Who are you guys hoping falls to us at #27?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Silver N Blue;3249179 said:
Mt Cody then the Rat can move to DE.

I did that in Madden. Traded up for Cody and moved Rat.

However, :madden:

We need his push from the interior more than the edge with Ware/Spencer.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
newlander;3249249 said:
Bugala of Iowa: LT

If he falls that far, we'd be an idiot not to snag him.

However that's a long shot. It's also a long shot for Spikes to fall to us. If he does, I'd love to have him.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3250120 said:

However that's a long shot. It's also a long shot for Spikes to fall to us. If he does, I'd love to have him.

What about that kid from Alabama? I can't think of his exact name Rolando McClain maybe.I think he has declared for the draft.

Craig

craig71

Reaction score
A mock draft I came across.

The Arizona Republic's Bob McManaman picks the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft, which is scheduled for April 22. First edition: Jan. 22, 2010

Pick Team Player Position College
St. Louis Rams
Ndamukong Suh DT
Nebraska
Comment: They might be tempted to draft a franchise quarterback, but the Rams can't afford to pass on one of the most compelling prospects in decades. Suh is a special player who can change the Rams' course of history.
Detroit Lions
Gerald McCoy DT
Oklahoma
Comment: After watching Matthew Stafford get sacked over and over again during his rookie season, the Lions could decide to go with the best offensive lineman in Oklahoma State's Russell Okung. Personally, I think they're better served adding to their defense with a legit player like McCoy.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Eric Berry S
Tennessee
Comment: They'd love a chance to get Suh, but it's not going to happen so they take Berry to bolster their secondary. He's a machine and they'll be happy.
Washington Commanders
Jimmy Clausen QB
Notre Dame
Comment: The only thing I'm hesitant about here is that I don't see Mike Shanahan coming to Washington expecting he's entering a rebuilding project. But that's what he gets – to an extent – if the Commanders take Clausen. Expect Jason Campbell to stick around at least until Clausen is ready to step in.
Kansas City Chiefs
Russell Okung OT
Oklahoma State
Comment: They could go in any direction, really, but the Chiefs will do the wise thing and take the best player available here and on my board, that's Okung.
Seattle Seahawks
Sam Bradford QB
Oklahoma
Comment: This might be a reach, but we know Pete Carroll is going to want a quarterback and despite his shoulder woes, Bradford is an accurate, well-groomed choice. They could decide to trade down to acquire more picks, however, and then get a quarterback a little later.
Cleveland Browns
Joe Haden CB
Florida
Comment: The Browns have to go defense here and Haden is the best cornerback in a thin draft class at that position. They could go for a pass rusher or interior defensive lineman, but Hadan grades out as a top 5 prospect by most scouting services.
Oakland Raiders
Derrick Morgan DE
Georgia Tech
Comment: You never know what the Raiders are going to do on Draft Day, but they typically fall in love with a certain player and take him higher than most teams. That could be the case with Morgan, or maybe a safety like Taylor Mays from USC or Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap.
Buffalo Bills
Anthony Davis OT
Rutgers
Comment: They've pretty much indicated they want to address the offensive line and Davis would provide plenty of stability up front. Keep an eye on Iowa's Bryan Bulaga and Maryland's Bruce Campbell.
10*
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tim Tebow QB
Florida
Comment: This definitely feels like a reach until you consider as much as anything, the Jaguars are dying for relevance and Tebow, a huge fan favorite in this part of Florida, would help sell tickets. They may be too tempted by that to take the best player available.
11*
Denver Broncos
Dez Bryant WR
Oklahoma State
