Who is LG now?

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is the LT, and Tyron Smith the RT. At least until Steele returns.
I am sure they will move them around to see the best options. Even when Steele returns. Probably Tyron at LT, Tyler at LG.

For now the LG may be Farniok as no other OG's really on the roster, as I don't think Edoga will be penciled in at the moment.
They will be drafting a few OL though, or seems that way.
Peters may not be signed until TC if he wants to come back.
I asked this same question in a Draft thread about how DE was a priority. G and DT are my 2 top priorities at this point. if we can Swing A'Shawn at NT i think G is your top priority at 26 this next month. interior of the Lines needs some help Martin is not getting younger and biadasz is due for a payday in the next few years and i really don't see us putting money on biadasz.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If Steele is not ready by the beginning of the season...

LT: Tyler Smith
LG: Matt Farniok
C: Tyler Biadasz
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Tyron Smith

If Steele is fully healed and able to start by the beginning of the season...

LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Tyler Smith
RT: Terence Steele

Like your first lineup much better with Steele an excellent swing tackle depth for the Smiths . It’s time to see if Matt Farniok out of a major college program is NFL caliber starter at LG .

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Soooooo..... then play him until he gets injured, and then you can go to your backup plan?

Purposefully putting inferior plays on the field because of the chance of injury is WILD.
Exactly. On a snap, any player can suffer an injury. It's not just Tyron. You play your best players, period. If there is an injury then you go with plan B.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .
why NOW ??we dont play for 6 months jeez can we wit until say June to pose these questions.. that easy to see the rosters not set, so guessing on a LG to pay in September is not worth the debate,

after the draft, TC will pit Farniok against say edoga, or a player to be named into competition and see who wins it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyler Smith is the LT, and Tyron Smith the RT. At least until Steele returns.
I am sure they will move them around to see the best options. Even when Steele returns. Probably Tyron at LT, Tyler at LG.

For now the LG may be Farniok as no other OG's really on the roster, as I don't think Edoga will be penciled in at the moment.
They will be drafting a few OL though, or seems that way.
Peters may not be signed until TC if he wants to come back.
I trust Jerry will make the right decision....Go Jerrah!

slick325

Reaction score
Any timetable on Steele's return?

I'd suspect he begins TC on the PUP list. He will likely not be ready until after TC or the first games of the season (similar to Gallup a year ago).

With that being said, finding an interior lineman that can start right away may be prudent. Tyron Smith will be the RT to start the season. If Dallas goes OL at 26, I would be just fine with that.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Any timetable on Steele's return?

I'd suspect he begins TC on the PUP list. He will likely not be ready until after TC or the first games of the season (similar to Gallup a year ago).

With that being said, finding an interior lineman that can start right away may be prudent. Tyron Smith will be the RT to start the season. If Dallas goes OL at 26, I would be just fine with that.
They said about a month ago he would be ready for camp.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I trust Jerry will make the right decision....Go Jerrah!
MM will and the OL coach along with eh OC etc etc etc we want an all out comp for it and see who wins..i rather not m,ove Tyler and use Tyrone FT.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I sure hope they sign and or draft more offensive line depth.
We are an injury away from disaster.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Don’t put all this faith in Steele being part of the start of the yr. And I’m willing to bet he starts the yr on pup or IR. If he was anywhere near as close as they say no way do they place a rd2 tender on a young starting RT. You know how many teams need starting RTs? I think they wanted somebody to take that bite. Tyron is their RT this yr. And once Steele gets healthy he will play that swing tackle role and then sign a deal in the offseason. I just think they would rather go with Tyron starting over Steele. Now if Steele was healthy I think Dallas moves on from Tyron but Steele isn’t. And won’t be for quite awhile. Remember it’s not just the acl but the mcl too.

RonWashington

Reaction score
why NOW ??we dont play for 6 months jeez can we wit until say June to pose these questions.. that easy to see the rosters not set, so guessing on a LG to pay in September is not worth the debate,

after the draft, TC will pit Farniok against say edoga, or a player to be named into competition and see who wins it.

It’s a football chat room among Cowboy fans . Drafts in three weeks I’m sure people in the FO are thinking how positions stack up . If it’s not your cup of iced tea good bye .

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM will and the OL coach along with eh OC etc etc etc we want an all out comp for it and see who wins..i rather not m,ove Tyler and use Tyrone FT.
Put your best five on the field. When Steele is healthy, tyron is LT and Tyler is LG. My opinion

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s a football chat room among Cowboy fans . Drafts in three weeks I’m sure people in the FO are thinking how positions stack up . If it’s not your cup of iced tea good bye .
OK good on ya :facepalm:

easier whose our qb =Dak, rush, top 3 wrs - lamb, cooks. Gallup; TEs-furgy, Hendershot, Mckeon ; KR/PR Turpin ;RBs Pollard, malik, Dowdle, and jones

Kicker and LG TBD

Starting 11 Defense nearly set...

DRAFT BPA because as you see our starting 22 nearly all set outside 2 positions.

nothing will even be debatable until post draft and camps start, too much flux, so it's a total time waster. Its obvious whose here now if game was today how it would go,

Tyler, Farniok/chimchonga, biadsz-70-tyrone.

there are no other bodies ready to go today that could start,

done , thats my point projecting 6months from now FUTILE

you are welcome...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .

AC's list is correct.

I think Farniok can be about the same as McGovern.

Edoga has started 13 games at OT. I think they might be planning to try him at OG. He has been a plus run blocker that had issues in pass pro at OT.

Waletzko likely edges out Ball on the OT depth chart.

I'll be surprised if they take a Guard-only OLineman in the 1st unless it's a really wow player which won't be available at #26.

They might take an OT and play him at OG. That gives them flexibility to move that player to OT at in point in the future if needed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You may not like it, but there plan is Tyler Smith at LG once Steele returns. They have Farniok and just signed another low level fa who can play guard in the interim. Think they will probably add another outside the first rd to cover themselves.
Yeah, I'm not feeling a first-rounder either after they used a first-round pick last year on OL. I think we revert to last year's play with Tyron at LT and Tyler at LG until Tyron gets hurt. One reason we picked up Edoga was in case of that injury and so we don't absolutely have to take an OL, but I do believe we'll take on within the first four rounds to try to improve the depth for when Tyron misses time.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I’ve been telling my friends for weeks now that Dallas is going OL in the 1st Rd.
1) Percentage wise, OL are more plug/play and Cost effective for 5 years
2) Dallas has shown a knack for picking 1st Rd starters at OL
3) It’s a need. The OL position is shaky and needs talent infusion
4) Dak needs an efficient OL to excel. The whole offense for that matter

LT Tyron- great when healthy
LG Tyler- better T than G
C Biadasz- good, not great
RG- Martin- is great, but how much longer?
RT- Steele- good, but coming off knee injury
McGovern RD3
Biadasz RD4
Steele UDFA

This pick starters everywhere.