer off the edge.

If you have Rat at RDE how do you block him and Ware on the same side?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
RS12;3249799 said:
O LINE! Didnt we learn anything Sunday?
Yea...that when both our starting tackles are hurt we will struggle. Big whoop.

thewireman

Reaction score
Heck if I know, don't even watch college football so I never have a clue who will be in the draft until I read about it on here. I just hope whoever the boys get will be worth while and not a bust

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
First, I hope we don't trade down. I hope we take the best cover DB available with the first pick and not some bloated hitter who can't (Mayes)--then we need OL help but could perhaps just take the best player available (have we reached the point to follow that Landry strategy)

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Spikes is way overhyped. He's not that fast or physical. There's a reason he didn't come out last year as a junior and it's not because he wanted to play another year with Tebow.

I don't know where this guy will be projected but a guy like Javy Arenas who can play man at the CB position and is an absolute STUD returner will be a good pick for someone.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Eric Berry. :D

Or just trade up with the Titans and take Earl if he's still on the board. Maybe work something with one of Dallas' DEs like Bowen or Hatcher.
Unless a better player was there like a LT.

I seriously would not be at all surprised if Jerry trades out of the 1st round and they go with 'projects' at OL etc. Which would be fine if he gets 2 1st for next year or 3 2nds. Whatever. :p:
Nobody knows what JJ will do lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score
dadymat;3249797 said:
i know thats right......

I would love to have

S-Earl Thomas (playmaker)

OT-Russell Okung...(i know its a pipe dream)

OT-Anthony Davis...

only Thomas has a shot at falling to us
Any of these three...but they all would have to fall with least likely Okung, then Davis, then Thomas. Okung could go top 5.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3250100 said:
I don't know where this guy will be projected but a guy like Javy Arenas who can play man at the CB position and is an absolute STUD returner will be a good pick for someone.
There's a real shot that Arenas is there for our second pick. I agree that the guy is special, but he's only 5'8". That's dicey at CB these days.