Comment: Figuring the Broncos will somehow cut ties with Brandon Marshall, they'll need another special wideout and Bryant, despite missing all of last season due to NCAA violations, could be the target assuming he does well at the Scouting Combine.
Miami Dolphins
Rolando McClain LB
Alabama
Comment: I'm expecting a smart and safe pick here by Bill Parcells, who has shown a tendency to draft linebackers like this early. McClain is a beast, one of a few I really like in this draft. The Dolphins will love this pick.
San Francisco 49ers
Bryan Bulaga OT
Iowa
Comment: One of the reasons the running game didn't quite pan out this past season was because of some problems on the offensive line. The 49ers will revert back to last year's original plan with more of a ball-control plan if Bulaga can step in right away. They'll still throw the ball because of targets like Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis, but they need a big tackle to keep them honest.
Seattle Seahawks
C.J. Spiller RB
Clemson
Comment: Assuming they got their quarterback with their first pick in Round 1, imagine how happy Pete Carroll will be if he's able to land Spiller, too? This is a guy that reminds me of the Titans' Chris Johnson – a speed burner with mad skills who can completely change the course of a game with one or two big plays. If Seattle pulls these two picks off, they're in awesome shape.
New York Giants
Brian Price DT
UCLA
Comment: They've had issues and injuries on the defensive line and Price, a junior, was probably wise to declare early. He could go even higher than this, perhaps to Oakland at No. 8 or Miami at No. 12. The Giants will be happy to have him if he falls to them at No. 15.
16*
Tennessee Titans
Jason Pierre-Paul DE
South Florida
Comment: Looking to upgrade at defensive end since losing Albert Haynesworth as a free agent to the Commanders, the Titans could get lucky with this pick. If it's not Pierre-Paul, they could go with USC's Everson Griffen or Florida's Carlos Dunlap. If they're looking for some local ties, they could take Tennessee nose tackle Dan Williams, who would be another good fit.
17*
San Francisco 49ers
Taylor Mays S
USC
Comment: Something keeps telling me the 49ers will go for a defensive lineman here, especially if they've already found their offensive lineman at No. 13. But Mays is going to start climbing up people's boards, including mine, and he may be too irresistible to pass. The 49ers could use some help in the secondary, though mostly at cornerback. Mays is a monster, though.
Pittsburgh Steelers
Earl Thomas S
Texas
Comment: He's young, a sophomore-eligible draftee, but the Steelers would love to develop this ball-hawking free safety and showcase him across the field with veteran Troy Polamalu. Their depth at the position is getting noticeably weaker. It might not be the safest pick, but it will be a rewarding one with a little patience. He could fall to Houston at No. 20.
19*
Atlanta Falcons
Everson Griffen DE
USC
Comment: The former Agua Fria standout can step in and help a team's pass rush right away. In fact, he may be long gone by the time the Falcons get to pick. But I think his true value won't be known until after the Scouting Combine, like a lot of these players.
20*
Houston Texans
Donovan Warren CB
Michigan
Comment: I don't think there is any way the Texans draft for offense with this pick. They could use help in their secondary and Warren would provide a lot of it if he's as good as I think he is. Don't be misled by the Wolverines' lack of success the past few years. This kid looks like the real deal.
Cincinnati Bengals
Arrelious Benn WR
Illinois
Comment: There's no question they need another wideout to compliment Chad Ochocinco and Benn could be the choice here. He's a junior and it may take a year or two before he's totally polished, but he's an interesting pick.
New England Patriots
Jermaine Gresham TE
Oklahoma
Comment: The Patriots tend to draft shrewdly, but hardly ever to predictable form. This year, I can see them going after Gresham because Ben Watson just hasn't lived up to expectations and Tom Brady is going to need another target, especially if Wes Welker isn't ready to start the season because of his knee injury. Gresham had knee problems, too, but that shouldn't be a factor.
Green Bay Packers
Bruce Campbell OT
