Who Is To Blame For The Star Wars Fiasco?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Fringe was a fantastic show! I wasn't as fond of the final season...it seemed to suffer from Abramsitis. He has no clue how to write endings. It's almost like he comes up with an idea for something and gets bored before he finishes.

Yeah I believe he bailed early though, after first or second season.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I disagree. They show a clear double-standard. One person is praised for accomplishing very little themselves, while another is criticized while actually accomplishing a whole lot.

Not knocking Lucas accomplishments. He IS Star Wars.

But he killed prequels with his insistence on green screen everything and cgi.

He took good actors and turned them wooden.

nobody

Reaction score
Look at her claim to fame, she associated with and has long been connected to actually talented people, those are her "qualifications". She started as a typist for Spielberg.

That's how she got started, but one isn't always going to be what they started out as. Does that mean I think she's qualified? No, but she hasn't been a failure in everything that she's done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's how she got started, but one isn't always going to be what they started out as. Does that mean I think she's qualified? No, but she hasn't been a failure in everything that she's done.

Oh no, absolutely not. I'm not trying to suggest otherwise. I'm just stating that she is not beyond reproach or being questioned.

And the fact is that she has made more than one highly questionable decision since taking over the big chair.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Not knocking Lucas accomplishments. He IS Star Wars.

But he killed prequels with his insistence on green screen everything and cgi.

He took good actors and turned them wooden.

With the original trilogy, I believe that he wasn't so egotistical as to not listen to differing ideas and opinions. I think his divorce from his wife turned him bitter and then the growing popularity and love of Star Wars fed his ego so by the time he decided to make prequels, he decided to surround himself with people who didn't know when to speak up or he just didn't care. Some of the most iconic and amazing scenes from the original trilogy were at the suggestion of someone else who talked him into them. That didn't happen in the prequels.

So Kathleen Kennedy seems to have taken a page from the prequel era rather than the original trilogy era in regards to running things. In fact, she found a way to make it worse....no clear or even general story outline for the trilogy...just a make it up as you go along and hope it works out.

I think the story would have been better in 7-9 had Lucas been at the helm, but it probably would have been more like the prequels than the originals, sadly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the original trilogy, I believe that he wasn't so egotistical as to not listen to differing ideas and opinions. I think his divorce from his wife turned him bitter and then the growing popularity and love of Star Wars fed his ego so by the time he decided to make prequels, he decided to surround himself with people who didn't know when to speak up or he just didn't care. Some of the most iconic and amazing scenes from the original trilogy were at the suggestion of someone else who talked him into them. That didn't happen in the prequels.

So Kathleen Kennedy seems to have taken a page from the prequel era rather than the original trilogy era in regards to running things. In fact, she found a way to make it worse....no clear or even general story outline for the trilogy...just a make it up as you go along and hope it works out.

I think the story would have been better in 7-9 had Lucas been at the helm, but it probably would have been more like the prequels than the originals, sadly.

I tend to agree, a tighter, more organized vision, but that said, I'm not sure that it would be a vision that I want to see any longer.

Not based on the prequels it wouldn't be anyway.

We can open up that can of worms if anyone else is game!
:laugh:

cml750

Reaction score
It’s a little silly to want to fire her over Solo though. One movie.
So can her for Solo and zero credit for ep 7 and 8? So easy a caveman can do it? Cavewoman? Lol
I think you miss the point of why Solo was a flop. It may or may not have been a good movie, I do not know because I refused to see it after the debacle that was The Last Jedi. Fans were so disgusted at the abomination episode 8 was that they refused to go see Solo (me included). Many refuse to see any more Star Wars movies as long as she is the leader (me included).

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think you miss the point of why Solo was a flop. It may or may not have been a good movie, I do not know because I refused to see it after the debacle that was The Last Jedi. Fans were so disgusted at the abomination episode 8 was that they refused to go see Solo (me included). Many refuse to see any more Star Wars movies as long as she is the leader (me included).

