Who is disappointed?

IceBowler

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what I see: Not one time in Garret’s tenure here has he lost the locker room or had turmoil like you see so often with these Prima Donna players in the modern NFL.
His on-field management has improved steadily after the TN debacle and the guys respect and play for him. Sorry to disappoint you but that’s about as far as Head Coaching goes once your staff is set.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The fact the players don't give up on Garrett is enough for me to be ok keeping him. Linehan has to go though, we need a different offense that is creative.

Agree on both counts. Also its a little thing and plenty of coaches would do it, but I liked how Garrett came on the field to be with Hurns when he was being taken out on a stretcher.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I would argue that Garrett was returning win-or-lose, and I'm OK with that. I want to see where this team can go, and I think a massive coaching overhaul would be disruptive to what has been built.

Cowherd made a comment that we love to mock the Cowboys' disfunction as an organization, yet they're actually quite functional.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Cowherd made a comment that we love to mock the Cowboys' disfunction as an organization, yet they're actually quite functional.

If the organization was disfunctional we wouldn't be able to attract and keep top coaching talent like Richard, Marinelli, etc.

CapnCook

Reaction score
I hear the Charlie Brown teacher.. Whahn wham wha WA Wah

Edit: shut up

CapnCook

Reaction score
I said it when it happened (after regaining my composure)... I like a Jason Garrett coached team to be able to recoup after seeing a teammate lose a foot on the field.

ghst187

Reaction score
I’ll tolerate JG another season if we get a new OC

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The long kick try gave seattle a short field and three 3 points

why did the kicker not kick the ball out of the endzone after the TD just before halftime?

ended up not costing us but we were a kicker tackle away from going in down at halftime

those kinds of plays WILL end up costing you
Mahers leg must be tired. He is not kicking near as far on his kickoffs as he did just a few weeks ago.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Loser fans are disappointed with a playoff loss.

That's who is disappointed.

What side are you on?
If I'm a loser for being disappointed when/if we lose in the playoffs I would consider that being better than a happy loser.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Unless JG is calling the plays, then he is not really a problem.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I’ll live with JG as long as they get a new OC, not happy about his tenure of 8 or 9 years and no Super Bowl’ everyone excusing cause he has a winning record, inconsistent is what I see. 13-3, 4-12, 8-8. And it starts again. Call it what you will, he’s part of the issue but if he wins or gets to NFCC I give him another year if Linehan goes; otherwise they both go.

tico

Reaction score
Proud of the HotBoys Dub today, it's been a while since I have felt this happy..
If Garrett is here than at least Linehan needs to be done! Ohh and that tick Moore too.

Richard will be disappointing to see him go.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If the organization was disfunctional we wouldn't be able to attract and keep top coaching talent like Richard, Marinelli, etc.
I’m old enough to remember when the narrative among the rabble was no one wanted to coach with Garrett that was any good (approx a year ago)

OldJarhead

Reaction score
The real problem is those posters harp on every bad play (even though every QB has em) but never gives him credit for the good plays (they are the result of someone else, a mistake by the defense, just dumb luck, or don't matter because the bad plays trump any good plays in their opinion)

No, the real problem is the the fact that his good plays ARE normally the result of a fallen defender, a lucky bounce or a great catch by a receiver. Last night he made a good throw. He dropped one in the bucket, ON THE SECOND TRY! On the first attempt he threw the ball into the third row! Same route, same defender, same receiver. It's not a matter of bad plays trumping good plays, it's the fact that his bad throws out number his good throws by a large margin. Even if it's 50/50, that's not good enough to win consistently in the NFL.

Anyway, I'm not disappointed. I would have been disappointed had they loss. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, have been for a pretty long time, I'm always happy when they win. I just don't get as excited as I used to, the crash hurts too much!!

ClintDagger

Reaction score
It’s fair to be critical of Dak. I am too when he deserves it.

I agree with you. I thought it was promising that Dak threw the ball away a few times.

It’s just very telling when some posters can’t even enjoy a playoff win without ripping Dak left and right, when he had a pretty good game overall and scored the game winning TD.
I loved the win and I loved Dak & Garrett’s grit. But the question is, what is this team’s ceiling? They’ve made it to this step before in the last 20 years. It’s the next step they can’t seem to make and something tells me that Dak can’t ugly it up for 3 quarters then put on his cape in the 4th and have that be good enough to win against New Orleans. It will take 4 quarters of him playing well and not making boneheaded mistakes.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Cowboys defense made the seahawks go "3 and out" 6 times !!

We should have destroyed if it werent for linehan's incompetence .

This is true , we are driving the field at about the 50 need 2 yrds for a first and he throws the bomb a low percentage pass at best then we need 13 yrd later and he runs Zeke up the middle with out Big Fred this has not been working so well . I really thought Linehan was going to blow this game . Thank God Dak took it into his hands

Blackrain

Reaction score
The haters don’t have the balls to say they are disappointed. But all you have to do is read their posts coming.

Dak made it impossible for the haters this week he just choked the Seahawks out single handedly at the end even overcoming Browns penalty .