Maryland
Comment: Depending on who and what you believe, Campbell could go as high as a top 10 pick or drop to the bottom third of the first round. The Packers need help up front, though, and would love to add a younger left tackle they can groom into a cornerstone. Campbell is not a bad way to start.
Philadelphia Eagles
Carlos Dunlap DE
Florida
Comment: Dunlap's stock has slipped after being recently charged with a DUI, but Andy Reid wasn't afraid to sign Michael Vick and he won't be afraid to draft Dunlap, a player he is said to really like. The Eagles will go offensive or defensive line here, regardless, although there are some tempting linebackers still available.
Baltimore Ravens
Jerry Hughes LB
TCU
Comment: I really like this player. He's one of my favorites in the entire draft. It only figures he could end up helping redefine what has long been one of the best defenses in the NFL. Hughes keeps the Ravens relevant and will be a Pro Bowl player within a year or two.
Arizona Cardinals
Trent Williams OT
Oklahoma
Comment: The Cardinals have needs across the board, from cornerback to a pass rusher on the edge, from linebacker to, yes, even quarterback. I may change my mind on this more than a few times between now and the draft, but the Cardinals also need an offensive lineman and Williams, a right tackle, could be the pick, especially if the left-handed Matt Leinart remains the future at quarterback. If Kurt Warner returns, Levi Brown could move from the right side to the left to replace veteran free agent Mike Gandy. Williams is a decent selection, though I think the Cards would love to get their hands on TCU's Hughes or Texas linebacker Sergio Kindle.
Dallas Cowboys
Dan Williams DT
Tennessee
Comment: I can see the Cowboys trying to find a replacement at left tackle for Flozell Adams, if there's one available. (I'm not sure there will be one left.) I can also see them targeting a wide receiver to compliment Austin Miles. (Why does Notre Dame's Golden Tate seem to make perfect sense?) But Williams grades out super high by NFL scouts and if the Cowboys don't trade up, which they probably will, this is a strong pick.
San Diego Chargers
Jahvid Best RB
California
Comment: The Chargers need to prepare for life after LaDainian Tomlinson and as much as everybody loves Darren Sproles, he's simply not big enough or likely durable enough to handle a full workload. Best can. He's not overly big, but he's stronger and has very good speed. San Diego might try to maneuver around in the draft to take a running back in the second round, which means they could go defense here and select a linebacker or defensive end.
29^
New York Jets
Terrence Cody NT
Alabama
Comment: As much as they could use another receiver, especially if Braylon Edwards departs, I know Rex Ryan enough to know he'd prefer to get a stud player on defense as opposed to offense. Cody might not last this long, and I'm not certain how he'd fit into the Jets' schemes, but he's a massive run-stopper and headache for opposing offenses. He could end up with the Cowboys.
30^
Minnesota Vikings
Sergio Kindle LB
Texas
Comment: If one of the top offensive linemen happens to fall this far, there's a good chance the Vikings will pounce on one of them. If not, Kindle seems too good to let go. That being said, they could use some help in the secondary, where age and injuries are beginning to take their toll. Florida State's Patrick Robinson and Kentucky's Trevard Lindley are viable options.
31^
New Orleans Saints
Brandon Spikes LB
Florida
Comment: This is another player worth watching, and he'd be a fantastic fit with the Saints. That eye-gouging incident aside, Spikes is NFL-ready and eager to show it. I don't see the Saints going offense here at all. I don't see them looking for secondary help, either, unless a real catch happens to slide this far. They'll be happy if they get Spikes – and so will he.
32^
Indianapolis Colts
Mike Iupati OG
Idaho
Comment: Any additional help the Colts can get to protect Peyton Manning makes sense and Iupati, at 6-5, 330, is a pretty immovable force. Heck, he's got a name that even sounds like it belongs in Indy. If he's still available, that's where I think he ends up.

