Who else is still riding the high of Jason Garret being gone?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I was glad to see him go. The thing I remember most about him is when he iced our kicker. I sat on the sofa dumbfounded for 15 minutes just saying over and over again, “he iced our kicker, he iced our kicker.”

I felt less happy about the change when I watched our current coach make some of the dumbest go for it on fourth down calls I’ve ever seen en route to a 6-10 season. On the positive side Jason Garrett is in control the Giants offense.

PLKmXOQvG8Circ7.png
this, I was happy to see JG finally gone, and dont want him back, dont miss him, but the high was ruined by mm's 1st
season and the dumb game mgmt, and dumb game plans etc.
will give him this season though to do better.

But yeah the high is gone.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread on this topic, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone else is still feeling incredibly happy now that Garrett is someone else's problem?

It was obvious to most of us pretty early on that he didn't have the skills to get team over the hump so it was definitely one of the most difficult things I've had to endure as a fan watching him stick around year after year.

I know many of you are ready to give up on Big Mike already, but at least he has won a super bowl, and in my opinion, has a winning pedigree and understands how to put together a team. We need to keep an open mind with Big Mike at this point, last year can't be the barometer in my opinion.

I also want to apologize to my forum members who will cringe when they see another Jason garret thread! Bottom line, I'm still like a kid in a candy store knowing he's gone.

I have a love hate for him. I think he has the knowledge to be a great coach, but his prep school, fake BS makes him terrible for players. I blame Jerry for the woes in Dallas more than anyone, and I have a love hate for him as well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t thought much about it because I’ve been reveling so much in how much better our coaching has gotten.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I am glad Garrett is gone, but I am not riding high. Garrett was AP Head Coach of the Year outvoting Bill Bellichik in 2016. We had a few good seasons under Garrett but not enough over a 10 year span.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I really don't think about him. Just another in a long line of puppets that were mediocre at best. Bless his heart and good luck.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jason Garrett was on the Giants team that played in the super bowl vs the ravens in 2000.

So technically Garrett has been in a super bowl in the last 25 years.

and none of what you said changes how bad he was during games making decisions last season. He was awful as was the rest of the staff.

The team was a mess last year. No offseason, no preseason.. Garrett was here 13 years, had all those things and still sucked. One season with a new coach through a pandemic and a boatload of injuries and the expectations seem very unrealistic. Then you sit here and pretend Garrett would've done better under the same circumstances?

Big_D

Reaction score
I am glad Garrett is gone, but I am not riding high. Garrett was AP Head Coach of the Year outvoting Bill Bellichik in 2016. We had a few good seasons under Garrett but not enough over a 10 year span.

Another crap award that amounted to nothing. Jerry got executive of the year too. lol More garbage.

dfense

Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a thread on this topic, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone else is still feeling incredibly happy now that Garrett is someone else's problem?

It was obvious to most of us pretty early on that he didn't have the skills to get team over the hump so it was definitely one of the most difficult things I've had to endure as a fan watching him stick around year after year.

I know many of you are ready to give up on Big Mike already, but at least he has won a super bowl, and in my opinion, has a winning pedigree and understands how to put together a team. We need to keep an open mind with Big Mike at this point, last year can't be the barometer in my opinion.

I also want to apologize to my forum members who will cringe when they see another Jason garret thread! Bottom line, I'm still like a kid in a candy store knowing he's gone.
I was too absorbed with trying to understand some of the most boneheaded decisions McCarthy made last year to even think about Garrett.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Keeping him for 10 years is the worst thing Jerry Jones ever did as an owner and nobody talks about it when discussing his biggest blunders. That was his biggest blunder.

Bad enough to make a bad decision on the front end but to keep compounding it after it was obvious .... that's just insanity.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Jason who. lol. Yes, I am glad he's gone. It feels like Big Mac and the coaches are changing the culture. Maybe camp cupcakes are a thing of the past...here's hoping.

Big_D

Reaction score
Bad enough to make a bad decision on the front end but to keep compounding it after it was obvious .... that's just insanity.

2007 Jerry hires Garrett before the HC, then Wade Phillips on top of that. That 2007 team was ready for at least a few year run and Jerry put an immediate stop to it. Then pretending he wasn't part off the problem in 2010. That's just stupidity.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett was better than what Mike McCarthy is now. Mike is a complete joke and his work ethic wouldn't even earn him a spot as waterboy.

Mike didn't bring this team together under his leadership, he allowed the entire defensive unit to rot. The only reason we didn't see this same thing on offense is because he doesn't have anything to do with it. Jerry got hosed with this hire.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The fact that the nepotism garbage is finally gone. No matter what McCarthy does, at least he's not Jerry's long lost step son in a situation where the owner refuses to let go.
Jerry and his infatuation with wanting to be right about Garrett 100% lost us at the very least 1 Super Bowl.

I mean even at the very end it seemed Jerry had to be forced into letting Garrett go. It was pitiful, and more proof that Jerry is just not a good football mind. This shouldn't be the "friends" business. It should be the winning business.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry and his infatuation with wanting to be right about Garrett 100% lost us at the very least 1 Super Bowl.

I mean even at the very end it seemed Jerry had to be forced into letting Garrett go. It was pitiful, and more proof that Jerry is just not a good football mind. This shouldn't be the "friends" business. It should be the winning business.

It was a ridiculous setup right from the start. You knew the second he hired Garrett before the HC what Jerry was up to. Long lost family friend and perfect puppet situation. It was a joke right from day 1. And the fact that it went on as long as it did really speaks volumes on Jerrys decision making.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It was a ridiculous setup right from the start. You knew the second he hired Garrett before the HC what Jerry was up to. Long lost family friend and perfect puppet situation. It was a joke right from day 1. And the fact that it went on as long as it did really speaks volumes on Jerrys decision making.
Unfortunately, I see history getting ready to repeat itself with Kellen Moore.

Jerry so badly wants one of his former players to be the next great Dallas Cowboys head coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kudos for you for giving credit where credit is due! It really frustrates me that some of our supposed key contributes here on this forum are so quick to label Big Mike a bust. Whether they like it or not, he has some major skins on the wall and has accomplished more than most. I do agree with you though, there really does seem to be a clear cut plan to improve this team and I believe that things are coming together and we will soon be contenders. It's going to be funny to listen to the detractors come up for excuses why they're doing so well with such a horrible head coach and QB...:muttley:

MM had some bad moments with in game management last year. And certainly the Nolan thing was catastrophe.

However the draft and training camp thus far have been great.

You get these biased fans on here that loved Garrett so its hard for them to accept someone else. Same thing with Romo and Dak.