Who is LG now?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Tyron has been a team player from the very beginning.
Absolutely he has. He's taken team friendly deals, he's offered to play new positions to accommodate Tyler Smith. He's the perfect teammate in ways. I just see a hard line being drawn when they start talking about taking him out of the lineup and into a backup role.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .
You will get Tyler and like it!!!!! :laugh: :thumbup:

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score

Jarntt

Reaction score
Part of what makes Tyler so good is the position flex he showed and I suspect he is even better this year than last year where ever he plays. That position flex is why he will probably be the LG when everyone is healthy (which won't be too often). Doesn't mean he isn't the long term answer at LT, but who cares if he is or isn't. Put the best OL out there and not everyone has his ability to play both spots. I think Tyron is a better LT than LG and I think Tyler is about the same at both. Most important thing with Tyler is we have him and we'll play him for a decade. The drama over where he plays is just that. Team over individual is how you win games

Cowboyny

Reaction score
77 RT. 73 LT and Steele when returns swing tackle with the likelihood of seeing action due to injury ( 77 ) . The LG needs to be found elsewhere . Mike Solari the new OL coach probably has his plans after watching tape .
Definitely in the market of drafting another Guard, but I don't see it as a 1st rd priority. All they need is a spot starter and won't have a 1st rd pick sitting on the bench until Tyron gets hurt again.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Soooooo..... then play him until he gets injured, and then you can go to your backup plan?

Purposefully putting inferior plays on the field because of the chance of injury is WILD.
This isn't musical chairs as some of you want to play, moving Tyler inside again and to then move him back outside when Tyron gets injured, which is a guarantee makes no sense because then you're looking at changing two positions instead of one...Tyler earned the starting job at left tackle last year, that's what he was drafted for so leave him there....... Far to many fans over value their own players thinking they're better than they are, everyone thought Dez would have 31 teams wanting to sign him when he was cut, didn't happen, everyone thinks teams are going to go after Zeke when he was cut, that's not happening, lucky to get a one year veteran incentive deal. Shultz thought teams were going to offer him a long term deal, he got a one year deal, you don't think other teams know what Tyron Smith is now at this point in his career, he's missed what 40 games in the last three years?.....again people think because they play for the Cowboys that they're so good that other teams are going to jump all over them to sign them.

I'd rather look to fill one spot on the offensive line(guard) instead of trying to patch work hoping nothing goes wrong with Tyron Smith at left tackle who just isn't the same player he once was..

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Either way. Still not good. That list includes guards BTW I was talking about tackles. So he would have been third.
Tunsil just signed a $25M/year contract and is considered one of the best OT in the league. Yes, Smith had too many penalties, but overall acquitted himself nicely at OT and probably should stay there.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Either way. Still not good. That list includes guards BTW I was talking about tackles. So he would have been third.
You need to look at what Tyler did in the playoffs against two quality defensive lines. He stepped up as the Left Tackle of the future. The Cowboys are in good hands with the young man.

RonWashington

Reaction score
With a new addition to the running game not to mention Dak , LG is a critical piece to an Effective Offense . MM seems to be all in on pounding the rock , good !

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They will use Tyler just like they did Larry Allen so right now he's the LG. And there was a report a month ago that Steele is going to be ready for camp.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am totally against 73 playing G he’s a fine young LT on Prescotts blind side . I had wanted a return of 66 but Buffalo probably overpaid him . Maybe the LG is on the roster already instead of spending a premium pick in April .

tumblr_ndvm22lp2s1qdku5lo4_500.gif

I think their plan is to play Tyron Smith at LT and Tyler at LG.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You need to look at what Tyler did in the playoffs against two quality defensive lines. He stepped up as the Left Tackle of the future. The Cowboys are in good hands with the young man.
Yes. Now imagine him at LG and another monster at LT. Remember that guy. I forget his name. Larry Allen i think it was.

LysleE

Reaction score
Agree that Dallas needs to go OL in first round of draft. As mentioned previously, HOF LT that cannot stay healthy; starting RT coming off knee surgery; a great, but aging RG; a serviceable C; and last year’s LT who will most likely play LG. I don’t see a lot of depth on the OL as well. While on paper OL may appear to be a strength it could turn into a weakness should injuries occur.
My fear is Jerry wants to make a skill position pick to help Dak, but I think OL provides a greater return on investment and does more to improve the team. A quality OL will enhance the running game, which will open the passing game as well as give Dak the time he needs to find his WRs without forcing the ball…at least in theory…with Dallas one never knows.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes. Now imagine him at LG and another monster at LT. Remember that guy. I forget his name. Larry Allen i think it was.
You might get your wish. The Cowboys will probably draft a guard/center in the first two rounds.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I'd love a dominant Guard on the first, get our TE on the 2nd and a RB on 3rd or 4th.