Craig

craig71

Reaction score
Another mock.I know it's not the draft forum but the thread concerns the draft.

Mock draft 1.0: Where's Tim Tebow? Not in this first round
By Bucky Brooks | NFL.com
Analyst

The NFL officially released the names of the draft eligible underclassmen, and the landscape of the 2010 draft is starting to take shape.

Teams are starting to identify which prospects potentially fill their most pressing needs, and are stacking their respective draft boards accordingly.

There is plenty of work to be done, as scouts still have college all-star games -- starting next week with Senior Bowl practices -- the combine and pro days to better evaluate the talent available. The result of those evaluations could cause the grades of the top prospects to rise or fall during the run up to the draft.

Regardless, it's never too early to look ahead to the draft, so here is my first mock draft of 2010 (*asterisk denotes underclassman):

First-round mock draft
Team Player Pos. College Comment
1. Rams Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska Uncertainty at the quarterback position will force the Rams to consider Sam Bradford, but Suh is too talented to pass up.
2. Lions Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St. The Lions desperately need a franchise-caliber offensive tackle to protect Matthew Stafford's blindside.
3. Buccaneers Gerald McCoy* DT Oklahoma The Bucs haven't had a dominating interior player since Warren Sapp manned the middle.
4. Commanders Trent Williams OT Oklahoma Chris Samuels' injury makes acquiring a top tackle a priority, and Williams' ability to play on either side makes him an intriguing prospect.
5. Chiefs Derrick Morgan* DE/LB Georgia Tech A legitimate pass rusher on the edge would greatly improve a pass rush that ranked 31st in the league with just 22 sacks.
6. Seahawks Carlos Dunlap* DE Florida Pete Carroll's defensive background will compel him to grab an explosive edge rusher to lead the Seahawks' resurgence.
7. Browns Anthony Davis* OT Rutgers Mike Holmgren immediately looks to upgrade the team's offense by nabbing an athletic tackle to pair with Pro Bowler Joe Thomas.
8. Raiders Jason Pierre-Paul* DE South Fla. Al Davis' infatuation with speed and athleticism makes Pierre-Paul the ideal choice for the Silver and Black.
9. Bills Bruce Campbell* OT Maryland The Bills are in desperate need of a franchise QB, but their offensive line woes would make it tough for any signal-caller to survive or thrive in the pocket.
10. Jaguars Brian Price* DT UCLA Jack Del Rio needs a bed rock in the middle to help his defense return to the ranks of the elite.
11. Broncos Rolando McClain* LB Alabama A rugged interior defender in the center of the Broncos' 3-4 would allow D.J. Williams to act as a playmaker.
12. Dolphins Sergio Kindle LB Texas Joey Porter and Jason Taylor are at the end of their careers, so finding an athletic edge rusher is paramount.
13. 49ers Eric Berry S Tennessee The 49ers' emerging defense needs a ball hawk like Berry in the middle of the field to ascend to the next level.
14. Seahawks Charles Brown OT USC A QB like Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford would be intriguing choices here, but Seattle's injuries along the O-line will makes Pete Carroll's former player a safe pick.
15. Giants Brandon Spikes LB Florida The loss of Antonio Pierce robbed the Giants of a leader in the middle, and contributed to the defense's woeful finish.
16. 49ers Joe Haden* CB Florida Mike Singletary fortifies the defense by adding another playmaker to the secondary.
17. Titans Everson Griffen* DE USC The Titans must replace aging pieces on the edge (Javon Kearse and Kyle Vanden Bosch), and Griffen flashes the potential to be a double-digit sack artist.
18. Steelers Patrick Robinson CB Florida St. The Steelers' suspect secondary repeatedly cost them down the stretch, so Mike Tomlin shores up one side of the field.
19. Falcons Navorro Bowman* LB Penn St. Mike Smith needs a playmaker at the weakside linebacker spot, and Bowman's athleticism fits the bill.
20. Texans Earl Thomas* S Texas The former Longhorn would give the Texans' secondary a serious jolt with his speed and range in the middle.
21. Bengals Dez Bryant* WR Oklahoma St. Marvin Lewis would love to add a talent like Bryant to his offense to alleviate the pressure on Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco.
22. Patriots Ricky Sapp LB Clemson Sapp's presence should bolster a pass rush that was virtually non-existent this season.
23. Packers Jahvid Best* RB California The best runner in the draft falls into Packers' lap, and his talent is too enticing for Mike McCarthy to bypass despite a pressing need at tackle.
24. Eagles Taylor Mays S USC Andy Reid underestimated the impact of losing Brian Dawkins in the back end, so he nabs Mays to become the new anchor of the secondary.
25. Ravens Arrelious Benn* WR Illinois The Ravens' passing game needs a playmaker to help Joe Flacco continue his development as the franchise quarterback.
26. Cardinals Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma Ken Whisenhunt opts for Bradford over Matt Leinart as Kurt Warner's eventual replacement.
27. Cowboys Bryan Bulaga* OT Iowa Flozell Adams' declining skills make it necessary for Jerry Jones to find a replacement at left tackle.
28. Chargers C.J. Spiller RB Clemson The Chargers officially announce the end of the L.T era with the arrival of the ultra-explosive Spiller.
29. Jets Damian Williams* WR USC Rex Ryan hopes that Williams quickly renews his chemistry with Mark Sanchez to give the Jets a lethal passing combination.
30. Vikings Terrence Cody DT Alabama The Vikings add Cody to their defensive line rotation as a possible replacement for 37-year-old Pat Williams.
31. Saints Selvish Capers OT West Virginia The Saints would love to upgrade their linebacker corps with a talented playmaker, but Capers fills a pressing need along the offensive line.
32. Colts Jared Odrick DT Penn State The hardworking Odrick is an ideal fit as an interior player in the Colts' scheme, and his presence will help shore up the team's woes against the run.

