Who are you guys hoping falls to us at #27?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Unless there's something amazing there at 27, I"d be ok w/ Jerry dealing away the 1st round pick for more picks.

IMO, the only immediate need is at FS and maybe ILB. Everywhere else needs depth and guys that can develop into starters eventually.

Cherry

Reaction score
this wat Myron said he wolud fall in the draft.

When all is said and done where does Rolle expect to fall in the draft?

"I could be a second or third round pick with a good performance and strong workouts," he said.

Eddie

Reaction score
Here's my idea:

Move Rat to DE
Move Flo to ILB
Move Gurode to NT
Move Bennett to LT
Move Brookings to SS

This always works.

Reaction score
Avery;3250176 said:
Iupati is my target - let's get stronger and younger in the trenches. I think he's going to be a very good player.

Yeah he's going to be a really good one... How may guards actually get drafted in the 1st round though? He'll probably be a 2nd round pick.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Earl Thomas, or Dez Bryant. Would love a ballhawkin' safety or a wide reciever threat opposite Austin. Or a young MLB like Rolando McClain or Brandon Spikes. At where we pick we could possibly end up with Earl Thomas, Brandon LaFell, or Sean Lee if we stretch a bit.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
THUMPER;3249452 said:
I don't watch much college football these days (my Saturdays are completely taken up) so I don't know individual players but I would like to see a solid OL fall to us. A WR would be my next choice. Taking yet another LB in round-1 would really piss me off!

Me too, we have taken plenty of linebackers in the 1st round, its time to rebuild our offensive line. Remember that when we drafted larry allen, he played some his rookie year. Same for flozell adams a 2nd rounder, and erik williams a 3rd rounder. WE need a STUD on the offensive line, so when we need 3rd and 1 or 4th and one we can get it, and then when teams try to stop us, we can fool them with a pass or something.

I have read some on the draft picks but not awhole lot, but from what I have read and saw their are some players there you can get in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round for the offensive line.

I go with the thinking that you always take the best player available when you draft, regardless or position. Now, if it happens that a top OT Or OG or Wr or LB is there, then you chose what you need, but you never, ever reach for a player, you stay with your board and listen to your scouts.

To me, we need a top OT, top OG, speedy fleet WR, top S or CB, and a kickoff returner and punt returner and a kicker. If we can fill one of those positions with a top FREE AGENT, that fills one spot and if we can sign that kicker from canada if he is any good, (by that I mean what the coaches see when he is kicking FGs etc) then that fills another position.

That would fill 2 of our biggest needs, then we can concentrate with our top 3 picks in rounds 1-3 to fill the other needs.

You would still have your 4th rounder that you probably could trade down if u see players that you have bracketed, with enough players for trading down to still get a good player in the 4th round. Remember we got Choice in the 4th round by trading down best I remember. And you would recoup a 5th rounder to get a player that might can develop over a year or 2.

thats what I would do. Again, we dont need quanity of players like we did last year, with drafting 12 players, but we need quality players. We need at least 2 impact players that can help us right away.

Hopefully that OT and OG can be ready by the time we hit November and we can rest our starters like Columbo, Flozell, Kosier while the youngsters keep improving by playoff time this year.

ayjackson

Reaction score
Bruce Campbell, OT
Bryan Bulaga, OT
Golden Tate, WR
Dan Williams, DL
Perrish Cox, CB
Arrelious Benn, WR
Vladimir Ducasse, OG
Brandon LaFell, WR
Mike Iupati, OG
Brandon Spikes, ILB