I don’t believe one had anything to do with the other.
Solo was never a “must see”/for fans.
Solo wasn’t even a consideration for average movie goer.

Had nothing to do with TLJ.

kskboys

Reaction score
My problem w/ all the Star Wars movies after the original 3: They forgot to have fun. The violence in the first 3 was really cartoonish. It was a fun fairy tale. Since then, they've been way too serious and often just too dark. And not very entertaining.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Who is to blame?

Look around...what do you see? Really... what do you see?

It's not just Hollywood. It's everywhere.

We are being controlled. What to think. What to read. What we watch.

Hell...I can't even say what I really think here for fear of repreccusions. Is that really freedom?

There is a certain demographic that has taken over...make no mistake.

nobody

Reaction score

You must not have been online much during that time then, because everywhere online was talking about a massive boycott of Solo because of TLJ.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Who is to blame?

Look around...what do you see? Really... what do you see?

It's not just Hollywood. It's everywhere.

We are being controlled. What to think. What to read. What we watch.

Hell...I can't even say what I really think here for fear of repreccusions. Is that really freedom?

There is a certain demographic that has taken over...make no mistake.

No one controls your soul the way you dream. Dream beyond what your reality has seen. Follow your yellow brick road.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8bdf2bec-c135-3ebb-95b4-105b9e4b4733.jpg

Last edited:

cml750

Reaction score

:facepalm:
Believe what you want but there were MANY Star War fans who boycotted Solo. Many of us will also boycott the upcoming movie. I have a large group of friends who have attended every Star Wars movie on opening weekend (usually opening night) going back to the early eighties. Adding our kids to that list there were 17 people who have seen all things Star Wars usually multiple times that boycotted Solo due to how utterly terrible The Last Jedi was. I am 100% sure there were similar scenarios across the country. Star Wars is driven by its enthusiastic fan base. The Last Jedi was a huge middle finger to the fan base by Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson. When you give your fans the middle finger they will no longer support you as long as you(Kathleen Kennedy) are in charge.

kskboys

Reaction score
Star Wars has become like a boring documentary. Which would be OK if it were nonfiction. Boring characters, lack of action, very boring and convoluted story lines, and just poor writing. They should scrap everything and just start over, after apologizing for Jarjar and for making unentertaining movies.

timb2

Reaction score
:facepalm:
Believe what you want but there were MANY Star War fans who boycotted Solo. Many of us will also boycott the upcoming movie. I have a large group of friends who have attended every Star Wars movie on opening weekend (usually opening night) going back to the early eighties. Adding our kids to that list there were 17 people who have seen all things Star Wars usually multiple times that boycotted Solo due to how utterly terrible The Last Jedi was. I am 100% sure there were similar scenarios across the country. Star Wars is driven by its enthusiastic fan base. The Last Jedi was a huge middle finger to the fan base by Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson. When you give your fans the middle finger they will no longer support you as long as you(Kathleen Kennedy) are in charge.
I saw "Han Solo" but had little hope it would be good. It did surprise me just like "Rogue One" did. The problem is "A Force Awakens" & "The Last Feminist" Uhh I meant "The Last Jedi".

timb2

Reaction score
I believe it is the new group of Star Wars characters that are ruining the franchise. Both Rey and Finn cannot act. Adam Driver can but he shouldn't be in these movies.

The writing is terrible,the PC nonsense is ruining this franchise. They use to release these movies as Summer Blockbusters,but now they target Christmas because they know little kids will want to see it and buy the toys. I think Disney really doesn't care as long as they can sell it to kids,but they forget kids are not as dumb as they think. Kids know when stuff is being pushed on them.

Disney Channels shows now are so moronic. My kids grew up with more quality shows like " Even Stevens" and now the shows are just so stupid. Disney does not care as long as they push it and push it, and they think people will buy it.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
They should rename these new movies "Social Justice Wars" instead of "Star Wars". Hollyweird thinks because they have a diverse cast, that automatically they should be honored with great reviews. NO these new movies suck!!. Bad writing,bad casting,no character development.