Craig

2much2soon

Reaction score
Woods;3249335 said:
I'd hope for M Iupati, G, from Idaho.

I think there is a chance he actually could slip to us as well.

I think he could play OG or RT for us, so he offers some versatility.

And from Day 1, I think Iupati could compete for the Guard spot vs. Kosier.

Iupati is a freak. Only played like 2 years of football before college. Has a great attitude. I hate to say I like anyone from the UI, but he seems like a great kid.

Get him in an NFL weight training system and he will probably dominate on the field.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
craig71;3250127 said:
What about that kid from Alabama? I can't think of his exact name Rolando McClain maybe.I think he has declared for the draft.

Craig

Yea, Rolando McClain will be a stud too. Better than Spikes IMO. However I think he's long gone. I think he'll go higher than Spikes, but I could be wrong. I havent been keeping up to date on the draft.

I'm taking a break from football for awhile. It's basketball season now.

craig71

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3250147 said:
Yea, Rolando McClain will be a stud too. Better than Spikes IMO. However I think he's long gone. I think he'll go higher than Spikes, but I could be wrong. I havent been keeping up to date on the draft.

I'm taking a break from football for awhile. It's basketball season now.

It's hard to say where any of these guys will go until their name is called.

I've seen some mock drafts that have McClain going in the top 10 and some that have him in the early 20's.I'm thinking McClain will be off the board by the 15th pick at the latest myself.

I'm not to much on the game of basketball.

Craig

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
craig71;3250151 said:
It's hard to say where any of these guys will go until their name is called.

I've seen some mock drafts that have McClain going in the top 10 and some that have him in the early 20's.I'm thinking McClain will be off the board by the 15th pick at the latest myself.

Not to much on the game of basketball.

Craig

Let's just say I would be absolutely thrilled with any of 1.) Bulaga 2.) McClain 3.) Spikes.

I dont think they will drop to 27 though.

All I know is we need a safety, middle backer, or Oline with our first pick.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3250120 said:

What are your thoughts on Bulaga? Does he make alot of mistakes?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
CJ Spiller.

And after that, I hope they trade Barber for a 3rd or 4th.

I'd be jumping up and down!

And in the 2nd get CB Arenas and trade Newman for anything.

craig71

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3250154 said:
Let's just say I would be absolutely thrilled with any of 1.) Bulaga 2.) McClain 3.) Spikes.

