Who fumbled, lads, Dak or Hunter? And how Dallas punched itself in the face

conner01

Reaction score
It was clearly Dak's fault. They are just covering for him because they know how much hate he already gets. The guy was running a fake and Dak forgot what play he called. That's why he never even looks back or down or even attempts to stop. Wouldn't be a normal game without a boneheaded play by Dak.
That’s an opinion since you don’t know

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I looked like he thought it was a fake. He is a rookie so maybe he missed the call. I assume we will find out
Has McCarthy had a post game press conference yet?

I guess it was Christmas and all.

Maybe we get it in the first press conference. But I can see them just refusing to hang either Dak or Hunter out to dry for this.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's what it looks like. What we do know is that Luepke didn't think he was getting the ball, that much is clear. Why is the question.
Most likely he just got confused about the call. It's him or Dak. Most likely the rookie.

Wangchung83

Reaction score

Really??? One of few bright spots lol. That’s just rediculous the guy disappeared for two/three quarters again. You blame defense and don’t realize we held the best offense to one TD for a large portion of the time Dak was getting sacked throwing to god knows what, etc. it’s just false reality to push your x post on here. It’s almost like you believe105.3 the fan as well. Those guys are idiots when it comes to Dak talk

tomokawan

Reaction score
I rewatched game. Dak put the ball right on the numbers. Luepke dives into end zone and doesn't even realize he dropped the ball. I don't know what heck he was doing,

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jiminey spokes!
Fox called it Dak's fumble, but didn't the lad Hunter Leupke from N. Dakota State, know to anticipate and lower and cradle the ball?

Good lads, the slow-mo shows Leupke's arms way too high to grasp the ball. Almost as the lad thought this was a feint?
Lads, cast your glistening eyes on the slo-mo.
And tell me what you think, good chaps all.

Before tha fumble: Dak, CeeDee, Fergie, Cooks rumbled downfield. Fearsome! And the ending was a fumble. And as a result, me feeling is tha fumble took the air out of our sails. Am I right?
Had Leupke held on, I am sure we win.

Holla
Despite tha, Merry Christmas me lovable ruffians. Me festivus was fun-loving!
Seinfeld-True-Story-Behind-Frank-Costanzas-Festivus-Holiday.jpg

The Cowboys fumbled. Seemed like everything was rushed, which ultimately caused the fumble. I am curious how often we even run this play at practice.

Seemed like Hunter was not lined up deep enough before the snap. That we just wanted to hike the ball, and have Dak spin and hand it off to Hunter running as fast as possible.

Hunter is big enough and powerful enough to pound the ball in from there. Absolutely no reason to squeeze this play in so tight with no room for margin of error.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
He stuffed the ball up in his armpit, after his thumb smacked the runner just above the elbow and slid up the underside of his left arm.
You can see the base of his thumb indenting the skin just above the elbow, and the runner's left elbow is up and lateral to his body.
Dak was way high and lateral for the transfer. He should have pulled it back in and took the sack

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He stuffed the ball up in his armpit, after his thumb smacked the runner just above the elbow and slid up the underside of his left arm.
You can see the base of his thumb indenting the skin just above the elbow, and the runner's left elbow is up and lateral to his body.
Dak was way high and lateral for the transfer. He should have pulled it back in and took the sack
My nipples are hard.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Seemed weird how Hunter kept running as if he had the ball and was going to score any second.

Guess he thought Dak kept it? (Which he needs to more)

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's what's really frustrating. Luebke was doing great, and looked like he might be the answer to short yardage situations, then that stinkin' fumble at the 1 happened. If we punch that one in, we probably win. It looked like the fumble was due to a bad handoff, in which case it's probably both their fault.
I still don't want to rule out Luebke for short-yardage situations. He was doing really well until the fumble, and it's not like we have a ton of short-yardage options. Maybe they can work out that handoff problem and he'll be fine.

jgboys1

Reaction score
It all depends if are a Dak fan or not. If you are a Dak fan, Dak handed the ball off cleanly but Leupke muffed it but if you are not a Dak fan, he clearly dropped the ball before he attempted to hand it off to Leupke.

See how simple that was!

RxMan

Reaction score
To me, it looked like Luepke never closed his arms around the ball and continued running forward like he expected it to be a fake to him all the way.
He never turned around to try to find the ball either.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It was clearly the running backs fault for not gripping the ball Dak put it in his chest he cannot close his arms around it for him he must do that himself.

The moment was too big and he didn't concentrate on securing the ball first his concentration was on running through the line and he failed to secure the ball.

Every analyst I heard speak on this said it was the running backs fault he fumbled.

Would have clearly been Daks fault if he dropped the ball before he put it in his chest but that did not happen.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone just blame Prescott and get it over with.
If he was the leader people say he is, he'd take it.

Clearly something went wrong there. It actually does look like either bad hand off or miscommunication.

So Dak take the blame and...get it over with.