Who Do You Take? Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant

Reaction score
realtick;3704631 said:
Your infatuation with catch% (which is a flimsy stat to begin with) is silly, so is your subjective take on CJ's apparent failure to get seperation and up to "full speed."

Why? Because your missing the forest for the trees...

Again, my analogy of you descrediting a guy for sleeping with a super model because you didn't like the way he spit his game to her in the club is on point.

In other words, you're disregarding his production and criticizing how he goes about producing.

You want to bring up Miles supposed domination of CJ statistically, when he's got just a mere 46 yards more than CJ for the year.

You don't want acknowledge the fact CJ has 9 TDs to Austin's 3 TDs.

You also want to gloss over the fact that despite the fact CJ has been without his starting QB six out of the nine games played, he's still been able to put up those numbers.

Yes, Austin has missed playing w/Romo for three games himself, but there is a vast difference between three games and six games of potential production. Not to mention, some of Austin's worst games, you know, the ones you refuse to say he struggled in were with Romo playing.

You highlighted some reasons of why you would hate to face Austin, I agree with those statements.

I would also hate to face CJ, a 6'5" 236 lb monster who can outjump and outrace you (4.33).

lol. So what exactly is your take? Dez or CJ? That's what this thread is about isn't it? Not CJ vs Miles.

Do you agree or disagree that in a year or two Dez is the best receiver in football?

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3704966 said:
He is ..... his claim to fame is reality tv now.

Great athlete ....... horrible teammate

I gotta know, do you put on your Dallas Cowboys underoos on one leg at a time or just jump right in them?

hammer1

Reaction score
realtick;3702666 said:
Just for fun, but who do you take if you had the choice of making Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson your team's No. 1 receiver?

We all know how great Dez has been in the short amount of time he's been here.

Don't sleep on Calvin Johnson though. His exploits don't get shown too much because he plays in Detroit and has been teamed with horrid QB's most of his brief career (things may change with Stafford).

Your thoughts?

It's Dez...hands down. :cool:

mv09

Reaction score
Come On People..

Calvin Johnson on the Cowboys w/ Romo & a healthy line would set records.

Calvin easily.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Dez, He's is a top returner who can change the game on special teams. He's much more aggressive and and has better hands. Not sure who is faster but Dez is much quicker in and out of his breaks. He's more of a fast twitch player who can juke you out of your cleats. So Dez can get separation that way against corners who have the same straight line speed. Quickness allows a player to get separation and speed allows a player to keep that separation. That's why CJ sometimes has trouble getting separation - becasue of his quickness not his speed. CJ is more of a lumbering straigh line guy.

Plus Dez is younger by a couple of years.

realtick;3702666 said:
Just for fun, but who do you take if you had the choice of making Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson your team's No. 1 receiver?

We all know how great Dez has been in the short amount of time he's been here.

Don't sleep on Calvin Johnson though. His exploits don't get shown too much because he plays in Detroit and has been teamed with horrid QB's most of his brief career (things may change with Stafford).

Your thoughts?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
realtick;3705001 said:
I gotta know, do you put on your Dallas Cowboys underoos on one leg at a time or just jump right in them?

What team do you have underoos of? Sounds like the Lions.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3705135 said:
What team do you have underoos of? Sounds like the Lions.

Well, as a grown man I don't wear underoos.

What a strange question to ask. ;)

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3705164 said:
All evidence to the contrary.

Dear Fanboy,

I wanna tell you, Miles Austin really appreciates it when you valiantly fight for his honor. It pleases him and I know how much you want to please him.

Tell me, do you feel a little empowered when you put on the underoos, almost like a costume?

Sincerely,
An objective football fan

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
realtick;3704650 said:
Yes, Calvin Johnson is having a very good season despite the fact his starting QB has missed 6 of the 9 games the Lions have played.

*BTW, 1/3 of CJ's TD production came in the three games he played with Stafford.

Wow, one-third of his production came in one-third of his games? That's amazing.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Raw talent the edge goes to Dez. I think Johnson gives you more experience and options at this time as far as routes go and all that.

I am content with having Dez at WR and see only great things for him in the future. I love his passion for the game and how he goes and gets the ball (and doesn't drop it.)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;3705192 said:
Wow, one-third of his production came in one-third of his games? That's amazing.

That stat's a little misleading. The other 2/3rds of his touchdowns were spread out over the other 2/3rds of the season.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Idgit;3705248 said:
That stat's a little misleading. The other 2/3rds of his touchdowns were spread out over the other 2/3rds of the season.

You're right ... not good at all.

Here's something else I found -- he's averaging 75 yards per game, but he's had more than that in only about half of his games. In the other games, he didn't even reach his average.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
AdamJT13;3705259 said:
You're right ... not good at all.

Here's something else I found -- he's averaging 75 yards per game, but he's had more than that in only about half of his games. In the other games, he didn't even reach his average.

Your killing me Adam.

It's too late, or early depending on your prosepective......to do this to me.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
realtick;3705168 said:
Dear Fanboy,
Tell me, do you feel a little empowered when you put on the underoos, almost like a costume?

Sincerely,
An objective football fan

How many times are you gonna attempt to use the same joke?

"you wear underoos ....hehehe"

:laugh2:

And once again ...... an "objective" fan is not someone who constantly downplays the cowboys to pump up some other player on a different team that you have a man crush on.

Sincerely
A Cowboys Fan

HanD

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3705479 said:
we'll talk a in a year from now. See if you feel the same way.

a year from now the answers change. the question is at this point in time who do you take to start a franchise. for me, it's CJ because i haven't seen enough of dez yet to know that he will be as consistently good as he has shown. players fizzle sometimes. that's like saying at the start of last year, which WR do you take, miles who was fighting to be the 3rd wr or say someone like eddie royal or desean jackson or lee evans who were all very productive. a year later...the answer is totally different.