Who Is To Blame For The Star Wars Fiasco?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I believe it is the new group of Star Wars characters that are ruining the franchise. Both Rey and Finn cannot act. Adam Driver can but he shouldn't be in these movies.

The writing is terrible,the PC nonsense is ruining this franchise. They use to release these movies as Summer Blockbusters,but now they target Christmas because they know little kids will want to see it and buy the toys. I think Disney really doesn't care as long as they can sell it to kids,but they forget kids are not as dumb as they think. Kids know when stuff is being pushed on them.

Disney Channels shows now are so moronic. My kids grew up with more quality shows like " Even Stevens" and now the shows are just so stupid. Disney does not care as long as they push it and push it, and they think people will buy it.
She really sucked at the fighting choreography.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
:facepalm:
Believe what you want but there were MANY Star War fans who boycotted Solo. Many of us will also boycott the upcoming movie. I have a large group of friends who have attended every Star Wars movie on opening weekend (usually opening night) going back to the early eighties. Adding our kids to that list there were 17 people who have seen all things Star Wars usually multiple times that boycotted Solo due to how utterly terrible The Last Jedi was. I am 100% sure there were similar scenarios across the country. Star Wars is driven by its enthusiastic fan base. The Last Jedi was a huge middle finger to the fan base by Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson. When you give your fans the middle finger they will no longer support you as long as you(Kathleen Kennedy) are in charge.

So unrealistic,

You thin the Star Wars fans make up the $$$$$ box office? Lol
Average movie goers trump in volume over Star Wars fans.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The new characters can't act with the exception of Kylo Ren. The scripts don't make any sense and spit in the face of beloved characters like Luke Skywalker.

It's a combination of agenda driven politics and the franchise owners trying too hard to reset it the series for a new generation of fans.

I can't find the original post that started the Solo discussion, but people DID boycott that movie if that's what is being debated.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It seems kinda funny that some people are drawing a line in the sand now. If anything I think the last two movies have been better than the prequel trilogy, those were a let down considering the wait and expectations. It seems that people are taking these movies way too seriously, and holes can be poked in any movie in the franchise. Let's face it, even the original trilogy, even as great as it was, was pretty corny and wouldn't stand up to being over analyzed.

These movies were supposed to be fun, adventure, popcorn munching movies, good vs evil, a thrilling lightsaber fight or two, the occasional corny line, a few lighthearted moments, defying overwhelming odds, mix in a few aliens and droids and for the most part they have delivered.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The original films that had George Lucas were awesome but these new films produced by Disney and kept Lucas out of the loop are horrible. "A Force Awakens" I blame JJ Abrahams and Disney top brass like Bob Iger for the crappy casting and "The Last Jedi" for Direction and Writing was Rian Johnson.Which has to be the most awful film in the whole series to me. ....Hollywood has been putting out garbage of late and not going to get my money for "Star Wars-The Rise of Skywalker"......After "The Last Jedi" and all the garbage of political correctness and the horrible acting.I now turn to the Darkside and joined againist this crap....There is a BOYCOTT for EPISODE 9 Movement .On Star Wars Only they did a poll and the question was "Are You Going to Boycott Episode 9"? 41% say yes they would..That is over a 3rd of fans who refuse to pay for this garbage.

It seems Hollywood has been pushing female heroes more then men probably going on 15 years now....Charlie's Angels made money because guys wanted to see how sexy the women would be,but when they saw it was just a "Girl Power" fantasy then the Charlie's Angels sequel BOMBED because everyone knew what to expect.....Plenty of movies they have been pushing. "Ghost in the Shell","Underworld" "Mad Max -Fury Road"etc....Not men to be the heroes. Basically where is the New Arnold Swartzenegger? Sly Stallone? Bruce Willis? They are not there and if you have seen "The Last Jedi"it is so obvious this stuff is being pushed on everyone.This is Princess Leia's,Rey,Laura Dern's moment,not the guys.....I just wish they would let Men be Men and Women can be beautiful and sexy still and can also be heroes,but not this veiled Hate Men Crap being pushed down my throat......

Hollywood also has been hating on families for probably the last 30 years.No more TV sitcoms like "The Brady Bunch" when they made the Brady Bunch movie, they made the family into a total joke....

Talks of a female James Bond? PLEASE!!!!

For me, Hollyweird is not getting my money anymore they have lost touch with their core audience
Bro,I think it's a boarder-line call with that MAD MAX-fury road,,,to me, that flick kept getting better & better the longer I watched it,,,luv'd the Glock pistol concealed in the mud holster on the tanker scene ,early in that movie:thumbup:

nobody

Reaction score
Again pockets full of Star Wars fans do not trump the general audience masses.

It's kind of silly to sit there and tell us that many people didn't boycott the movie when we tell you that many people did. Where did I state that it was the only cause? Where did I state that it tanked because of it? It certainly contributed and only a complete fool would claim otherwise.

I know a lot of people offline that have stated that they didn't want to see it because of TLJ. It contributed. It might not have been THE cause, but it contributed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
13 pages, so far, of people arguing and complaining about Star Wars.........
Fb6foR4.jpg

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Hard to believe this many people triggered over The Last Jedi, survived the homicidal rage and suicide attempts that The Phantom Menace, Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith must have caused.

timb2

Reaction score
Hard to believe this many people triggered over The Last Jedi, survived the homicidal rage and suicide attempts that The Phantom Menace, Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith must have caused.
Don't give the writers any goofy ideas. A female Darth Maul called "A Female Menace", "Attack of the Cliqs",and "Revenge of The Nerds".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's kind of silly to sit there and tell us that many people didn't boycott the movie when we tell you that many people did. Where did I state that it was the only cause? Where did I state that it tanked because of it? It certainly contributed and only a complete fool would claim otherwise.

I know a lot of people offline that have stated that they didn't want to see it because of TLJ. It contributed. It might not have been THE cause, but it contributed.

Ok. Ok. You know a lot of people... got it!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It seems kinda funny that some people are drawing a line in the sand now. If anything I think the last two movies have been better than the prequel trilogy, those were a let down considering the wait and expectations. It seems that people are taking these movies way too seriously, and holes can be poked in any movie in the franchise. Let's face it, even the original trilogy, even as great as it was, was pretty corny and wouldn't stand up to being over analyzed.

These movies were supposed to be fun, adventure, popcorn munching movies, good vs evil, a thrilling lightsaber fight or two, the occasional corny line, a few lighthearted moments, defying overwhelming odds, mix in a few aliens and droids and for the most part they have delivered.

This. “It’s true... All of it”