Who Is To Blame For The Star Wars Fiasco?

Master22

Reaction score
I watch Supergirl, and I honestly don't remember much of that attitude even in the beginning, but there's absolutely none of it now.

I talked to a friend of mine that watched all of the Arrowverse, and it was there. But he did say it got better after the first season or two. For me it isn't necessarily a particular event but the trend of it over not just that series but over media in general.

I was watching Ciminal Minds and one of the main female characters was in a group talking with some of the other girls and a joke was said along the lines of not able to get married because all of the good sperm doners are gone. Honestly it's my kind of humor, but it's easy to think on a joke like that made by men towards woman aren't done by the heroes like the woman talking about men. That's for the villains or men who need to be taught a lesson.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Just because he doesn’t like doesn’t mean it’s not true.

This is a time for women. Good!

Doesn’t bother me. In most cases I like it.

But to deny that it’s happening is just ... illogical.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He was also in a movie called Corvette Summer, around the time the first Star Wars movies were coming out. I'm sure he must have had some other B movies.
Corvette Summer was a classic........OK classic may be too strong a word, but it was .......something

He has been pretty good in Knightfall

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yoda. Sneaky little bastid has been undermining the Star Wars series for years, and is also responsible for the creation of crap like Mars Attacks and Barbarella.

cml750

Reaction score
Anakin was a human child, kicking tail in the Podracer, and being adept at fixing anything, without training doesn't count? :grin:

BTW, what do you mean by "made by the midichlorians"? I know he had a higher count of them then Qui Gon had ever seen, is that all you mean by that?
You have to put two and two together to get to Anakin being made by the Midichlorians. First his mother said there was no father indicating an immaculate conception. Then Palpatine told Anankin the story about Darth Plagueis at the opera. I also believe QuiGon may have theorized he was created by the Midichlorians also but I cannot remember specifically at the moment.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have to put two and two together to get to Anakin being made by the Midichlorians. First his mother said there was no father indicating an immaculate conception. Then Palpatine told Anankin the story about Darth Plagueis at the opera. I also believe QuiGon may have theorized he was created by the Midichlorians also but I cannot remember specifically at the moment.
I forgot about the "Immaculate Conception" idea....if one is to believe her, and if that's truly what she meant. That would be the only case I know of in which the Force was sentient. I don't don't remember Qui Gon saying anything like that, but my memory seems to be slipping lately.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because he doesn’t like doesn’t mean it’s not true.

This is a time for women. Good!

Doesn’t bother me. In most cases I like it.

But to deny that it’s happening is just ... illogical.
Who is denying there has been an increasing number of actresses playing heroic roles over the past few decades? Movies have been around for over a century. Films have included an undeniably large percentage of heroic roles for male actors practically since day one. Swashbucklers. Soldiers. Gunslingers. Police officers. Many more. There is a pretty lengthy list of examples. The trend has been Captain Obvious obvious.

Studios finally accepted they have revenue opportunities regularly portraying female actresses in lead heroic roles. They are starting to cash in, especially in foreign markets. That genie is out of the bottle. I doubt it will regress back to where it was.

Change. Good or bad. Innocent or conniving. Accepted or refused. Just another part of life. I like this change and hope it is just the tip of a massive iceberg. It will be interesting how much of this focus shift I will see before I'm pushing up daisies.

Now back to The Evil Agenda!

eCEgkJJ.jpg

:laugh:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Corvette Summer was a classic........OK classic may be too strong a word, but it was .......something

He has been pretty good in Knightfall
i had to watch corvettes summer a few years ago. it was not as good as i remembered it but still something fun to watch i suppose.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Who is denying there has been an increasing number of actresses playing heroic roles over the past few decades? Movies have been around for over a century. Films have included an undeniably large percentage of heroic roles for male actors practically since day one. Swashbucklers. Soldiers. Gunslingers. Police officers. Many more. There is a pretty lengthy list of examples. The trend has been Captain Obvious obvious.

Studios finally accepted they have revenue opportunities regularly portraying female actresses in lead heroic roles. They are starting to cash in, especially in foreign markets. That genie is out of the bottle. I doubt it will regress back to where it was.