I dont think they will drop to 27 though.

All I know is we need a safety, middle backer, or Oline with our first pick.

I'd look at any position if the player was the highest rated player on my board.

Another thing to consider is that if two players have about the same grade they will take the player who plays a more valuable position.If a WR and S were to fall to the 27th slot they would take the WR.I believe that when they drafted Roy Williams they said that they would have taken Jammer if he were still on the board even though the two players graded out about the same.Even at that there are so many variables on draft day that it's hard to account for what will happen.It wil be interesting to say the least.

Craig

CoolNClutch

Reaction score
Offensive tackle would be the best bet. Flozell has about 1-2 years left in him so we'll be "redshirting" whoever we take. Bulaga would be ideal, he is young as well (21 during the 2010 season) so even if he has to sit a year or two, it won't be like he's wasting away his youth.

Of course, if Earl Thomas falls to them then you go with him but I think he goes in the 15-20s. There's really no other safety worth it at that point. Taylor Mays is horrible. If we do get a safety, I would wait til the 2nd or 3rd round and see if they can get Nate Allen from USF.

I agree that we need some nose tackle depth but I think we can hold off on a backup nose tackle until the mid rounds (Jay Ross, Cam Weston, Torell Troupe).

We are "deep" with WR but it's very risky. Even though Jerry seems content with the position, I'm slightly worried. We got away with it this season with the emergence of Miles Austin but other than that, Roy Williams will be the only WR on the roster who was a Day 1 pick (and we all know how well Roy played this season anyway :banghead:). I know Ogletree has some potential and Crayton is solid but that's still playing with fire IMO. We need some explosiveness and if we have the opportunity to take a pure speedster like Jacoby Ford in the mid rounds then we should do it.

craig71

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3250158 said:
What are your thoughts on Bulaga? Does he make alot of mistakes?

Some tidbits about Bulaga.

2010 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person Bryan Bulaga, T, Iowa

Bryan Bulaga is the latest in a long line of talented offensive linemen from the University of Iowa. Bulaga began his career at left guard where he started five of the seven games he played in as a freshmen. As a sophomore, he took over at left tackle, starting all 13 of Iowa's games last season. Bulaga has started all five games he's appeared in this season. He missed three games early in the year, but it shouldn't effect his draft status because he was ill, not injured. Bulaga has very quick feet for a big offensive lineman and uses his long arms to ride speed rushers right out of plays. He is not as strong as fellow Big ten linemen Joe Thomas or Jake Long, but he's still very young and has time to develop. Bulaga's run blocking has also improved steadily over the last two seasons. He is no longer satisfied just blocking the man in front of him, he moves on to the next level and tries to get a block on a linebacker as well. The best fit for Bulaga would be on a zone blocking team in the NFL, because of his familiarity with the system. Bulaga and his fellow offensive linemen played an outstanding game against Georgia Tech to end the season, and Bulaga has declared for the 2010 NFL draft. He should be a mid-to-late first round pick, but excellent workouts could push him into the top half of the first round.

Craig

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Iupati is my target - let's get stronger and younger in the trenches. I think he's going to be a very good player.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3250076 said:
well, if it's not too much to ask, Lou Groza.

I'll take Morten Andersen, at least he's still alive. :D

He could probably still kick better than either of the two guys we had this season. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Avery;3250176 said:
Iupati is my target - let's get stronger and younger in the trenches. I think he's going to be a very good player.

I'd draft the kid in a heartbeat, but we're talking about Jerry, a guy who's NEVER drafted an OLman in the first round in his 20 drafts.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Big Dakota;3250182 said:
I'd draft the kid in a heartbeat, but we're talking about Jerry, a guy who's NEVER drafted an OLman in the first round in his 20 drafts.

First time for everything - Gurode was drafted at #34 so it's not as if we haven't spent premium picks there.