CZ POLL Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-49ers game and by how much?

Who do you think will win the Cowboys-vs-49ers game and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
These type of games tend to snowball. Both teams do great with a lead due to their run game, pass rush, play action, etc.

I suspect a few critical plays early in the game are going to decide this and I have no idea which way. I'm hopeful that Dallas can confuse Purdy into a turnover or two that end up winning the game for Dallas but I'm not going to guarantee anything.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hqdefault.jpg
Cowboys 27-69ers-24

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Their strong run game makes this a bad matchup for us.
Once again I don't think we have an answer for their downhill run attack.

And I think it's even better w CMAC this year.

I think it all boils down to how well we run against them too

Running and stopping the run has been our detriment in the last 2 divisional playoffs games. Js

They have 5 guys that can catch and run and they'll put them all out there at once!

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Our Lb Core is gonna have to make the difference this game.

CMAC was still clicking at 7 ypc against the Seahawks and that alone puts ya in a really favorable position.

We're good at covering passes we're just not great at tackling.

It's our 4th road game in a row and we're 2-4 on grass.

And we're playing a team thats been at home the whole time.

On short rest!! Against a super physical team

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I didn't think we'd beat the 49ers last year, and I don't think we'll win this year. The difference is, I think we have a decent shot at winning this year. I'm excited to watch the game. Neither was true last year.

This year the Cowboys didn't have that issue of slow starts or no starts anytime we played a decent team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
..Dallas motivated bunch.

Dallas 28
SF 23
Motivated??? lol... yep, thats gonna be the deciding factor..... who is more motivated. Sounds like the pitcher getting interviewed in the movie, Major League.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Sf 33
Cowboys 21

We haven't won a divisional playoff game much less one on the road in some time.

If we woulda faced the Titans with Henry We'd have a better judge on our run D this week. I'm concerned

I know what sf has done to us rushing before. They have the real Thunder and Lightning rushing attack. From Deebo, CMac, and Mitchell

So Dak needs to run like lil Jalen Because I don't think our wr core is as strong as it was last year w/o Cooper

if we can't score rushing effectively then it's gonna put too much pressure on the receiving core.

Our top wr only has 5 Playoff receptions and only 1 of those came from the 49ers in last years playoff game which has me concerned also. We're just lacking offensively with playoff and head to head stats

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
I like the Cowboys chances but think it will be closer than a lot are voting. Cowboys by 1-3 points. (Had the Cowboys victory over the Bucks not been so decisive, I'd probably have picked SF to win.)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Amazing what a win will do for the fans confidence in the team. Last week’s poll was pretty even with maybe a slight edge to the Bucs but this week more fans are on board with the Cowboys despite facing a much better team than the Bucs.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was in complete shock that many thought TB would beat us. It's like, do they even pay any attention to the NFL at all? Brady was 8-9 w/ the lowest scoring O in the NFL. Exactly what made that many think we'd lose? I won a nice pile on the game, only bet a little on this one. Great game coming up, going to be a dogfight.
Lol bro I say it all the time. Most of this board doesn’t watch other teams plays. I’ve seen more than a handful of posters admit that. That’s why we have such stupid debates on this site, because people just go off of what they hear from ESPN about which teams/QBs are good

kskboys

Reaction score
I think the Washington game really spooked a lot of people and the fact we were playing the GOAT tipped the scales for most people.

Anyways, its good to see the Cowboys and 49ers starting up a new rivalry just like the old days. Enjoy the game, should be a good one!!!
When the GOAT is 45, he is no longer the goat. So, what you're saying is that people were thinking Brady had not lost some of it w/ age? I mean, they've been talking about it all season. That's some naive thinking that players don't start losing their skills w/ age.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol bro I say it all the time. Most of this board doesn’t watch other teams plays. I’ve seen more than a handful of posters admit that. That’s why we have such stupid debates on this site, because people just go off of what they hear from ESPN about which teams/QBs are good
Or even worse, going by what was years ago.

Anthony Brown is a good example. At present, before the injury he was a good CB. Most wouldn't let go of how he played years ago.

NYUPSTATE

Reaction score
For the Bucs game almost 200 so-called fans picked the Bucs to win. Some are now saying the Bucs were trash and not giving Dak his due. Most were picking the Bucs out of hatred in their hearts for their own team because they wanted Dak to lose so they can say "See? I told y'all!." 4 people wanted us to get our arse handed to us over a stupid necklace. This fan base is terrible! Steven A. Smith is right!! There are some great ones here though.

323978252_532805532148453_8255292445194812543_n.jpg
Some good points, but I'm going to reserve comments on the quality of the fan base, for now. But it is true: Tampa, as great as they were 2 years ago, are the weakest team in the playoffs this year; their losing record symbolizes that. They really were pathetic against Dallas, giving Dak incredible amounts of time to pass or run. Brady, even as the GOAT, had a poor game. Experience tells me that when the Cowboys are so giddy and ecstatic about their play (not admitting they were playing a bad opponent), and when they start reading and believing all the press-clippings, they are due for a rude awakening. San Francisco is very tough to begin with, and that often means the Cowboys will play up to the competition (rather than choking), but I can't see them taking this game. Wish I was wrong; as this may be their best combination of talent and coaching for years to come...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That was my reasoning as well. Cowboys seem to always win if I pick against them! There's a method to my madness. And a little superstition added in. :D
The Cowboys are an upset pick, and you're the upset pick queen. Still love your "I don't know what I am doing" card. Well played. :muttley:

Status
Not open for further replies.