Change. Good or bad. Innocent or conniving. Accepted or refused. Just another part of life. I like this change and hope it is just the tip of a massive iceberg. It will be interesting how much of this focus shift I will see before I'm pushing up daisies.

Now back to The Evil Agenda!

eCEgkJJ.jpg

for me i don't care if they make female heros. make 'em away.

but don't do so at the expense of belittling men. and don't simply take a male role and make it female now and think it addresses the issue. while it is the trend it's also something i won't do and i've not seen a single one of the "female replacement movies" and won't. do i care if others want to? nope. have fun.

https://www.the-numbers.com/market/

you can read a graph like that in a number of ways but from looking around i would have thought box office sales would be way down but it all seems pretty normal over the course of 24 years.

i do wonder what it would look like w/o super hero movies but hey - that's part of them capturing what is selling. something hollywood and most places do. so if doing the "woman thing" sells to the majority that's what they'll do. i'll go be in the minority and find something else to do and wish whoever owns logans run would come talk to me about the trilogy and tv spinoff i've got going on. :)

but last i heard again - they wanted to make logan female.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've always felt that there was a better, fuller, more interesting backstory that was never utilized.

In his description of Darth Plagueis, Palpatine says that he was "so powerful that he could influence the Midichlorians to create life". That should have been the story as to how Anakin was born. And the never-explained kidnapping of his mother and the subsequent dreams he had of his mother and Padme should have been the result of Darth Sidious' machinations. Instead, none of it was explained, it "just happened". A tremendous missed opportunity in my mind.

nobody

Reaction score
I've always felt that there was a better, fuller, more interesting backstory that was never utilized.

In his description of Darth Plagueis, Palpatine says that he was "so powerful that he could influence the Midichlorians to create life". That should have been the story as to how Anakin was born. And the never-explained kidnapping of his mother and the subsequent dreams he had of his mother and Padme should have been the result of Darth Sidious' machinations. Instead, none of it was explained, it "just happened". A tremendous missed opportunity in my mind.

Apparently, in the recent comics, it's revealed that it was Sidious who manipulated the Force to create Anakin.... and that's canon.

So the Force didn't make a conscious choice. It was Palpatine all along.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently, in the recent comics, it's revealed that it was Sidious who manipulated the Force to create Anakin.... and that's canon.

So the Force didn't make a conscious choice. It was Palpatine all along.

It's great that the comics eventually fixed something that the guy who created the entire thing couldn't. Better late than never I suppose. Maybe they'll try to interject that into this next movie to try to fix that too?

nobody

Reaction score
It's great that the comics eventually fixed something that the guy who created the entire thing couldn't. Better late than never I suppose. Maybe they'll try to interject that into this next movie to try to fix that too?

That would take away from the "Men are incompetent" theme they've got going. I don't see how they could fit it in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would take away from the "Men are incompetent" theme they've got going. I don't see how they could fit it in.

I would think from a revelation from Palpatine. A quote saying something like:

"All of this, your very existences, have been as a result of MY plans! It was I who controlled the Midichlorians to create the life of Anakin Skywalker! And subsequently, the entire Skywalker lineage."

Or something like that, think Return of the Jedi...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but last i heard again - they wanted to make logan female.
Crap. I had a Duh moment. It was not Logan but they introduced Laura Kinney in Logan as a child two years ago. Technically, they are not the same character but Laura does adopt his hero name at some point in the comics. On a side note, the artists do draw her PRETTY DARN WELL as an adult. And minus any excess body hair. :laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crap. I had a Duh moment. It was not Logan but they introduced Laura Kinney in Logan as a child two years ago. Technically, they are not the same character but Laura does adopt his hero name at some point in the comics. On a side note, the artists do draw her PRETTY DARN WELL as an adult. And minus any excess body hair. :laugh:

I think you're still having one. I think he's referring to Logan's Run. But maybe I'm mistaken?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
heh - yea, the 70s scifi logans run. :)

i could do what i wanted to do and make it a woman character but i prefer things to be that way cause it makes sense for the story. not go "ok, this male character is now female - go". just seems forced to me.