Who is LG now?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not feeling a first-rounder either after they used a first-round pick last year on OL. I think we revert to last year's play with Tyron at LT and Tyler at LG until Tyron gets hurt. One reason we picked up Edoga was in case of that injury and so we don't absolutely have to take an OL, but I do believe we'll take on within the first four rounds to try to improve the depth for when Tyron misses time.
That makes the most sense. Add another depth guy to go with the likes of Edoga/Farnoik. This doesn't have to be a 1st rd pick, but adding a future starter makes sense. They have had success converting Tackles to kick inside at guard, perhaps that's the direction they take as the Guard class isn't too deep this year.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .
I suspect the draft will bring the new G.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Don't see Tyler moving to Guard, He's proved last year he's the left tackle going forward, Tyron will be the backup swing tackle if Steele isn't ready to go for training camp, Dallas signed Edoga to a one year deal and I think they'll move him inside to guard to compete for the left guard spot along with a guard/center they draft...
The money Tyron is getting even at a reduced rate, isn't swing tackle money. Tyron will be LT and Tyler will be LG once everybody is healthy.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The money Tyron is getting even at a reduced rate, isn't swing tackle money. Tyron will be LT and Tyler will be LG once everybody is healthy.
Money has nothing to do with it....Tyron can't stay healthy, I believe he will be the swing tackle if Tyler and Steele are healthy..You don't mess with two positions when you can' just fix one, and that's left guard..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Money has nothing to do with it....Tyron can't stay healthy, I believe he will be the swing tackle if Tyler and Steele are healthy..You don't mess with two positions when you can' just fix one, and that's left guard..
R.12f788ff7aafe0a13709eb5bfa60ba15

RonWashington

Reaction score
Speaking of depth at Tackle anyway with Waletzco & Edoga that leaves Josh Ball out in the numbers game .

T-RO

Reaction score
Folks won’t like it but the team may go an inside OG/C in R1.

If we do I’d go Avila > Torrence.

I've seen Avila mocked mid second round, even late third round. Like the player but can't see him going at #26 pick.

T-RO

Reaction score
Don’t put all this faith in Steele being part of the start of the yr. And I’m willing to bet he starts the yr on pup or IR.

I'll take that bet. All day. Steele will be week 1 RT. Sept 11 will be 10 months post op. Not a problem.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .
This is why I am convinced we'll make a move at the draft for one. Outside of a NT and RB I think it's our biggest need.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This is why I am convinced we'll make a move at the draft for one. Outside of a NT and RB I think it's our biggest need.

Pollard Jones & Davis have RB covered NT is thin and G I would guess is a position the draft just might address with NT

Cebrin

Reaction score
Pollard Jones & Davis have RB covered NT is thin and G I would guess is a position the draft just might address with NT
It's covered, but if a 3 down back is available, and BPA I could see us taking it. We don't know how Pollard will return, and the other two are stop-gap 1yr players.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It's covered, but if a 3 down back is available, and BPA I could see us taking it. We don't know how Pollard will return, and the other two are stop-gap 1yr players.

You make a good point . That’s why franchise tagging a RB coming off injury surprised me .

Cebrin

Reaction score
You make a good point . That’s why franchise tagging a RB coming off injury surprised me .
Yeah, same. Especially given the amount of RB's in free agency and the draft. Hopefully the doctors know something we don't, and that is the reason behind the confidence in tagging him.