Who fumbled, lads, Dak or Hunter? And how Dallas punched itself in the face

Zman5

Reaction score
Wrong. Dak didn't hand off the ball clean. He hit Lupkes arm. He didn't pull his right arm in time. Lupke didn't drob the ball, he never had it. The ball wasn't handed off clean and the QB is ultimately responsible for the hand off.
Go get glasses. Lupke didn't drop the ball because he made no effort to secure it once it was put on his body. It's hard to drop the ball if you don't grab it first. Once again both QB and RB are responsible for the hand off.

Steve007

Reaction score
Go get glasses. Lupke didn't drop the ball because he made no effort to secure it once it was put on his body. It's hard to drop the ball if you don't grab it first. Once again both QB and RB are responsible for the hand off.
Take off your rose colored glasses.

Aven8

Reaction score
Not weird to me.
Diving into the end zone is the kind of thing I'd expect from a guy who was trying to play up a fake handoff.
Luepke made no move to take the handoff.
He did make a move to fake like he had it.

Clearly Luepke just didn't think he was getting the ball. Most likely it was his bad, and I say that as someone who has been pulling for him to be more involved in the offense all year.
Well he pulled it off. I thought he scored as well like half of America…..

AbeBeta

Reaction score

bsbellomy

Reaction score
yeah, almost appears like Hunter didn't expect to have the ball. But the QB is usually at fault in these situations...the back has his eyes for the hole and the QB should have his eyes only on sticking it into the arms opening for the proper handoff. Hunter never had control of it.
Also he must have no feeling in his arms.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the RB is responsible for securiting it. they teach them how to take the handoff. one arm across the belly, the other the opposite on top of the belly or your chest. the ball hits you in the ball and you just tighten the arms and hands around the ball. his arms were way to high for him to have done that. plus, that crowded. that short of distance to run. your arms should be lower in your body, not on top of your chest. completely wrong technique.

Zman5

Reaction score
What excuses? You are deflecting.
You are the one who is deflecting by accusing me of gas lighting. All I was pointing out was what you seem to not understand. In every play, QB isn't the only player that is responsible for a play being successful or a failure . Football isn't tennis. It's the ultimate team game.

Steve007

Reaction score
You are the one who is deflecting by accusing me of gas lighting. All I was pointing out was what you seem to not understand. In every play, QB isn't the only player that is responsible for a play being successful or a failure . Football isn't tennis. It's the ultimate team game.
Ok, I hurt your feelings by criticizing the QB. Football is a team sport so you can't criticize a player. LOL

Zman5

Reaction score
Ok, I hurt your feelings by criticizing the QB. Football is a team sport so you can't criticize a player. LOL
My feeling are hurt now? And you accuse me of gas lighting and deflecting? LOL. Go watch more football and learn how the game is played instead of wasting people's time making foolish comments on internet forums.

John813

Reaction score
What was odd was even after the ball is dropping from Luepke chest he made no effort to reach for it.
He was a runner at NDSU, so, it's not like he's carried the ball 10 times since high school.

Just a weird, unfortunate play that seems to strike at the worst times for the Cowboys.